Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Updated] Enhanced Particles

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: (Released) Enhanced Particles

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Sorry!

It's just that I've been working on an update for it. Adding a non-steam link now would be kind of pointless since I'd have to update it again later today (and likely in the coming few days as well). Anyway, since you're asking for it, here it is. You can also try out the update (not yet finished), here. Remember that they're both movie files, so only add one to the data folder at a time.

@Kamikazee786

Nice screenshots!

@Zombieflanders

The extreme edition will take a while longer, Petellius doesn't have access to the tools right now to mod and it's primarily his work, or at least was meant to be so. I'm focusing on refining the effects for the current version at the moment, so later today there'll be new textures for the dust on sand if everything goes like planned.
    Yipeeee, that okay i can be patience waiting the latest release, i am very very boring enough tinkering with CAI stuff, and your particle mod is surely can give me some quality time to enjoy. Congrats for first release
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

A must have mod!!

How do I make sure that this mod loads over Mech_Donald's SEEM_v1_6 (I want SEEM effects, but overwrited with the dust effects from Enhanced Particles), as both are movie packs? Alphabetic order, like mod packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    How do I make sure that this mod loads over Mech_Donald's SEEM_v1_6 (I want SEEM effects, but overwrited with the dust effects from Enhanced Particles), as both are movie packs? Alphabetic order, like mod packs?
    If you have PFM, remove the battle_entity_effects table in SEEM as well as the unit_dust_parameters under effects. Additionally, in the particle_effects table, add the two entries unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_grass and unit_vfx_infantry_terrain_desert. That's it, you're good to go. (Keep both mods enabled after that, it's like a compability update).

There's going to be an update later today, it's on good way already. Currently working to make sure it doesn't drain on performance too much.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

I have done it. Still, 1 conflict remain at db\particle_effects_tables\particle_effects (naturally, as you tell me to add 2 lines at this table in SEEM). As mods names begins with 'M' for SEEM and 'V' for EP, I think SEEM will load after, overwriting EP. This is the idea?

I love this mod. It could use a little yellow or brown as it is too white atm. Still look epic in my game.
    100% screenshot.

Nice screenshots! Almost looks like fog from that angle

Might have to tweak that a bit, but awesome nevertheless.

Look good
    "Suffer little children," said the controller.
    -Brave New World

Another update launched with some hopefully welcomed adjustments!

I don't have any good screenshots to tease you all with at this time, but it's worth checking out in game.

I thought it was perfect already? Looked so good tbh

There's always room for improvements. If you preferred the old version, you can always download it via the link provided in the comment section on the workshop page.

I think you should make the dust trail longer. Its currently too short imo

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Great mod - a true game-changer. Thank you. +Rep.

The mod is great, brings another level of immersion to the battlefileds. Personal opinion: dust could be a little darker, sometimes it looks too close to white smoke.

Thank you very much everybody

@Alexandre Lange

Agreed, we're working on that. It's proving difficult to find a colour that fits in the desert environment without blending in so well to the point at which it becomes almost invisible. There will be more updates coming for it

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Got screenshots of this mod in action to share. Shown with my ACR Varietas installed.

Roman Republican army marching against rebels on Corsica...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Really nice effects. It looks even better in game. Thank you very much for this contribution, Philip and The Germans are coming.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

This mod is absolutely amazing! It takes the battle visuals to a whole new level :-)
    Keep it up and a Happy New Year!

Hats off Philip!!!

Essential mod i say! A true game changer indeed!

I'll post screens but mate what a show eh!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Hoping to update it with some more tweaks and additions soon, such as better smoke.

Also Happy New Year!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Indeed awesome mod and a must have for all players

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast