Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Mac (Install Manually)

Default DarthMod Mac (Install Manually)

Hey ya'll. I'm trying to install DarthMod on my Mac. I have the ability to run the .exe file, but it won't install because it can't find the napoleon.exe file. Basically, I need to extract the contents without "installing". Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks.

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: DarthMod Mac (Install Manually)

Hey tylerhink,

Just create a folder on your desktop, called anything (Napoleon probably makes sense). Create a blank textedit document, and just rename it napoleon.exe and place it in the folder.

Then just direct your wrapper or crossover to install it into here.

After that you will get a ton of files. (Darthmod is huge). We have been trying to figure out how to get Darthmod Empire or Napoleon working over on this forum:

Check in there http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...od-Guide/page8

Let us know if you have any success.

I posted this in Empire Mac Mod thread and realised that I should have put it here,sorry

Install of the DarthMod v2.65 for Mac OS X tutorial.

It is a good idea to backup your Napoleon: Total War Program or you could break your game

1.Download DarthMod_Napoleon_v2.65_Epic_Edition.exe from http://www.moddb.com/mods/darthmod-napoleon/downloads/darthmod-napoleon

2. Make a new folder on your Desktop, name it Napoleon_Total_War.exe it will ask you if you are sure you want add the extension”.exe” click add (you are going to fool DarthMod that Napoleon_Total_War.exe is the actual program)

3. Now you you need a Program to run windows files on your Mac use Wine Wrapper or other program, I used CrossOver for Mac you can find a Demo here https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/

4. Next double click DarthMod_Napoleon_v2.65_Epic_Edition.exe this will force CrossOver/Wine to create a wine bottle
    when asked where to extract it to, point it to the Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder you created in step 2 and Install.

5. Now you should have all the files in your Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder, open the folder and open the Data folder,
    you should see folders named:
    campaign_maps
    campaigns
    DMN
    Open the DMN folder then open the DMN_Packs folder, you don’t need all of them I used:
    DMN_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack
    DMN_aum_nap_mod.pack
    DMN_Brigadiers_Drum_roll_cadence_v5.pack
    DMN_Darth_Effects_Napoleon.pack
    DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack
    DMN_Diamat_Saxon_Units.pack
    DMN_JustDOit_It_Fr_mod.pack
    DMN_maum_nap_lme.pack
    DMN_maum.pack
    DMN_MOD_BATAVIAN.pack
    DMN_MOD_BAVARIAN.pack
    DMN_MOD_DENMARK.pack
    DMN_Mod_NTFlags.pack
    DMN_MOD_OTTOMANS.pack
    DMN_MOD_PORTUGAL.pack
    DMN_MOD_SPAIN.pack
    DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack
    DMN_Projectiles_Trails_ON.pack
    DMN_TEST.pack
    DMN_UltimateSoundMod_V3.pack
    DMN_UPC_napoleon_v3_3.pack
    DMNC_Coalition.pack

A good thing to do is highlight all the above pack files in the Finder then click View from the Finder Menu and open Arrange By then give all the pack files a colour by selecting Tags, this makes it easy to remove the packs if needed

6. Now go to your Applications Folder (where all you apps are) and click your Napoleon: Total War program is, now right click with you mouse button and select and click on Show Package Contents (second item down) now double click Contents/Resources/Data/data:

7. Now place all the packs in step 5 into the data folder.

8. Now place the following folders from the campaigns folder in Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder in the Contents/Resources/Data/data/campaigns:
    DMN_Coalition
    DMN_Egypt
    DMN_Italy
    DMN_Spain

9.Now do the same with campaign_maps folder in Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder in the Contents/Resources/Data/data/campaigns_maps:
    my_egypt
    my_europe
    my_italy
    my_spain

10.Now open you Napoleon: Total War program in the Launcher window click on the Advanced tab and tick Advanced options then place the following in:

mod "DMN_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack"; mod "DMN_aum_nap_mod.pack"; mod "DMN_Brigadiers_Drum_roll_cadence_v5.pack"; mod "DMN_Darth_Effects_Napoleon.pack"; mod "DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack"; campaign_unit_multiplier 2; mod "DMN_Diamat_Saxon_Units.pack"; mod "DMN_JustDOit_It_Fr_mod.pack"; mod "DMN_maum_nap_lme.pack"; mod "DMN_maum.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_BATAVIAN.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_BAVARIAN.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_DENMARK.pack"; mod "DMN_Mod_NTFlags.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_OTTOMANS.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_PORTUGAL.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_SPAIN.pack"; mod "DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack"; mod "DMN_Projectiles_Trails_ON.pack"; mod "DMN_TEST.pack"; mod "DMN_UltimateSoundMod_V3.pack"; mod "DMN_UPC_napoleon_v3_3.pack"; mod "DMNC_Coalition.pack";

11.created a user.script.txt by opening a new TextEdit file and placed this in:
    mod "DMN_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack";
    mod "DMN_aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "DMN_Brigadiers_Drum_roll_cadence_v5.pack";
    mod "DMN_Darth_Effects_Napoleon.pack";
    mod "DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack"; campaign_unit_multiplier 2;
    mod "DMN_Diamat_Saxon_Units.pack";
    mod "DMN_JustDOit_It_Fr_mod.pack";
    mod "DMN_maum_nap_lme.pack";
    mod "DMN_maum.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_BATAVIAN.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_BAVARIAN.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_DENMARK.pack";
    mod "DMN_Mod_NTFlags.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_OTTOMANS.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_PORTUGAL.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_SPAIN.pack";
    mod "DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack";
    mod "DMN_Projectiles_Trails_ON.pack";
    mod "DMN_TEST.pack";
    mod "DMN_UltimateSoundMod_V3.pack";
    mod "DMN_UPC_napoleon_v3_3.pack";
    mod "DMNC_Coalition.pack";
    and save as user.script.txt

12. Now still in the Launcher window click the About Tab and select Open Preferences Folder now open AppData/scripts
    and place your user.script.txt into the scripts folder

Thats it hope it makes sense and works for you.

I could not have made this work without the help of KeinPferd and The Athenian
    Last edited by SWB; December 22, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Omitting DMNC_Coalition.pack is probably preferable.

it takes out italy as a playable faction in the Coalition Campaign but makes Great Britain, Austria, Russia, and Prussia available.

I Follow your instructions and it Works! I've tested with a land custom battle and everything works fine!! I've tested also the italian campaign and european campaign and works perfectly.
    There is some problem with the coalition campaign(there is no nation available in the screen just the map) and when i choose the peninsular campaign the game crash!
    any solutions? anybody have the same problems?
    thanks again for the instructions there are perfectly clear!

Ok i've figured out thanks to other post on mac mod! simply remove the dmg coalition pack and the coalition campaign is back in vanilla mode! the only things i can't resolve is how can make the huge units groups? is there an option? how can double the units size?

may I ask how do I play factions like Bavarian, Wuttemberg, Netherlands...

I can't figure out which pack file gives me the options to play them.

I am trying to do this and i keep getting this no matter what when I try to install it into the desktop folder i created. file:///Users/val/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-27%20at%204.59.42%20PM.png

[IMG]/Users/val/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 4.59.42 PM.png[/IMG]

[IMG]/Users/val/Desktop/photo.jpg[/IMG]

How do i post a photo? Ugh sorry for the spam above

I keep getting the pop up box saying this :

manually browse the installer to target a destination
    path exactly where the “Napoleon total war” folder is.
    For example X:\x\steam\steamapps\common napoleon total war.Hint* The “napoleon total war” folder includes the file “napoleon.exe."

I then click Ok and thats it. It won't install or whatever to the folder.

Quote Originally Posted by americanabroad View Post
    I keep getting the pop up box saying this :

manually browse the installer to target a destination
    path exactly where the “Napoleon total war” folder is.
    For example X:\x\steam\steamapps\common napoleon total war.Hint* The “napoleon total war” folder includes the file “napoleon.exe."

I then click Ok and thats it. It won't install or whatever to the folder.
    I believe you just need to change the name of the dummy folder to "napoleon.exe", not napoleon_total_war.exe, and put that in a folder where you want to "install" the Darthmod files.

I've gotten to step 10, but I can't find the "Launcher window" to get to the advanced settings or add the script. I believe I told Steam years ago to not show the launcher on start-up - anyone know how to get it back, or get around needing it with some alternative to steps 10-12? Thanks!

I completed all steps, however when I launch the game the only playable faction is Italy, and even the campaign for that is largely the vanilla campaign. Does anyone have any ideas?

I could not extract the .exe file, using Crossover, and I tried also Wine, it doesn't recognize the Napoleon_Total_War.exe, I tried other names such as Napoleon.exe etc., no way... I have a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.10. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SWB View Post
    I posted this in Empire Mac Mod thread and realised that I should have put it here,sorry

Install of the DarthMod v2.65 for Mac OS X tutorial.

It is a good idea to backup your Napoleon: Total War Program or you could break your game

1.Download DarthMod_Napoleon_v2.65_Epic_Edition.exe from http://www.moddb.com/mods/darthmod-napoleon/downloads/darthmod-napoleon

2. Make a new folder on your Desktop, name it Napoleon_Total_War.exe it will ask you if you are sure you want add the extension”.exe” click add (you are going to fool DarthMod that Napoleon_Total_War.exe is the actual program)

3. Now you you need a Program to run windows files on your Mac use Wine Wrapper or other program, I used CrossOver for Mac you can find a Demo here https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/

4. Next double click DarthMod_Napoleon_v2.65_Epic_Edition.exe this will force CrossOver/Wine to create a wine bottle
    when asked where to extract it to, point it to the Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder you created in step 2 and Install.

5. Now you should have all the files in your Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder, open the folder and open the Data folder,
    you should see folders named:
    campaign_maps
    campaigns
    DMN
    Open the DMN folder then open the DMN_Packs folder, you don’t need all of them I used:
    DMN_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack
    DMN_aum_nap_mod.pack
    DMN_Brigadiers_Drum_roll_cadence_v5.pack
    DMN_Darth_Effects_Napoleon.pack
    DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack
    DMN_Diamat_Saxon_Units.pack
    DMN_JustDOit_It_Fr_mod.pack
    DMN_maum_nap_lme.pack
    DMN_maum.pack
    DMN_MOD_BATAVIAN.pack
    DMN_MOD_BAVARIAN.pack
    DMN_MOD_DENMARK.pack
    DMN_Mod_NTFlags.pack
    DMN_MOD_OTTOMANS.pack
    DMN_MOD_PORTUGAL.pack
    DMN_MOD_SPAIN.pack
    DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack
    DMN_Projectiles_Trails_ON.pack
    DMN_TEST.pack
    DMN_UltimateSoundMod_V3.pack
    DMN_UPC_napoleon_v3_3.pack
    DMNC_Coalition.pack

A good thing to do is highlight all the above pack files in the Finder then click View from the Finder Menu and open Arrange By then give all the pack files a colour by selecting Tags, this makes it easy to remove the packs if needed

6. Now go to your Applications Folder (where all you apps are) and click your Napoleon: Total War program is, now right click with you mouse button and select and click on Show Package Contents (second item down) now double click Contents/Resources/Data/data:

7. Now place all the packs in step 5 into the data folder.

8. Now place the following folders from the campaigns folder in Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder in the Contents/Resources/Data/data/campaigns:
    DMN_Coalition
    DMN_Egypt
    DMN_Italy
    DMN_Spain

9.Now do the same with campaign_maps folder in Napoleon_Total_War.exe folder in the Contents/Resources/Data/data/campaigns_maps:
    my_egypt
    my_europe
    my_italy
    my_spain

10.Now open you Napoleon: Total War program in the Launcher window click on the Advanced tab and tick Advanced options then place the following in:

mod "DMN_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack"; mod "DMN_aum_nap_mod.pack"; mod "DMN_Brigadiers_Drum_roll_cadence_v5.pack"; mod "DMN_Darth_Effects_Napoleon.pack"; mod "DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack"; campaign_unit_multiplier 2; mod "DMN_Diamat_Saxon_Units.pack"; mod "DMN_JustDOit_It_Fr_mod.pack"; mod "DMN_maum_nap_lme.pack"; mod "DMN_maum.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_BATAVIAN.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_BAVARIAN.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_DENMARK.pack"; mod "DMN_Mod_NTFlags.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_OTTOMANS.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_PORTUGAL.pack"; mod "DMN_MOD_SPAIN.pack"; mod "DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack"; mod "DMN_Projectiles_Trails_ON.pack"; mod "DMN_TEST.pack"; mod "DMN_UltimateSoundMod_V3.pack"; mod "DMN_UPC_napoleon_v3_3.pack"; mod "DMNC_Coalition.pack";

11.created a user.script.txt by opening a new TextEdit file and placed this in:
    mod "DMN_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack";
    mod "DMN_aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "DMN_Brigadiers_Drum_roll_cadence_v5.pack";
    mod "DMN_Darth_Effects_Napoleon.pack";
    mod "DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack"; campaign_unit_multiplier 2;
    mod "DMN_Diamat_Saxon_Units.pack";
    mod "DMN_JustDOit_It_Fr_mod.pack";
    mod "DMN_maum_nap_lme.pack";
    mod "DMN_maum.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_BATAVIAN.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_BAVARIAN.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_DENMARK.pack";
    mod "DMN_Mod_NTFlags.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_OTTOMANS.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_PORTUGAL.pack";
    mod "DMN_MOD_SPAIN.pack";
    mod "DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack";
    mod "DMN_Projectiles_Trails_ON.pack";
    mod "DMN_TEST.pack";
    mod "DMN_UltimateSoundMod_V3.pack";
    mod "DMN_UPC_napoleon_v3_3.pack";
    mod "DMNC_Coalition.pack";
    and save as user.script.txt

12. Now still in the Launcher window click the About Tab and select Open Preferences Folder now open AppData/scripts
    and place your user.script.txt into the scripts folder

Thats it hope it makes sense and works for you.

I could not have made this work without the help of KeinPferd and The Athenian

New the the forum and to modding so pardon me if I screw up quoting the above instructions or any terminology. I followed the steps above with the following modification: I used a text edit file in the desktop file to successfully complete the 'fake install.' I now have encountered the following problem: the "DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack manual install" file does not copy over to the data file. I get a message saying parts of the file cannot be read/copied (error ~36 i think). How vital is that file to (does it do something really cool like give me more units)? And how can I solve this problem?

I would suggest re-downloading darthmod.

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to follow this guide but have unfortunately run across a problem. I can get as far as step six, but there I am able to find the directories mentioned in the guide. There was no way to "show package contents" for the game in my application folder, as (at least my guess is) while I have the Steam version, the file there is only a shortcut. I instead navigated to /Users/sklunstu/Library/Application Support/Steam and there searched for the Contents/Resources/Data/data folder structure in both the game folder and by clicking on "show package contents" in the Napoleon launcher file but was unable to find it anywhere.

In the Steam Folder there is a "Data" folder, which contains within it separate "campaigns" and "campaign_maps" folders. When looking at "show package contents" of the launcher file, the file structure goes "contents/resources/" but there is no seperate "Data" folder, or subsequent "data" folder.

Thanks and any help would be appreciated, dying to play the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by -=006=- View Post
    I believe you just need to change the name of the dummy folder to "napoleon.exe", not napoleon_total_war.exe, and put that in a folder where you want to "install" the Darthmod files.

I've gotten to step 10, but I can't find the "Launcher window" to get to the advanced settings or add the script. I believe I told Steam years ago to not show the launcher on start-up - anyone know how to get it back, or get around needing it with some alternative to steps 10-12? Thanks!
    I've tried changing the name of the dummy folder to several different things (Napoleon.exe, Napoleon Total War.exe, etc.) and nothing seems to work. I've event tried different wine bottle apps (Crossover, WineBottler, Winery) and none of those seem to work. Whenever the Darthmod installer comes up and I manually browse to the dummy folder it always says "Manually browse....". I don't know what to do, so can anyone help?

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro on the latest software (El Capitan 10.11.2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

hey new to this thread, I have tried to get this to work, followed all the steps above, but the game just quits when I hit play, no CTD, just app closes itself witch is odd. it doesn't even say that the game quit unexpectedly
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast