Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [Updated] Enhanced Particles

Default Re: Enhanced Particles

Updated for compability with the latest patch. Thanks to all of you for so patiently staying and bearing with us, in anticipation for the next update. Also, thanks to UMC for putting up guides on how to address it for the tech-savvy. An additional update will follow tonight with improvements.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Need update for the steam version

Default Re: [Updated] Enhanced Particles

The thread has been updated with relevant information and new download links. A Steam version isn't available and is out of our capacity, due to trouble with the launcher since patch 17. It's not as convenient, but without no doubts better than nothing.

This mod won't even work when I drop it into the data folder. What's going on with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    This mod won't even work when I drop it into the data folder. What's going on with it?
    It's entirely functional since the update, only the Steam version doesn't work any longer; and will not for the forseeable future, if ever. Have you put the particle effects settings to at least very high in the game? That's a common thing people miss. Bear in mind also that the particle effects aren't consistent with all the images, as much has changed in the versions since. The mod is easily noticeable on grass, but takes a more subtle form in desert landscapes.

How is this mod installed ? I downloaded the zip file , which contained the files vfxtra.pack and VFXtra.png , but there were no instructions to follow ... Should I copy these files somewhere ?

Put them in your Rome II data folder. The mod will run automatically once you've done that. Remember, it requires particle settings set to high or greater.

I put both of the files into the Data folder , I started the game , I activated the mod through the Mod Manager (by the way , there was no special name for the mod , just the name of the file : vfxtra.pack) , but I still don't see any dust ... My particle setting is set to Extreme .

Maybe I should also activate the mod from within the on-line workshop ? I mean maybe I should also subscribe at that mod , in order for it to be activated in my computer ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 08, 2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Has anybody got this to work after the update somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Has anybody got this to work after the update somehow?
    What's a good way to tell if it's working?

I still see the dust and stuff.

Yeah it works....make sure graphics settings arnt too low.

I take it the file is always turned on since it's a movie format, would it still have effect if I ordered it in my user.script?
    Last edited by Dardo21; January 06, 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    I still see the dust and stuff.
    Yep, it certainly works fine. I was worried at the time since my PC was down. Update didn't effect it.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Has anyone confirmed it works for them? Just want to make sure the movie pack does not auto switch back to a mod pack type. Remember it must be in movie format. If it is still not working, try opening it up, via Pack file manager, switching it to movie format, save, and change it to read-only. Below are some screen shots.

For anyone that missed this & are still having issues.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567