Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Updated] Enhanced Particles

Default Re: Enhanced Particles

Hey Gaius Livius. I've yet to pick it up, but planning to do so today anyway. However, since I don't have access to the files yet it's difficult to tell if the dust can be reproduced, but if it's possible I'll give it a try.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

I noticed that both md_seem_1_5 and your mod use the particle_effects_table, but I can't really see a difference in PFM.

Is it safe to use both mods together?

Ahhh, I saw post #44 and added those two lines to the table. I'll see if it works.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AstroCat; January 17, 2017 at 09:18 AM.

Semisalis

Hi guys, I love your mod. I am making a mini-overhaul called Virtus et Gloria with just essential improvements for the game and also some scripting. Something ideal for someone trying mods for the first time. Please could I have permission to include your mod in the overhaul?
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Sure, you have our permission. Also, best of luck with the mod

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Sheridan, thanks for your efforts; looks like it would be great, but I can't get this to work. The only other particle mod I've got working is bloodbath which loads in mod manager as a movie file. Several above have got yours working as a movie file, but I've just researched PFM for about an hour and it seems pretty complex and problematic for a lot of folks. Anyone above who has this enhanced particle file as a movie would you kindly post same? Thanks.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Finally, got this working thanks to Sheridan going way above and beyond to send me the movie file. He also suggested that I go check out the January version with the link on the second page of the Steam thread on the mod. I've tried both and the January version is the real deal; it looks just like all these screenies. This is a transformational mod. Can't recommend it highly enuf if your rig can do it. Plus rep and wish I could give you ten.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Hey Gaius Livius. I've yet to pick it up, but planning to do so today anyway. However, since I don't have access to the files yet it's difficult to tell if the dust can be reproduced, but if it's possible I'll give it a try.
    Were you able to get this to work in Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    Were you able to get this to work in Attila?
    Haven't actually tried retro-fitting Attila with the mod assets. It might work with a few adjustments, but on the other hand there's just so much more material to work with already in Attila. In other words it's just as good to start over, using only the know-how gained from making this mod. I've approached the matter carefully a few times but it's fair to say that it's actually a little more tricky to accomplish for Attila, mainly because more things are involved. If all goes well, we should have a mod out in a few weeks.

Take your time. On a side note, I'm also interested to see what the AE team does for Attila. Mechanics-wise, it really is the game Rome II should have been, and it borrows a lot from mods like DeI to do it. I can't wait to see what AE can do to make that happen.

This mod doesn't seem to work with patch 17.
    It used to work perfectly before but i can't make to work.
    Does anyone experience the same issue ?

thanks

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

I have a clean install with no other mods and this mod I can't get to work. Have installed PFM and changed from .pack to .mov still no luck! I am now assuming that this mod is old and now cannot be used ?
    Last edited by FEARLESS; September 03, 2015 at 05:41 AM.

It is really a must have mod - difficult to get back.
    I hope Sheridan can fix it some day !

"My kingdom for some dust !"

I read on Steam workshop comments for that mod that the mod was quite difficult to patch (or impossible ?)
    Can someone confirm ?

thanks

regards

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

I work with Sheridan on Ancient Empires and have worked on this mod for Attila some. I will check it out tomorrow and see what I can do about this. I'd like have this up and running for you guys
    Last edited by UMCenturion; September 16, 2015 at 10:07 AM.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Enhanced Particles Fixed Glad to announce, Enhanced Particles is fixed. This is a temp file, until Sheridan updates it on steam. Feel free to download standalone version here. It must be in movie.pack, so please do not change it if you have PFM. Would like to hear how it goes, and if it is working for everyone as it is me. Again, this is not my work, but have updated the pack to be compatible with latest patch.

Enhanced Particles Google Drive Download:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by UMCenturion; September 16, 2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Enhanced Particles Fixed Glad to announce, Enhanced Particles is fixed. This is a temp file, until Sheridan updates it on steam. Feel free to download standalone version here. It must be in movie.pack, so please do not change it if you have PFM. Would like to hear how it goes, and if it is working for everyone as it is me. Again, this is not my work, but have updated the pack to be compatible with latest patch.

Enhanced Particles Google Drive Download:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Thank you very much sire, testing right now.

Hello or download it to your needs please pack? What file? Thank you.

I ve found thank you.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Edit: Fail
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; September 26, 2015 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Fail

Has anyone confirmed it works for them? Just want to make sure the movie pack does not auto switch back to a mod pack type. Remember it must be in movie format. If it is still not working, try opening it up, via Pack file manager, switching it to movie format, save, and change it to read-only. Below are some screen shots.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast