View Poll Results: Should CAC 0.8 be released on Steam Workshop as well or should it wait until next version. Your opinion is needed?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release upcoming CAC version 0.8 in Steam Workshop

6 66.67%
  • Wait until CAC version 0.9 and then release it in Steam Workshop

3 33.33%

Thread: Time to move to Steam Workshop or not?

Icon5 Time to move to Steam Workshop or not?

Hi

We would like your opinion if it is time for us to release CAC 0.8 in Steam Workshop or it is better to wait until 0.9?

Thank you!
    I and I

Default Re: Time to move to Steam Workshop or not?

moving in steam workshop you'll get for sure a lot more attention, but you'll have to cope with many "not so clever" questions and sometimes bad manners. Anyway I'll continue to play whether it's on steam or here

Quote Originally Posted by Legatus21 View Post
    moving in steam workshop you'll get for sure a lot more attention, but you'll have to cope with many "not so clever" questions and sometimes bad manners. Anyway I'll continue to play whether it's on steam or here
    Thanks for the advice Legatus+Rep

Time spent on admin work and answering questions means less time to mod and complete the mod. After 0.8 we still need to cover three DLC campaigns

As your mod is very very bug-free, i think it would be a good idea to move to steam workshop. Additionally, your mod will get more attention through this. i would do it

Quote Originally Posted by skysyk View Post
    As your mod is very very bug-free, i think it would be a good idea to move to steam workshop. Additionally, your mod will get more attention through this. i would do it
    Thanks for your reply Skysyk and your confidence in CAC

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Hi.

I suppose it first depends about the state of the mod. I have not tested it yet (but I am a fan of Land of the Rising Sun Mod ). Correct me if I am wrong but considering how the version 0.8 is about to be release I believe the mod has not reach a complete version yet. Considering all the "concurrence" on steam it might be better to wait until a complete version is ready as to create the biggest fan base possible. Through I don't know if it would actually be best to release it on steam a bit earlier so by the time the version 1.0 is released, the mod is hopefully already among the most popular.

An other thing to consider is if you want to attract more people to help with the mod. A release on steam might be good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Hi.

I suppose it first depends about the state of the mod. I have not tested it yet (but I am a fan of Land of the Rising Sun Mod ). Correct me if I am wrong but considering how the version 0.8 is about to be release I believe the mod has not reach a complete version yet. Considering all the "concurrence" on steam it might be better to wait until a complete version is ready as to create the biggest fan base possible. Through I don't know if it would actually be best to release it on steam a bit earlier so by the time the version 1.0 is released, the mod is hopefully already among the most popular.

An other thing to consider is if you want to attract more people to help with the mod. A release on steam might be good at that.
    Hi Anna

Thank you for sharing your opinion and your advice on when to release it on Steam It's good to read you liked RSM

Merry Christmas
    iutland

Move to STEAM?...

NAAAH...!

Jokes apart, I actually love to download all mods I like and run ModManager to start my game sessions, so if you could keep also the current release system I'd be really happy...

Thanks for this beautiful work and have a great Christmas Eve