Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Updated] Enhanced Particles

Default Re: Enhanced Particles

Quote Originally Posted by Morfans View Post
    Now that I have secured Demokritos' ACR "Varietas" release on Dec 22, I only need this one for a happy Xmas.

Ahem ... are you releasing it ?
    Not sure I can release mine before christmas but as for Philip, I'm not even sure he has finished tweaking his yet xD

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Very good idea, Sheridan!

Thanks everyone!

Expected day of release is tomorrow. It is practically finished already, but there are some details that need to be sorted out. If anyone wants to get their hands on the mod right away, PM me or Petellius and we'll take care of it. More feedback would be very helpful at the moment, so feel absolutely welcome to make such a request.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

A first version will be available in a few hours from now.

Default Re: (Released) Enhanced Particles

Sorry for the triple post

Anyway - the mod is now released and available! The "Extreme" edition will be available later tonight or tomorrow.

Keep in mind that it's a rather early version and things might change later on. Feel free to come with suggestions for improvements.

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

@ Sheridan : good job indeed, +rep. Very nice performances, too. Just a question: it looks to me the "wind effect" is there already - so what is the difference to Petellius' ?
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; December 21, 2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: continuity

Exactly right ! Cynep is the word ...

@ Sheridan : good job indeed, +rep. Very nice performances, too. Just a question: it looks to me the "wind effect" is there already - so what is the difference to Petellius' ?
    Cheers guys!

We both applied the wind effect, I think he just wanted to boast about it. The big difference currently is that this is more of a standard version, while his will be more to the extreme (which will be more taxing also).

I'm really liking the effect. I know this sounds weird, but it's both subtle and noticeable at the same time, but still pretty natural. Does it get more intense in desert vs grassland vs forest? I haven't fought in the rain yet, so if I notice anything there I'll let you know.

Yeah it took a fair bit of time to get it that way. It's something you want to notice, but still not to the point at which it looks weird when 20+ units are on the map. There is a slight difference between grassland/mud and deserts yep, it's a little bit toned down in the former. I don't know if rain has any impact on whether the effects are displayed or not - ideally it should be less apparent or not visible at all if it's raining a lot. That's probably not something that can be modified though, unless there's a file with the specific purpose of nullifying effects under certain weather conditions. I'll have a look into that, actually.

Совместил ваш мод с MD_mod_SEEM_v1_6 улучшение эфектов отлично работает плюс графический мод , такое чуство что ФИЛЬМ смотриш !) у меня слабый 2 ядерный процессор ))) и всё же играбельно )

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Awesome mod and looks great in game! +reps

Quote Originally Posted by SASHA1321980777 View Post
    Совместил ваш мод с MD_mod_SEEM_v1_6 улучшение эфектов отлично работает плюс графический мод , такое чуство что ФИЛЬМ смотриш !) у меня слабый 2 ядерный процессор ))) и всё же играбельно )
    That's great! Glad that it works with SEEM 1.6 too for you.

@Toon

Thanks! Appreciate that.

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    That's great! Glad that it works with SEEM 1.6 too.
    Nay, that must be casual. The two mods do conflict. I was actually thinking of stripping the dust thing off SEEM - or you may want to extend yours to cover blood and smoke as well ...

Nay, that must be casual. The two mods do conflict. I was actually thinking of stripping the dust thing off SEEM - or you may want to extend yours to cover blood and smoke as well ...

There are conflicting reports on this it seems. Anyway, not planning on extending it to blood since I don't even own the blood & gore DLC. Smoke, on the other hand, will be subject to change later on. As for now it's probaly a good idea to strip out the dust from SEEM if it's not compatible.

я для себя соединил два этих мода, всё работает как часы ,игра приобрела наконец то хоть какой то реализм , как фильм смотриш ! и всё благодаря умельцу Sheridan

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Good stuff mate, just dont forget add non steam link too
    Will rep you for sure
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 22, 2014 at 06:17 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Yeah it took a fair bit of time to get it that way. It's something you want to notice, but still not to the point at which it looks weird when 20+ units are on the map. There is a slight difference between grassland/mud and deserts yep, it's a little bit toned down in the former. I don't know if rain has any impact on whether the effects are displayed or not - ideally it should be less apparent or not visible at all if it's raining a lot. That's probably not something that can be modified though, unless there's a file with the specific purpose of nullifying effects under certain weather conditions. I'll have a look into that, actually.
    It looks like the effect is still there in rain battles.

There are conflicting reports on this it seems. Anyway, not planning on extending it to blood since I don't even own the blood & gore DLC. Smoke, on the other hand, will be subject to change later on. As for now it's probaly a good idea to strip out the dust from SEEM if it's not compatible.
    Since this mod and SEEM are both movie packs (i.e., are "always on"), I couldn't get them to work properly together. For now, I'm sticking with this one because I get some stuttering issues with SEEM, so I'm really excited for the "extreme" version that you're teasing us with. And those of us who like to tinker could probably find a way to merge the two using PFM, but that would be purely for personal use.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Beautiful, absolutly beautiful, really really makes the battle look so epic when 2 armies clash throwing such fine quality dust everywhere

some screens, (i have gem enabled and it looks amazing !)

I dont think you get this much dust when it rains but wow i still love it, please don't change it

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Give me Non steam linnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it

How hard to upload 1.378 MB it to media fire anyways
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 23, 2014 at 03:00 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    Give me Non steam linnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it

How hard to upload 1.378 MB it to media fire anyways
    Sorry!

It's just that I've been working on an update for it. Adding a non-steam link now would be kind of pointless since I'd have to update it again later today (and likely in the coming few days as well). Anyway, since you're asking for it, here it is. You can also try out the update (not yet finished), here. Remember that they're both movie files, so only add one to the data folder at a time.

@Kamikazee786

Nice screenshots!

@Zombieflanders

The extreme edition will take a while longer, Petellius doesn't have access to the tools right now to mod and it's primarily his work, or at least was meant to be so. I'm focusing on refining the effects for the current version at the moment, so later today there'll be new textures for the dust on sand if everything goes like planned.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast