Thread: Faction unique units

duerker von eden's Avatar Tiro

Icon3 Faction unique units

I thought about WW1 for a while and then came up with the idea that a nation can get 1 unit that is Unique that only the faction can make like Gemany gets Big bertha or france gets an elite infantry unit called the foreign Legions or so. i know most factions wont get one due to not really having a special type of weapon that is unique but it could be a good idea.

mramazingfuntime's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Faction unique units

They sort of already do. The Germans have jaegers, the French have zouaves, the British have formidible pal's batallions. Just to name a few.

Yeah, as Mr. Funtime says, all major factions have several unique units, although some are more unique than others (or is there a unique grade of uniqueness? anyways...).

That includes the French foreign legion, but not, I believe, Big Bertha. Most are based off standard units available to every faction, however.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Don't forget the Scottish battalions, only one nation gets scottish battalions.

I know but there mostly Infantry based. Other then the tanks there isn't that much, I would help come up with models and Stats if i could mod/model but iv thought of many types of units due to my boredom after playing TGW and the new MH game and started looking up and draw these things.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by duerker von eden View Post
    I know but there mostly Infantry based. Other then the tanks there isn't that much, I would help come up with models and Stats if i could mod/model but iv thought of many types of units due to my boredom after playing TGW and the new MH game and started looking up and draw these things.
    Thank you for wanting to help, however coming up with lists of units to make is good and all but i already have about 30 models id like to do but dont have time including roughly 10 new tanks. Due to RL time issues i wont have time to make any new major models until the 6 or 7 ive already started but havent had time to finish are completed.

Well, most of the unique units are infantry, cavalry, or tanks, but then, most of our units in general are infantry, cavalry, or tanks. We could go fantasy or punk-Victorian and start adding trolls and robots, but I don't think that's what you have in mind

Feel free to post the unit ideas, though. At the very least you would get feedback, although as B-DizL says, this isn't something the dev team is likely to take on.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Well, most of the unique units are infantry, cavalry, or tanks, but then, most of our units in general are infantry, cavalry, or tanks. We could go fantasy or punk-Victorian and start adding trolls and robots, but I don't think that's what you have in mind

Feel free to post the unit ideas, though. At the very least you would get feedback, although as B-DizL says, this isn't something the dev team is likely to take on.
    As per King Samas suggestion I am transferring all future work to creating steam-punk robot trolls

EDIT: I went through some old stuff and found my planned list of tanks i wanted to do at some point, Ive only managed scratch the surface of this sadly

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by B-DizL; December 18, 2014 at 05:38 PM.

To be honest i might try and find a Modeling program and see if i can try and make some of these tanks and some of my ideas aswell. If i can and it dosnt look like someone threw metal and wires together then i might try and make them for the mod.
    Only if i could animate then the Vehicles would be better. But since im free for a while il try and practice when i do find a program.

Best of luck to you guys.

Patrician

Ok cool, just to let you know ive already completed some work on the MK4 male and female and the French tanks.

The 2 italian tanks would be a good place to start or maybe some of the late era tanks like the Char2C or the T-18.

If i do i will start on the Fiats and the French tanks and maybe the T-18 since there is only German and British made tanks. If you have any Tips on what program to use that could help to since i don't have any idea what would be prefered for this.
    Last edited by duerker von eden; December 19, 2014 at 04:05 PM.

Patrician

Dont do the french tanks, i got them all covered.

Milkshape is rather good, if you do a search you might be able to find some freeware 3d modelling programs.

A friend told me about one called Blender or Bender completly forgot but il see about Milkshape first and thanks. Guess il do the Fiat 2000, 3000 and see what i get there.

If you're a student you should be able to get Autodesk products, like 3dsmax or Maya, for free.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

True The Milkshape seems to be a bit weird for me on how it works but its more simple then Blender 3D. Im just testing on what is easy for me since my mental disability's like to screw around with me and make everything harder then it seems. To be honest im doing this to help out and because most things happen at school and since its winter break im going to be bored as hell so why not use my knowledge of useless stuff and make it something XD also it sounds fun to make Vehicles and maybe other stuff along the way.

Also i think i could try practicing but some or most of the programs iv seen seem to have an animation feature and i might look into that for animating tracks if its possible so it dosnt look like a tank sliding across Europe like a slug.
    Last edited by duerker von eden; December 20, 2014 at 12:52 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by duerker von eden View Post
    True The Milkshape seems to be a bit weird for me on how it works but its more simple then Blender 3D. Im just testing on what is easy for me since my mental disability's like to screw around with me and make everything harder then it seems. To be honest im doing this to help out and because most things happen at school and since its winter break im going to be bored as hell so why not use my knowledge of useless stuff and make it something XD also it sounds fun to make Vehicles and maybe other stuff along the way.

Also i think i could try practicing but some or most of the programs iv seen seem to have an animation feature and i might look into that for animating tracks if its possible so it dosnt look like a tank sliding across Europe like a slug.
    Its not possible to animate treads in the TW games, so we'll have to stick with the slugs

Heres a helpful site for the Fiat 2000 and some 3000 info too.
    http://www.landships.info/landships/tank_articles.html#

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Don't forget the Scottish battalions, only one nation gets scottish battalions.
    Mostly thanks to THK here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10