Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Updated] Enhanced Particles

Default Re: Enhanced Particles

Thanks Sheridan for this great mod!

Unfortunately, i am not able to see any dust or smoke at all, even with the particles option set to extreme. Does anybody have an idea about this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by bubudede View Post
    Thanks Sheridan for this great mod!

Unfortunately, i am not able to see any dust or smoke at all, even with the particles option set to extreme. Does anybody have an idea about this issue?
    Have you tried it in deserts or on grassland? No effect is rendered on snow, just for the record. There may be incompability issues if running it alongside with other effect mods, so you may want to try disabling such (if you have any) and see if that causes the issue.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Tired of TWC Arrogance

This remains one of my favorite mods. When was the last update?

It was updated about a week ago but nothing very major, just removed dust for roads and other minor terrain types.

Hello Sheridan. Any plans to release a second, toned-down version, like you mentioned on the first page? Cheers!

Well basically this is the toned down version, it always was.

I wouldn't mind doing that at some later stage, though. First, better fire and smoke effects need to be implemented. It will require some time since I'm busy with the core Antiqua Imperium project, but I'll try and implement it as soon as possible.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

It working on me. These pictures are taken in 1-2 days ago.

Enchanced particles with Noif

Looking good there, Noif!

I'm considering to make it somewhat more subtle on grassland. As of now, it can look a little dominant depending on the seasonal conditions. An additional thing is to change the colour for desert dust to something that resembles the terrain colour better - just not too well. Finding that balance has proven very difficult but I'm not giving up.

Content Emeritus

Yeah i was thinkin that grasslands are not so sandy that can make so huge sand storm as I like this idea that battle are in dust or in sand.

Tried everything but I cannot get this mod to work. Running on max settings with all my other mods disabled.

Are you positive you don't have any other effect mods that may interfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Are you positive you don't have any other effect mods that may interfer?
    I use SEEM_v1_6 normally but removed it to try your mod. Ive tried on several different maps to make sure.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Meretrix View Post
    I use SEEM_v1_6 normally but removed it to try your mod. Ive tried on several different maps to make sure.
    It should work well as you see it in my pictures too. Seem some mods cause conflict with it. Try use one mod that enchanted particles and then add one mod one by one until you see which mod cause it.

Update now launched that significantly reduces the lifetime and volume of the particles in grassland, while to a lesser extent reducing said things in deserts. The effects are more subtle compared to before, but can still be spotted without much effort. Should anyone for any reason prefer the previous version, it can be accessed here, https://www.sendspace.com/file/n1nvkq

The colour for deserts isn't quite where we (or at least I) want it, so we basically need new texture colours for that, which will take a bit of time. It fits the environment far better now than before though; too well.

Got it working. Had to convert it to a movie pack. Looks really good.

Great to hear that, sorry you had to do it yourself though.

kruma's Avatar Civis

Guys, could you tell me how to make this file of the SEEM 1-5 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._afa_P9_1.pack compatible with EP mod? I love this version of the mod and I am now using the one compatible shared earlier in the forum but it is just way too bloody ..to the level that it ruins the textures of the troops

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    Guys, could you tell me how to make this file of the SEEM 1-5 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._afa_P9_1.pack compatible with EP mod? I love this version of the mod and I am now using the one compatible shared earlier in the forum but it is just way too bloody ..to the level that it ruins the textures of the troops

Thanks
    Hey Kruma,

This compability fix should do it, here https://www.sendspace.com/file/c2fbs8 (same file with a conflicting table removed)

Hope it works out.

kruma's Avatar Civis

it works, thanks. Is it the file i posted? good work :d

Hi Sheridan,

Will there be a version for Attila? I just played the prologue battle and Attila has battle dust. Just not as good looking as yours.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast