Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 3.5 Official Release - Patch 17

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.9 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

Quote Originally Posted by rogacz View Post
    As said - I tested your CAI in campaign and it's really good. That's I looked for - at last AI is not passive but agressive and pretty smart. About this BAI - hmmm strange thing as You wrote, AI behaviour shouldn't change but beleive me it was different. Thank You for this mod - really good job.
    You welcome Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmil View Post
    Hi man! Your mod is great! CAI now try to do smart and direct moves on the map in contrast to vanilla where he often walk back and forth...
    But I noticed one issue in your mod 1.9. With it I have 57 edicts available (instead of 6) and can recruit max 40 armies (instead of 14) in my company (120 turn). May be a better option would be to increase these limits for example on 50% compared to the original?
    57 edict represent 57 province region, um for army cap 40 for imperium lvl 6, the max caps is 57 for imperium lvl 7 represent 57 governours, since i like role play, where each province govern by different general.Still its dont effect game very much, because edict itself already nerfed its effect,and for 57 army caps, i dont think either you or CAI capable to recruit it, so its still safe to say its dont ruin the game balance very much. Well its up to you anyway to put edict or not right ? Also now you are free to put garrison unit to every region you hold without general limitation
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 02, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.9 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

About edicts, yes, they don't ruin the game balance, because now i have 12 full provinces and can make 12 edicts accordingly. And i hope CAI can do the same thing...
    About army caps it is a very controversial..Firstly, now i have 200K treasury and 14 armies and can easily recruit at least 10 elite full stacks turning the game into steamrolling..Secondly, about I "free to put garrison unit to every region". Is CAI really able to do this on his part (sit in the city for turns)? Otherwise it gives a direct benefit to a human, but the purpose of this mod complicate our lives ..
    You also say that the CAI can not recruit 40 armies, but it must be tested (with the low prices of upkeep). Well then, can best to reduce this limit to 30 armies at imperium lvl 7, if you are implying that this game will not be the Mongol invasion

By the way, why do not you make your mod through Steam? it will make it much more popular!

About edicts, yes, they don't ruin the game balance, because now i have 12 full provinces and can make 12 edicts accordingly. And i hope CAI can do the same thing...
    About army caps it is a very controversial..Firstly, now i have 200K treasury and 14 armies and can easily recruit at least 10 elite full stacks turning the game into steamrolling..Secondly, about I "free to put garrison unit to every region". Is CAI really able to do this on his part (sit in the city for turns)? Otherwise it gives a direct benefit to a human, but the purpose of this mod complicate our lives ..
    You also say that the CAI can not recruit 40 armies, but it must be tested (with the low prices of upkeep). Well then, can best to reduce this limit to 30 armies at imperium lvl 7, if you are implying that this game will not be the Mongol invasion

By the way, why do not you make your mod through Steam? it will make it much more popular!
    Err which version you use ?, honestly if you use standart edition, if human can have 200 k and 14 armies, so given the same condition ai also capable to do the same also, maybe twice the army number then you have , I am quite suprise you manage to get 12 province, like my mod is very easy AI , care to share some secret trick ??? What faction you use, do you want to upload your save game so i can see how the other faction progress ???

About garrison for CAI, Yes they also sit in their city, if they not war and cant penetrate enemy line, about CAI can not recruit 40 armies,unless the CAI finaly capable to swallow huge province for example half of europe, i cant imagine what kind of horror they capable to.Yes 40 stack maybe , as long they have money and enough general to lead it.

Mongol invasion ??? Well that the whole idea of this mod, that why i put Attila qoute and movie since this mod capable do the same feat

Do you use another mod or have gold injection ? you are the first one that said capable to do steamrolling, most people who download it, scream and beg for mercy

Steam ? nope. TWC only,popularity ??? as long someone play my mods and feel helped in the game play i already happy enough
    Dont there are other AI mod that have thousand subscribe ? Why i must follow the same path too ???

Enjoy the mod and happy gaming, if you like this mod, you can promote it to your friend
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 03, 2015 at 08:01 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

The secret trick is that i'm using your mod 1.9 for only 15 turns in my 100+ turns campaign
    I am not prepared yet for the golden horde LOL so i found mod for smaller army caps.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=249871428
    When i'll be punished hard by AI in new campaign, i'll share my emotions in this thread

The secret trick is that i'm using your mod 1.9 for only 15 turns in my 100+ turns campaign
    I am not prepared yet for the golden horde LOL so i found mod for smaller army caps.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=249871428
    When i'll be punished hard by AI in new campaign, i'll share my emotions in this thread
    Emm, you mean you already play 100+ turn then you put my mod and continue to load it ? Well the cai will not work full effect unless you start new game

Dont the very easy and human edition have similiar caps like the one in steam you told me

Thanks for sharing the secret, i appreciate it anyways, happy gaming mate hahahahha

now this mod is complete , can you update this nice mod ? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...27&searchtext= Author abandon it a long time ago , and can you finish it , make new All in One weapon/armor and other vanilla armor to shine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    now this mod is complete , can you update this nice mod ? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...27&searchtext= Author abandon it a long time ago , and can you finish it , make new All in One weapon/armor and other vanilla armor to shine ?
    Sorry mate i never do any texture mods, cant help with that

The theory is just open the mod, look the variant, see how the original author create gloss effect, then implement to all variant on AIO, done, simple like that, right now i just want spend my leisure time, watching anime, read manga, play some epic pc game, lurking twc,probably test my own better ai 1.9 and think what new tweaks should i implement for 2.0 version.

Honestly i just want to hibernate from mod activity until Attila is released
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 03, 2015 at 09:21 PM.

Hey Junaidi can you modify the fog of war removal pack to make it work with all campaigns? For now it works great with the Grand Campaign but not the others. I'd like to use it to see how the AI expands and what are the composition of its armies (I use Better AI Recruitment mod). Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtik View Post
    Hey Junaidi can you modify the fog of war removal pack to make it work with all campaigns? For now it works great with the Grand Campaign but not the others. I'd like to use it to see how the AI expands and what are the composition of its armies (I use Better AI Recruitment mod). Thanks mate.
    I already update the mod,try FOW removal 1.0 in the main page, its even more better version then before, just recruit new general or agent to open the FOW and all information regarding city or army in any campaign

Hope its can help you, good luck
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 04, 2015 at 01:55 AM.

It works great, thanks

Just playing a few turns in HATG campaign and DAMN AI seems to not let me breath for a second. It doesn't stop attacking my army until it was utterly destroyed! DAMN this mod is so far so good ¬¬

I started a Medium campaign with Carthage Barcid family. (equal grounds version) In 20 turns AI showed me how to Blitz They always attacked with decent armies in waves. Those Roman bastards like in Punic wars kept sending their armies like a windmill. I decimated three of them and plus a Sicilian scum but my force and economy dried and ruined. And yes Iberian tribes.

Good campaing experience indeed. In my opinion this is a must have mod for whom seeks challenge. And needs to be combined with Litharion' recruitment mod.

Hats off Junaidi! Great work so far...

Friend! Could you please tell more about the differences between the two easy editions from the main 1.9 CAI?
    ModManager shows a lot of differences..

I personally interesting with which probability success of CAI attacks (65% in the basic version or less?), the overall aggressiveness, etc. Now I'm playing in the main version of your mod, but I do not like very cheap upkeep armies and zero (cheat) upkeep of mercenaries by CAI.

I just tried "Better AI v.1.9 easy edition (cai only)" and saw the normal prices of CAI mercenaries' upkeep. So my question is whether the CAI with this version will recruit mercenaries with such high price of upkeep? (very much like to) And does Better AI Recruitment mod affects this? Thanks for the answers!

P.S. CAI behavior so far so good.
    But I was disappointed with one thing in my long campaing (which I started without your mod) .. 6 of the CAI Allied armies (2 per country) came to take the city to the north of New Carthage. But 5-6 moves they sat in camp mode or raiding and managed to attack only when the enemy one stack left the city.

Hey man, is this AI save compatible with a campaign I started with Toon's AIO?

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Just playing a few turns in HATG campaign and DAMN AI seems to not let me breath for a second. It doesn't stop attacking my army until it was utterly destroyed! DAMN this mod is so far so good ¬¬
    Glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    I started a Medium campaign with Carthage Barcid family. (equal grounds version) In 20 turns AI showed me how to Blitz They always attacked with decent armies in waves. Those Roman bastards like in Punic wars kept sending their armies like a windmill. I decimated three of them and plus a Sicilian scum but my force and economy dried and ruined. And yes Iberian tribes.

Good campaing experience indeed. In my opinion this is a must have mod for whom seeks challenge. And needs to be combined with Litharion' recruitment mod.

Hats off Junaidi! Great work so far...
    Thank you for the kind word Sir Legionaire especialy coming from another Artifex like you, its my pleasure if my work can give you satisfaction

Friend! Could you please tell more about the differences between the two easy editions from the main 1.9 CAI?
    ModManager shows a lot of differences..

I personally interesting with which probability success of CAI attacks (65% in the basic version or less?), the overall aggressiveness, etc. Now I'm playing in the main version of your mod, but I do not like very cheap upkeep armies and zero (cheat) upkeep of mercenaries by CAI.

I just tried "Better AI v.1.9 easy edition (cai only)" and saw the normal prices of CAI mercenaries' upkeep. So my question is whether the CAI with this version will recruit mercenaries with such high price of upkeep? (very much like to) And does Better AI Recruitment mod affects this? Thanks for the answers!

P.S. CAI behavior so far so good.
    But I was disappointed with one thing in my long campaing (which I started without your mod) .. 6 of the CAI Allied armies (2 per country) came to take the city to the north of New Carthage. But 5-6 moves they sat in camp mode or raiding and managed to attack only when the enemy one stack left the city.
    To make its easy to understand
    -easy edition : the ai will recruit army almost normal size with original,but still reseach faster
    -very human and easy edition : the ai will recruit similiar with original size, have less army cap, and reseach slower then easy edition,giving human more advantage to outsmart CAI.

About the rest like CAI behaviour, winning chance every version retain the same value nothing change, different version only different on cai handicap, but if you think with less army the CAI is weaker, then "no" is the answer, since like i told you before, even CAI have 20 stack in his arsenal, if CAI cant use it well, its just waste of resource. What matter from CAI is "behaviour",for example, if he cant win by "brutal strengh" alone, he will try merging "coalition". I will try exploit this part in 2.0 update, right now is good already, i just want to exploit CAI grand strategy,into futher more "deadly"

If you use my mod then load the "Old" save games, even if its work, CAI will not work fully, since they still use different table personality that already stored inside "save game", that why you can see some "weird" on CAI

Dont worry about "mod manager" just use only one of my version dont use "both" of them, you can switch any version you like since what different is difficult handicap for CAI that save game compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Hey man, is this AI save compatible with a campaign I started with Toon's AIO?
    Nope different table, you need start new campaign, to have AI works its magic, which i am sure according to the comment you read above will be enough to compesate hundred turn from your old save game
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 05, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Nope different table, you need start new campaign, to have AI works its magic, which i am sure according to the comment you read above will be enough to compesate hundred turn from your old save game
    oh well, CAI was being kinda passive anyways. Plus I can now use the latest version of AIO . I'm going the use the easy edition, that's the most balanced/fair one right?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Not necessarily true that you need to restart. I don't think anyone has ever demonstrated one way or another. Yet another one of those things people assert but never try. Its probably safer though.

Simple test would be to set up some crazy values for recruitment, research and aggression and see if they kick in.

oh well, CAI was being kinda passive anyways. Plus I can now use the latest version of AIO . I'm going the use the easy edition, that's the most balanced/fair one right?
    Err try the third one, "very human and easy edition"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Not necessarily true that you need to restart. I don't think anyone has ever demonstrated one way or another. Yet another one of those things people assert but never try. Its probably safer though.

Simple test would be to set up some crazy values for recruitment, research and aggression and see if they kick in.
    For my case, "yes" Sir Hedge, since this mod change cai_personalities_tables, which is not vanilla one, i quite understand there is no need to restart new game if we change the value like campaign_ai_personality_junction or dificult_campaign_handicap, but if we change cai_personality_tables, we need to restart it since the old save game retain old personality table even the save game itself still load, unless i wrong about this point, which is i am quite happy if you can clarify for me

I doubt the old save game know new "custom" variable name like "Hybrid" or "Hybrid_experimental" on cai_personality_table

Also the AIO itself use default "vanilla" setting for CAI part, that why AIO can recommend using other ai mod like Radious or me, whatever ai mod used by user will not conflict with AIO.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 05, 2015 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Err try the third one, "very human and easy edition"
    Eh? What's the difference between the two? I usually set my campaign and battle difficulty on medium. Which one would you recommend for medium difficulty? Not superhard, but not easy either.

Eh? What's the difference between the two? I usually set my campaign and battle difficulty on medium. Which one would you recommend for medium difficulty? Not superhard, but not easy either.
    Honestly mate, there is no difference value in hard, easy, very easy, normal, or legendary for my mod, the difference maybe coming from other mod or vanilla campaign_difficult_handicap value, like giving CAI income boost and other stuff on different level

I recommend "hard" anyway, feel free to try 20 turn and write your review
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 05, 2015 at 10:53 AM.