Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Culture Identity Unitpacks. Main thread and discussions.

Default Culture Identity Unitpacks. Main thread and discussions.

Hi and welcome!

I am pleased to present to you our new subforum!
    Culture Identity - is complete reskin for all unit rosters depending to the faction history, culture and ethnic aspects. The main goal is to make every faction have unique and historically accurate look, tactics and battle style.

We are working at separate parts of the mod and going to make united version asap.

This thread is a place for main discussions suggestions etc.

We hope, you'll like it!

Best regards!
    Last edited by Avetis; December 07, 2014 at 02:29 AM.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Culture Identity Unitpacks. Main thread and discussions.

Congrats on the subforum! Really looking forward to seeing what you guys will produce in the future

From the first 3 releases I can tell that this is going to be a must mode for every faction!!! Congrats guys

Congrats, while I think there could be some changes IMO this has good potential.

Thank's mates!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerman View Post
    Congrats, while I think there could be some changes IMO this has good potential.
    It's hard to do something perfect, cause we are not doing roster overhauls, just some reskin with a very few new units
    Atm our main goal is visual changes. Maybe we could make more detailed DB overhaul later if we'll get someone who can help us with it
    Last edited by Avetis; December 07, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

This is probably an annoying question you get a lot, but apart from the few new units, will these reskins work with other mods? I really love the idea of making units look different for each faction, even if they are the same unit.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    apart from the few new units, will these reskins work with other mods?
    should be compatible with most of mods for sure

Avetis, I came across a rather interesting find for the Himyarites (more our Constantine period & Attila period, but we could infer some earlier use). It explicitly depicts a scale armored cavalryman with shield and spear as well as an infantryman with axe and buckler from around 4th-5th century Himyarite Yemen

http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/p...Arabia2007.pdf if it doesn't work download the PDF: http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/propylaeumdok/112/

Page 14 in the PDF or the "Planches". The infantryman with the cavalryman is more difficult to tell - I think he's a bare headed and clothing clad axeman, the author seems to think he has a mail shirt. Then there's the usual Sabaean archer relief with a spear, and the last page has what is either a scale armored infantryman with a spear or a scale armored cavalryman (again) with a spear.

Coupled with David Nicolle's references to Yemen in late Pre-Islamic Arabia and early Islamic Arabia being famous for leather armor we can definitely assume for the use of rawhide/leather scale (as well as presumably bronze and iron).

Thanks for info, Ahiga.
    Ancient Arabia is pretty inert, I think this kind of armour can have wide timeframe to use

0.4 version will cover all Asia, except Galatia, and also European part of the Great Steppe.

Release date 28.12
    Last edited by Avetis; December 26, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

Hello CIU team. Great looking units. I love the diversity. I noticed that this team is also involved in the Vae Victis overhaul. I am curious if the releases of this mod coincide with VV? Are they included at all? Thanks for any info, looking forward to future updates. downloading now!

Hey! Thank you!

You will definitely see all this models and textures at VV, but there will be much more units then at CIU.
    CIU is mostly just a reskin, but VV is total overhaul.

Thanks for the quick reply Avetis! Just to clarify: I do NOT need to download your CIU (current 0.4) mod or your armoured horses mod if I download VV? Thanks again!

Nope, VV does not have so much units overhauled at the time.
    For now it's almost nothing similar with CIU and VV

Thanks Avetis! Understood!

Hello guys I'm really excited with your new update!!! I experience some problems with some textures, I really can't tell why...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Those 2 particular armor textures have really bad resolution whereas all other textures appear fine...
    Anyway, thanks for this mod guys and I wish you a happy new year!!!
    P.S. Unit Detail and Texture quality are set on the highest possible values
    Last edited by Avetis; January 04, 2015 at 07:01 AM.

I see, will fix it at next update, thank you!

Sorry guys, there will be some delay with my part of CIU because of some hard times here in Donetsk. I'm OK, don't worry about me.

Cheers!

Ey Avetis...im happy you comeback.

Glad to hear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast