Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: - X-mas Faction Reveals -

Default Re: - X-mas Faction Reveals -

Ok, thanks. And playing with romans we will can build several types of pagan temples (Mithra, Mars, Bacus, Jupiter,..) as in the SAI? So we could try to resurrect the old pagan cults.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Ok, thanks. And playing with romans we will can build several types of pagan temples (Mithra, Mars, Bacus, Jupiter,..) as in the SAI? So we could try to resurrect the old pagan cults.
    There won't be as many temples as in SAI, but there will be a few different types of temples, besides churches. Trying to bring back the old religion will be very, very hard. I think one should see it as if they've reached the point of no return as far as the old traditional religion goes.

I've updated the opening post with faction # 14.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I think one should see it as if they've reached the point of no return as far as the old traditional religion goes.
    That is how it should be in the fifth century in my opinion, I know that traditional religions were still widelly spread and among common folk they live long after the fal of Western Empire but I think it would be really hard in this time to take the step back and try to restore the traditional belief as a state religion.

Frankish symbol looks really nice, well it something different that I have expected but it looks very good and apropriate to the period

Libertus

Indeed the Frankish faction symbol comes out as a little surprise for me, too. But in fact it is the Irminsul, the great pillar which connected heaven and earth in the old germanic traditional religion (commonly labelled, as you know, "germanic paganism"). Irminsul is especially known in the traditions of the Saxon people - the destruction of the great Irminsul, kind of a "seat" of the saxon religious life, by Charlemagne in 772, is one of the most well-known events of that... Frankish (but by then, christian) king's campaigns against the Saxons. I guess that using this symbol for the still pagan Franks of IBFD shows the common heritage they shared with the other germanic peoples at that time.

The opening post have been updated with faction # 15.

Libertus

I'd almost forgot the Imperium of Constantine III! Beautiful faction symbols you made. Can't wait to see how they look ingame. My bet for tomorrow: the Huns. And for Christmas day (guessing it won't be the "great preview" just yet): the Eastern Roman Empire.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Well just stumbled over the post and must say it is exciting to see the reveals all in one go - the Armenian post you did was great, Joar!

Beautiful!

Thanks.

I've updated the opening post with faction # 16.

... and Merry Christmas, everyone!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Merry christmas

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Merry Christmas to you too Joar & Team and to everyone,
    and forgive me please if I add a nice painting by Carl Larsson, 'Julaftonen' (Christmas Eve), a 1904–05 watercolor,
    but I like to think you there, in that painting, my dear Old Norse!

Merry christmas everyone
    Vandals stuff looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    and forgive me please if I add a nice painting by Carl Larsson, 'Julaftonen' (Christmas Eve), a 1904–05 watercolor,
    but I like to think you there, in that painting, my dear Old Norse!
    Yes, that's exactly how it looks when we celebrate Christmas!

I've updated the opening post with faction # 17.

Great work with the Langobards.
    It reminds me the famous and mysterious seal of Aufret.

Just as a side note: as symbols they used also the holy snake; a dove, put on a high pole turned towards North-North_East and set in the place were they buried their dead; the most beloved angel was Michael, but even eagles, horses and the 'spear' had their place in the symbolic imaginary of the Gens Langobardorum.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Just as a side note: as symbols they used also the holy snake; a dove, put on a high pole turned towards North-North_East and set in the place were they buried their dead; the most beloved angel was Michael, but even eagles, horses and the 'spear' had their place in the symbolic imaginary of the Gens Langobardorum.
    I knew about the spear, and it is featured on their "ally banner".

I've updated the opening post with faction # 18.

Congratulations Joar!!! So, the remaining factions are ERE and the Huns ? I was expecting that the Romano-British would be in, as strong rebels or as an off-shoot of the WRE. And could I make the bad question? Will it be ready before Attila Total War? In fact I am expecting Ruina Romae way more than Attila...

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    I was expecting that the Romano-British would be in, as strong rebels or as an off-shoot of the WRE.
    The Romano-British will be represented, partly as rebels, and partly as part of the realm of Contantine III.

And could I make the bad question? Will it be ready before Attila Total War?
    That depends, when will ATW be released?

And I've updated the opening post with faction # 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    That depends, when will ATW be released?
    It's planned to be released on February 17. The funny thing is that they put the release date in their first announcement of Attila, in September, but they regretted it, so they took it down. Then, in Novemeber, a CA man said: "So, we are planning to visually improve our foum, with the release of Attila in February." Forums went crazy, of course, but he later edited his posts, saying that visual improvements were meant to happen on February, not Attila... A couple of weeks later, Attila is announced to be released on February 17 .

In Italy we say: 'Il 17 porta sfiga!'

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast