Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rally Point 23 - Wrath of Sparta Announcement!

Default Re: Rally Point 23 - Wrath of Sparta Announcement!

Spartan DLC looks great. First Rome 2 DLC I'm genuinely excited by.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by 14182 View Post
    I don't know but it feels like a charged beta testing for Attila
    It's just my feeling, hope no one feels offended
    Im not offended but how does that make any sense. Its more like the other Rome 2 campaigns we have already played.

One month per turn, Persian Immortals....

what we need in those naval city invasions is to set ships loose once they unload troops so that others can land troops
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Questions are there a new slave mechanic in Wrath of Sparta?

Will there be Helots and slave uprising in the DLC?

Can i make Athenians and other faction as my new Helots slaves faction?? It will be totally cool helots faction are in the game.

Is the imperium mechanic different with each faction? Like spartans have two kings and different army limit like Spartan can only field limited army but other faction can field more army unit?

How's the building and technology in the game? Does slaves affects food production and agriculture for Sparta? Seriously Spartans are not farmers but professional soldier. Also Spartans are quite dependent with their slaves.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

A DLC about the Peloponnesian war...with broken phalanx mechanics. This should be interesting.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Looks cool. Loving that transports will no longer be able to ram. Hopefully we will see more naval improvements, notably that the AI no longer prefers naval invasions over going through land and no longer tries to break blockades by loading their defending army on transports and attacking fleets.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Since I've been asking for this off and on over the years I am happy about this -- just when I'd given up almost all hope. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I beg you -- really truly put some effort into this. I don't have to tell you every thing that happened in this war is EXTREMELY well documented.

Cheers!

Senator

Won't buy it but but it looks promising,a bit.

I take back all the bad things I have said about CA over the past year. All is forgiven! I love you again CA. <Tears of Joy>
    I hope that was sarcasm if not...well....
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

'This almost looks like it would be great, but obviously the siege AI is still broken.

Tell me, what's the point of building two walls, but failing to put a gatehouse in the outer section? As a result why would anyone place soldiers on the outer wall? Also why the hell would anyone ever even bother trying to attack that part of the wall when they could just move to the side of the city and attack the normal gatehouse? Why is there farmland inside the city?

The obvious answer is CA still can't make it possible for their siege AI to defeat two walls, so they just provide aesthetic gimmicks. I suppose the reason there is farmland inside is to give the AI a chance to get off the walls without lagging really bad due to poor path finding.

Some of the building models looks nice however, and I'm glad that there are finally coastal walls even if they look small enough for an average teenager to vault over.'

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

So since the new DLC takes place in greece, could we have, well... a version in greek?

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    'This almost looks like it would be great, but obviously the siege AI is still broken.

Tell me, what's the point of building two walls, but failing to put a gatehouse in the outer section? As a result why would anyone place soldiers on the outer wall? Also why the hell would anyone ever even bother trying to attack that part of the wall when they could just move to the side of the city and attack the normal gatehouse? Why is there farmland inside the city?
    I think it´s a question of what the TW engine can simulate. Yes, it would make sense to have the gate at the outer wall as illustrated here
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

but since troops still try to stay in "rectangles" as much as possible and can´t spread out like say in Company of heroes, the pathfinding would be a nightmare. In addition take a look again at the wall from the game itself. Yes troops from outside can enter the second wall, however this entrance is very small. You can see, that if you place a good infantry unit there and missiles troops on the wall above, any enemy unit trying to force it´s way through there will be massacred.

On the lonely gate. Yes it is a weakspot, but it is only one. It´s also next to the sea, meaning your troops left flank would be exposed to missile attacks from the sea.Also if the city is well defended, you´d probably loose a lot of men trying to force your way through this bottleneck.

On the fields inside the city. Constantinople had indeed much of it´s agriculture inside the city walls! The more important question here is will that have an effect on the campaign map, meaning if you siege Constantinople you loose units due to attrition, but any unit inside the city remains fine, at least for the first couple of turns.
    Last edited by Akhenaton; December 04, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

CA guys please.. Just please fix the hoplite phalanx animations!!
    Pelloponisian war is full of phalanx battles
    Last edited by M@x1mus; December 04, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Holy , now I will have to buy Rome 2 just for this.

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

It really looks very good to be honest.

But I must say that some things sound rather disapointing and that some thing honestly annoy me.

Wouldnt it have been better to completly scrap the greek city states culture pack DLC and instead make that content part of this DLC???

I would have also liked the option to play as Macedon or Epirus, make Epirus your vasal as Philip the sceond and continue your conquest of Greece. Or prevent Macedon expantion as Epirus.

But I am sure some dedicated modders might look into this.

The Persians... well... One thing I am really looking forward to in Attila are the non-playable Huns.

A constant uncontrolable threat that isnt really predictable because you cant examine it yourself.

If a similar mechanic might be put to the test with the Persians in this campain I will be looking forward to it.

But if it`s merely 5 scripted Persian armies turning up out of nowhere at a certain progression point, I will be very disapointed.

Plus, eventhough it has been mentioned countless times, the positions and number of provinces in Greece on the main campain map is attrocious.

So playing this campain, no matter how much I enjoy it, will consistantly remind me of how attrocious Greece is in the main campain.

Will it include any sort of content for the grand campaign?

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Will it include any sort of content for the grand campaign?
    Maybe a few units.

But this campain is in a completly different time period, so i wouldnt coun on it.

Or do you want to have units in your armies that have been outdated for over 200 years?

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

​I'll probably be buying this on release

The Peloponnesian War!

Hope CA delivers.
    ...ὣς οἵ γ᾽ ἀμφίεπον τάφον Ἕκτορος ἱπποδάμοιο.

This actually looks pretty cool, especially as it's something I know a lot of people were asking for a while back. Looks like CA listened!

The only gripe I have, from looking at the campaign map, is that Sicily doesn't seem to be there. I realise it'd be a bit of an odd one out to have there (since you'd need Carthage as a rival for them, colonies in southern Italy etc) but I can't help but feel it's something that should be included, if only because it was basically where Athens lost the war.

Still, looks pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post

Sorry (ex)fellow skeptics, I am off to pre-order Attila

Not sure if srs. You'd pre-order a game based on the announcement of Rome 2 DLC / seeing a battle map from Attila?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

So is 'The Persian Threat' going to operate like the Mongol or Timurid Invasions in M2TW by events, or is it going to be linked to imperium and how large you get?