Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

CA Developer Icon Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

Hey all,

Our new cinematic trailer for Total War: ATTILA is all about WAR. As Attila stirs up fear and chaos to the North, the Sassanid Empire see opportunity in distraction…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrXJSDCQ6Y

“And behold a red horse: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth…”

The game itself will contain a number of new features around army management and waging war to bring further depth to this key aspect of the Total War experience. Most notably, as the player you will have to consider the very real risks of keeping your armies in line against mounting losses, disloyal generals and fragmented food supplies.

A rogue commander can entice other wavering characters to mutiny, one of the triggers at play in the rich, new civil war system. Dark times call for dark measures, and amongst a variety of tactics players can employ to reduce the risk of such division, the brutal Roman practice of 'Decimation' (the systematic slaughtering of a tenth of an army) will restore temporary order at a high price.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

Yes! I like it, can we see some of the 3d armor?

and what is the word on modding on Attila?

and more streams :3

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Nice Trailer. And one of my favorite factions.
    The graphics in all honesty arent the best but I really dont care as long as the gameplay is good.
    So we are getting two more of these Horsemen of the apocolypse I assume? If so I predict
    The White horse= East Roman Empire
    The Red horse= Sassanid Persian Empire
    The Black Horse= West Roman Empire
    The Pale Horse/Death = Attila (confirming Attila as a faction perhaps?)

Amazing trailer! Can't waite to start my alpha-tester job in february.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Nice Trailer. And one of my favorite factions.
    The graphics in all honesty arent the best but I really dont care as long as the gameplay is good.
    So we are getting two more of these Horsemen of the apocolypse I assume? If so I predict
    The White horse= East Roman Empire
    The Red horse= Sassanid Persian Empire
    The Black Horse= West Roman Empire
    The Pale Horse/Death = Attila (confirming Attila as a faction perhaps?)
    Hmm what about the hordes? But yeah it sounds about right.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Laetus

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse metaphor? the trailer is really nice and does the job of getting the viewer excited but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I see that anti-aliasing is still not implemented, just look at those jaggies in the intro shot when the camera pans over the desert.
    Edit: And the lighting seems to be glitching a lot, look at the statue's spear and the windows of the castle.

Great trailer but CA...for the love of God..Please implement unit collision mechanics like in RTW and M2TW
    Edit: I've also noticed the lack/non existent AA in the desert...

Pretty cool preview. I'm glad to see the Sassanids are being given very extensive treatment compared to what they got back in BI. The glimpse of the Huns seems pretty spot on (I've heard of references to Hunnic infantry 'leaning on mantles/tall shields' in the 5th and 6th century), there's a few odd things with the Sassanians (the 'bellydancer' mail veil, the somewhat too uniform appearance of a number of units) but the mail looks good, the lamellar has a wonderful sheen to it, the helmets look great too.

Above all I'm really glad they aren't going with the anachronistic and utterly unfounded topos of "Sassanids have nothing but trash levy infantry". Though I know I'll see those darned Soghdian Infantry I can never find any evidence for!

I'm sure there's some things I'd differ with CA on when it comes to interpretation or style with the Sassies, but most of what I saw has a reasonable foundation and fits with what their own stylized vision of the Sassies is.

Can't wait.
    Last edited by Ahiga; December 02, 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Anyone else reminded of the intro video to Parthia in the original Rome: Total War right at the beginning of the Red Horse trailer?

"The desert is ours...it is my home...invaders come here but they do not leave."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Doe3000; December 02, 2014 at 11:55 AM.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

@2:00 min mark

The blob attacks yet again...
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post

The game itself will contain a number of new features around army management and waging war to bring further depth to this key aspect of the Total War experience. Most notably, as the player you will have to consider the very real risks of keeping your armies in line against mounting losses, disloyal generals and fragmented food supplies.

A rogue commander can entice other wavering characters to mutiny, one of the triggers at play in the rich, new civil war system. Dark times call for dark measures, and amongst a variety of tactics players can employ to reduce the risk of such division, the brutal Roman practice of 'Decimation' (the systematic slaughtering of a tenth of an army) will restore temporary order at a high price.
    Would love to hear more in depth about this as it sounds really promising. If it is implemented well it seems to be a great leap forward in terms of immersion and replayability!

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    @2:00 min mark

The blob attacks yet again...
    Yeah.. the more I see these trailers the more they seem to be worse at hiding the terrible blobbing. I mean when the trailers, the things that can be modded to look better then they usually will in the actual game are still showing these problems it really says how bad it is. I already noticed it in the viking trailer but was more concerned with the other problems it had but now I really am not looking foreword to the battles if it still suffers from those crappy 1v1 animations and constant slipping.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Pyromania seems to be at bit of a theme.

@ Ahiga

Oh god "the sassies" might be the best nickname ever given to any empire! It conjures up the image of some social click of sassy high school girls but made up of bearded iranian blokes instead. Now please tell me their motto, which was printed on any banner and coin minted in their empire was "Oh no you didn't!"
    Last edited by Le_Swede; December 02, 2014 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Swede View Post
    @ Ahiga

Oh god "the sassies" might be the best nickname ever given to any empire! It conjures up the image of some social click of sassy high school girls but made up of bearded iranian blokes instead. Now please tell me their motto, which was printed on any banner and coin minted in their empire was "Oh no you didn't!"
    "just do like they do"
    "how do they do it?"
    "You know with sass!"

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

OH yes! I need my Sassy fix.

I simply love the grim apocalyptic theme the game has. I love the hopelessness and the fear of unknown, incoming threat. I've read some historical books about the decline of the Roman Empire and (I'm sure many people disagree with me on this one) the general atmosphere of those books is that of a very depressing, bleak world. It feels like the golden ages are gone and we are living in an age of civil wars, agricultural failings and disease. The empires are still powerful but warfare between Rome and her enemies has become a war of attrition and everyone is more vulnerable. Whereas previously you could lose legions of men and rebound, currently the complete destruction of several legions spells complete disaster. I'm sure late-antique was actually much more colourful and lively than I've understood, but I really like this atmosphere.

Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I for one don't mind that much about the outlook of the units, as long as they cater to my general understanding (read: hugely inaccurate generalization) of what they should look like. Hard and well appreciated community work is what gives me the added value of historical accuracy, I just want to have base game working and playable.

What I am liking at the moment is the amount of difference between factions. Before RomeII release, I thought I wouldn't mind most of the factions being Greek(-influenced and so on) but when I actually played the game, I felt every faction had hoplites and then some special units. I hope this is not the case with Attila.

Secondly, I was hugely surprised at the amount of campaign depth there seems to be now. All the things with marriages and the better use of agents. In RomeII, I didn't like the idea that my empire had one super powerful guy who was running around Europe assassinating everybody. I'm not sure, but as far as I've understood, this is not the case with Attila.

Anyways, even with the possibility of sounding like a fanboy, I am currently very excited about Attila.

Pyromania seems to be at bit of a theme.
    Come on, who doesn't like to burn things.
    Last edited by Nergal1610; December 02, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nergal1610 View Post
    Secondly, I was hugely surprised at the amount of campaign depth there seems to be now. All the things with marriages and the better use of agents.
    Medieval 2 introduced these things 8 years ago...

I love how CA is marketing Attila's campaign features and changes to be something "new", as if the family tree, marriages, agents and smarter UI are all innovative ideas to TW.
    Last edited by Epic28; December 02, 2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

ariyan's Avatar Civis

OMG great trailer
    Sassanian are coming!!!!!!

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Very cool. At least they don't stuff anyone in the 75 year time period. Still, I'll be on my toes watching the south-east.
    Last edited by Lugotorix; December 02, 2014 at 11:36 AM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast