Thread: How do you recruit higher tier units?

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Default How do you recruit higher tier units?

Hey guys, first off loving this mod so far!

Been playing Sun Clan for a few days now, I've conquered the east of the Southland, but I noticed something. I fought quite a few battles against the Jingnan, and I recently realized that their troops are higher tier than my own, having heavy swordsmen and archers and cavalry. I went through my towns/cities, and no matter how large they were they could not recruit Heavy Swordsmen, or any higher tier troops. So far I am still stuck with the base spearmen, swordsmen, archers, crossbowmen and cavalry. So, how do I recruit higher tier units?

Thanks

Tigellinus

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Default Re: How do you recruit higher tier units?

You have to grow your cities populations up to benchmarks, like 5k citizens, 10k, or whatever it is. At each level, you can upgrade your barracks, cavalry, and archery buildings to the next level (assuming you built them up with the previous building). Infantry camp can be upgraded to something I forget, but eventually you upgrade it to Huge Barracks and you can recruit top units. Heavy versions are mid-tier. If you click on a city, then click the round button at the bottom of the city page that says "building browser", you can then right click on buildings to bring up their info page and see what they produce. This way you can decide what order you want to upgrade buildings to get whatever unit you have your eye on.

I recommend you take your three biggest cities, and decide to make one the infantry city, one the cavalry city, and one the archery city. By specializing this way, you can get your best units faster rather than having each city produce everything.

You will need to upgrade the blacksmith/armories, clan buildings, decree offices and such as well. They are required sometimes (in combination with city population level) to upgrade to the next level recruitment buildings.

I tho heavy is the highest for base units, only regional capital allow training of imperial troops. as from as having a specialized city I dont think it really matters since the recruit number is alway the same. majority of the time it is because u have bad officers in the city that population doesnt grow or decreases.

As Liu Clan after Heavy soldiers you get Feathered soldiers.

only in main capital, not regular settlement, so there part of the imperial guard same with special units

No, I recruit imperial units from any of my cities where I have built an imperial palace, and feathered units from any of my cities where I have built the huge barracks/stables/ranges etc for the feathered units. Neither of which is my capital.