Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hegemony - Greco-Persian Wars BETA V0.91

Icon10 Hegemony - Greco-Persian Wars BETA V0.91

Set in 480 B.C, the overhaul introduces the Greco-Persian War time frame, before the first Peloponnese war that Wrath of Sparta DLC is set on. Players will be able to play several Greek factions, including Macedon and able to play as Persia.

War, the sole purpose for many famous and mythical Greek City-States and tribes in Hellas; to show their love to the Gods, honor to their men, Strength and Glory to their rivals. On the eve of its golden age, Greece was in peril. Xerxes, king of kings and ruler of the Persian Empire, which stretched from the Indus River to the shores of the Mediterranean Sea, and from the Caucasus to the Indian Ocean, had turned his attention toward the Greek city-Sates, especially Athens intervention aid to Ionians in Asia Minor, whom dared to resist his will.
    Originally, Xerxes was not bent on war with Greece. He crushed a revolt in Egypt and called together a council of war to determine whether he should undertake an expedition against Athens.

'As you saw Darius himself was making preparations for war against these men; but death prevented him from carrying out his purpose,' Xerxes concluded;

'I therefore on his behalf, and for the benefit of all my subjects, will not rest until I have taken Athens and burnt it to the ground, in revenge for the injury which the Athenians without provocation once did to me and my father….If we crush the Athenians and their neighbors in the Peloponnese, we shall so extend the empire of Persia that its boundaries will be God's own sky.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction of the Mod History setup:

- The Greco-Persian War (500 B.C.- 448 B.C.) was a series of battles fought between the Greek city-states and the Persian Empire. The Persian Empire was much larger than the small Greek city-states and tried to conquer them several times during the decades of the Greco-Persian War. The Persians waged three major battles against the Greeks at Marathon, Thermopylae and Salamis, but ultimately failed to conquer them.
    -This will introduce to the players both the Greek city-State conflict of dominance between each other, both for cultural and military matters. Along with the Threat of the Persian invasion, giving a chaotic and dark feeling to the gameplay. (Think of Mongolian invasion through Medieval 2 while you had struggle on fighting other factions at the same time.)

Annexation of Ionia
    In 545 B.C. the Achaemenid Empire in Persia conquered Ionia, a group of Greek cities off the coast of Asia Minor. These were self-governing states that had been operating in the area for centuries. Aristagoras, the ruler of the Ionian city Miletus, was unable to get military support from Athens or the other Greek city-states to fight against the powerful Persian army.

Ionian Rebellion
    The Ionian people began to rebel against their Persian conquerors in 499 B.C. after Darius I came to power in Persia. The Ionian leader Aristagoras was unable to secure support for the rebellion from King Cleomenes in Sparta, but convinced the Athenians to support him against the Persians. Persian troops defeated the Athenians and Ionians at Ephesus in 498 B.C.

Battle of Marathon
    The Battle of Marathon was fought in 490 B.C. when Persian forces invaded the harbor of Marathon with more than 20,000 foot soldiers and 600 ships. Although they were vastly outnumbered, Athenian troops proved victorious in the Battle of Marathon, with only 192 deaths compared to 6,000 deaths on the Persian side.

Battle of Thermopylae 481-480.BC (CAMPAIGN TIME FRAME STARTS HERE)
    King Leonidas of Sparta led an alliance of Greek city-states to hold a narrow mountain passage called Thermopylae against the massive Persian military in the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C. The Spartan king had an army of 7,100 men to fight an estimated 200,000 (Although for the sake of Rome II engine, this will have to be reduced) Persian troops. Leonidas' small army was able to use the mountain terrain to form a defensive fighting position, forcing the Persian troops into a frontal assault. This defensive position helped the Spartans hold off the Persian forces for three days, enabling the other Greek troops to survive and regroup. (Giving the AI the ability to finish their Unit recruitment of 3-4 turns.).

The goal here, is to make it impossible to hold them off. They will march through the Thespians lands and sack Athens. It is up to the player and the AI to push them back, liberate Athens and few city Greeks if necessary. It is up to the Player, if playing as Sparta; to march up north and handle the expedition. Bring their allies to war as well. However, doing so will be difficult, as many Greek city-states will be blocking your way, most aren't part of the War and wishes not to, hence Military access to their lands may create a conflict along the way.

Battle of Salamis
    The Battle of Salamis was the decisive battle fought in September of 480 B.C. that allowed Greek civilization to persist without being taken over by the Persian Empire. More than 200 Persian ships were sunk in this battle, including one by the Persian Artemis, who switched to the Greek side when he thought defeat was inevitable. Players will have to use historical tactical situations in order to survive, for example; Athenian players will have difficult to handle both, domestic geo-political and military expedition in early turns. Use the map in your advantage to win certain battles! you OWN Aegean Sea, do not lose it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playable Greek City-States:
    -Lacedaemon (Sparta)
    -Athens
    -Achaea
    -Aitolia
    -Argos
    -Thebes
    -Kingdom of Makedon
    -Epeiros
    -Knossos
    -Eubis
    -Korinthos
    -Thessalia

Other Playable Factions:
    -Achaemenid Empire (Persian Empire)

Non-Playable Greek City-States:
    -Arkadia
    -Elis
    -Kalkens
    -Anaktoria
    -Delphi
    -Phocia
    -Olympis
    -Kephallenis
    -Zakynis
    -Karystia
    -Akarnanis
    -Paupactis

As you can see, Greece will be heavily tied up with Greek City-States, enabling a more in-depth and immerse experience.

More to come...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod will include the following changes:

- The overhaul mod introduces a whole new campaign timeframe to Wrath of Sparta DLC Campaign (Completed)
    - New units, rosters and overhauls of existing factions (In development)
    - New Soundtrack OST by Jeff Van Dyck (Spartan: Total Warrior OST, 2005) (In development)
    - New UI, Map art and other form of changes. (Completed)
    - Better AI behavior (Completed)
    - Harder Gameplay (Completed)
    - Tweaked battle unit and skill behavior, Ex.: Better Hoplite Animation, formation and behavior mechanism. (In development)
    - New faction Icons (Completed)
    - Greek League formation (Confederation) (Dorians > Peloponnese League etc) (In development)
    and More.

More information will be provided...

Coming Soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...earchtext=Wish lists are welcome

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM COMPOSITION:

- Idreaus
    - JJpower24
    - Pac-man3209

We are currently recruiting. Everyone is welcome, despite the role position posted above. Please PST me via Private if you interested!
    Last edited by Idreaus; February 16, 2015 at 01:48 PM.

Metalde's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Total War: Glory Of Sparta 480 B.C

Sparta is calling us
    Victorious with my shield
    Or dead upon it !

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Knew someone was doing this, good luck. I guess this leaves only Philip II left for doing.

^^^^Play hegemony. a great philip II of macedon campaign

Quote Originally Posted by bright slap View Post
    ^^^^Play hegemony. a great philip II of macedon campaign

Phillip would of still been a glint in the goat herders eye in this timeframe

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Will be using this mod 100%!

Map Preview released :3

Looks good!

ANTIGONOS7's Avatar Libertus

It would be a great mod!
    +REP

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

This looks interesting
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What factions will be playable? All? Obviously WoS' four main factions as well as Makedon and Persia will be. I'd like at least one of the Cretan city-states, preferably Knossos, to be playable. Knossos is my second favorite faction in the GC and I want to rebuild the empire of King Minos!

And maybe make factions like Rhodos, Byzantion, Thrake, and the Ionian city states into playable Persian satrapies instead of giving those regions to Persia? I'd love to be able to play as one of them and rise up against Persian rule. The more factions, the better.

So can I just say that the moment I saw that CA was releasing Wrath of Sparta I became super excited.
    Why?

Because I knew that the day of, someone would annouce a Greco-Persian Wars mod.

Hats off to you modders. You sure know how to show a Shadowscar a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    What factions will be playable? All? Obviously WoS' four main factions as well as Makedon and Persia will be. I'd like at least one of the Cretan city-states, preferably Knossos, to be playable. Knossos is my second favorite faction in the GC and I want to rebuild the empire of King Minos!

And maybe make factions like Rhodos, Byzantion, Thrake, and the Ionian city states into playable Persian satrapies instead of giving those regions to Persia? I'd love to be able to play as one of them and rise up against Persian rule. The more factions, the better.

Currently, depending on the Ai behavior ( I need to make a lot of testing before releasing a faction to be playable, and i'll need more members on my team to make unit rosters etc.)

The release of the mod will consist of 8 playable factions for now (Will release one faction at a time with unique rosters etc; quality work i guess. Don't want to copy-paste em)

1. Sparta
    2. Makedon
    3. Persia
    4. Athens
    5. Knossos
    6. Thebes
    7. Korinthos
    8. Epirus or Akadien (Arcadien)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shadowscar View Post
    So can I just say that the moment I saw that CA was releasing Wrath of Sparta I became super excited.
    Why?

Because I knew that the day of, someone would annouce a Greco-Persian Wars mod.

Hats off to you modders. You sure know how to show a Shadowscar a good time!

The first thing i did was to check if they implemented Thermopylae land on the campaign...and nope.

This means i'll have to go back a year or 2 before Sparta joining War against Persia with Athens and other Greek city-States.

I will need modders to be part of the team in order to speed-up the progress of the mod

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Question will Thebes have access to Thespians? I know that the Thebeans kind of looted Thespeae and kind of expelled them to Athens, but their hoplites are just so darn cool and unique. It would be nice to have some unique looking hoplite without the traditional Argive everybody else is using...

Default Re: Hegemony - Greco-Persian Wars 480 B.C [UPDATED]

Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

Well at this period of time, Thrake and Byzantion were fully implemented to their Empire, so technically they won't be there. (Unit recruiting wise, will be available via Persia). But yes, Knossos will be playable, matter of fact, they are the only Neutral faction in the whole campaign, so you will be able to choose which side you wish to be with.

Hey Idearus,
    this mod looks very promising i would like to help you i you need help.
    I could help you making some units with PFM and assemblykit tweak

Sounds good

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast