Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 3.5 Official Release - Patch 17

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.7 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

Peek inside next update for Better Aggresive CAI V.1.8 on first page
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.7 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

CAI and BAI is ok , but only problem left , is AI only recruit 1 or 2 type of units . example i play Seleucid , and arabian faction always have 1 type of spearmen unit in all their stack . i use All in one and radious , give all kind of culture many units from beginning . but i only see 1 unit , i fight 5,6 full stack armys of arabian factions , but only fight the same weakest spearmen unit so victory is too easy , a few swordmen and pikemen and all of them routing very quick fight Tylis and other balkan factions is harder because they spam spear men and Thracian swordmen who carry long sword , have high melee attack , high weapon damage . but only 2 type of units . AI don't use other new units we gave them , only vanilla units . i use your mod combine with radious AI mod , so how to fix that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    CAI and BAI is ok , but only problem left , is AI only recruit 1 or 2 type of units . example i play Seleucid , and arabian faction always have 1 type of spearmen unit in all their stack . i use All in one and radious , give all kind of culture many units from beginning . but i only see 1 unit , i fight 5,6 full stack armys of arabian factions , but only fight the same weakest spearmen unit so victory is too easy , a few swordmen and pikemen and all of them routing very quick fight Tylis and other balkan factions is harder because they spam spear men and Thracian swordmen who carry long sword , have high melee attack , high weapon damage . but only 2 type of units . AI don't use other new units we gave them , only vanilla units . i use your mod combine with radious AI mod , so how to fix that ?
    Basicly when the new custom unit enter the rooster, the modder need to put it into CAI recruitment quota with we call its unit quality back in shogun 2, so you should check it did they already there in quota.After that you need to see its priority, some unit get favored more by the modder, so they get highest priority

My Better CAI unfortunately dont touch that hot stuff, and leave it to default vanilla setting or another mod setting, what my mod alter maybe the composition between meleee : cavalary : range : artillery : mercenary, and its only tell the CAI how much the ratio to recruit cavalry unit, but not be told to recruit specific cavalry unit like tarantine cavalary which is part of unit quality territory

I already working for next update, you can get the idea looking on the main page thread, what i do

I advice to look this mod and this tutorial, i think its should help your problem , that all i can help

Good luck and Godspeed
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 21, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

the another problem is, the AI simply dont build high tier military structures. so the AI recruit mostly the cheap and borring militia or levy units. We have really huge ton of new units (AIO mod), but cant seen in AI armies, bcs they dont have 3-4 tier buildings.
    (sorry my english)

Junaidi,
    the 1.7 version only compatible with WoS patched game, OR MODIFIED also the WoS campaign?
    or better waiting for new 1.8 version to see better AI in WoS camp. ??
    Last edited by Hunor; December 22, 2014 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    the another problem is, the AI simply dont build high tier military structures. so the AI recruit mostly the cheap and borring militia or levy units. We have really huge ton of new units (AIO mod), but cant seen in AI armies, bcs they dont have 3-4 tier buildings.
    (sorry my english)

Junaidi,
    the 1.7 version only compatible with WoS patched game, OR MODIFIED also the WoS campaign?
    or better waiting for new 1.8 version to see better AI in WoS camp. ??
    Better aggresive CAI dont touch about construction policy, but my mod just encouraged CAI to focus build military building, the situation for your issue is like this
    My mod : Hey CAI get focus on military building
    CAI : Will do sir, (he only said will do but dont said he will specific building something up to 3-4 tiers)

They also need to reseach technology , did the CAI already reseach the requirement technology to unlock the contruction ? Did they have enough money to build it ?

Try contact Sir Toon to request more easy access to custom unit like cheaper barrack, removal some requirement technology, or just add cheat so AI reseach faster then usual like 1000% so they will reseach 10 times faster then usual.

But i think i can add the cheat itself on Better AI so you guys will have CAI that can reseach faster then usual, giving him certain edge againts human, small tweak but effect is huge

The version 1.7 already modified the wos campaign, version 1.8 just more like upgrade it into more better version with recent tweak such is
    -vassal system
    -better proportion funding
    -ratio army
    -navy invasion value
    -lot of new tweak come to play

And its should be save game compatible like usual , but new game is not bad option if you think there will be bug
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 22, 2014 at 07:29 AM.

Thx the fast answer dude!

I'll try now to WoS with Toon faction unlock, then if 1.8 vers out, i will be happy
    ( i think is come out a few day ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Thx the fast answer dude!

I'll try now to WoS with Toon faction unlock, then if 1.8 vers out, i will be happy
    ( i think is come out a few day ?)
    Probably,there are lot of value need to be testing,like cheat code for faster reseach, i think right now CAI is aggresive, send lot of stack, but is poor quality because they cant access high tier building right ? I think i will figure the remedy for this kind of situation.

At least for now the CAI is lot better then vanilla right

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 25, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.8 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

I havent used this yet bc I just bought the game and collecting all the best mods possible so I can have the best first run ever. Anyway, I can't wait to try this out but I have this question. People keep complaining about the stupid BAI, modders reponse by saying AI can't be tweaked. And I understand your mod don't actually change the AI, just change the variables. So how far is this mod in solving people's complains about AI in this game, according to your view? Just asking, trying it anyway.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.8 for Emperor Edition Patch 16.1

AI in the game divided into 2 :

BAI = Battle AI, modder cant change how BAI react like flanking enemy, but modder can change unit movement, morale, or kill ratio, my mod only alter morale and kill ratio, so you can have longer battle then usual without problem like unit that killed to faster or routing to early.

CAI = Campaign AI, not many modder actualy care about this part since many things still questionable not to mention lack of tutorial mostly rely upon experience from the modder itself.We can alter their behaviour completly

So how far is this mod in solving people's complains about AI in this game, according to your view? Just asking, trying it anyway.
    If i type it, belived me it will be long words. To make simple, go download it, load to mod manager,play it under 15 turn,30 i recommend on any campaign you want on normal or hard or above. Notice the CAI behaviour.Compare it with vanilla, then compare it with other mod that also alter CAI like radious AI or dubmod. If you like it, keep it, rep me or comment me back. If not press "delete" on keyboard. No hard feeling from me

The best explanation is from trying the mod itself. I can talk all i want in my thread, i can said the mod itself is god sent from heaven, will it proved anything. No, the best way is to feel it yourself, do this mod satisfied you or not, Just my two cent.

For better result as experiment try use vanilla setting and no other mod to test it on sterile condition, so you have no doubt if other mod alter the result or not. If you are a modder feel free sent pm to me and we can chat to satisfied your curiosity about what i alter. If you doubt about this mod, try read other people comment, if you want more information try read the main page thread.

Glad if i can help you, enjoy the mod and enjoy the game
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM.

hi junaidi83 , can you make that any faction not war with player always agree to trade ? you know trade give them money , but in vanilla they mostly refuse even player give them money as bribe .
    this mod make diplomacy so easy , trade agreement always High , but he doing so far , creat satrapy too much easy http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...86&searchtext= . we need them always agree to trade , not accept satrapy to easy . of couse if they nearly die they will agree
    Last edited by Tiger tank; December 24, 2014 at 02:27 AM.

hi junaidi83 , can you make that any faction not war with player always agree to trade ? you know trade give them money , but in vanilla they mostly refuse even player give them money as bribe .
    this mod make diplomacy so easy , trade agreement always High , but he doing so far , creat satrapy too much easy http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...86&searchtext= . we need them always agree to trade , not accept satrapy to easy . of couse if they nearly die they will agree
    Let me clear some issue first :
    Q: Why you need trade for player or CAI
    A: its give extra income and potentialy increase relationship with faction that became trade patner
    Q: Why you need money and relationship
    A: So i can use extra money building + recruit more army while relation ship work to hold them not attack me for the moment, also maybe they can protect me also

Better AI V1.8
    - CAI already have advantage on army upkeep and army cost, so trade or no trade is not problem
    - Trade behaviour honestly if you trade that mean you delay the war = delay expansion since you cant trade with faction that you go to war.And despite the warmonger CAI you see, every one of them have same variable for trade, and yes the potential to trade is already high, so what you ask is already done, you just dont notice it

Not every faction want trade with you, do you have certain resource they want ? How many resource you collect ? Do you and your trade patner on different culture ? For the record custom personality on Better CAI is warlike combine with trader, what you ask already done. You just dont realize it. While i can also increase to the level that every faction agree with you for trade even you have 1 or no resource.But it will broken the game mechanic.

I already done it, and see what horror waiting me, for example just on turn 1 with fog removal enabled i can make trade with every faction on the map that dont war with me.And suddenly i can get extra income like 6000 just on turn 1, more to increase. Fine about money part i can enjoy the luxuries become rich. Broken the game financial system ? Blahhh dont care. And suddenly you see every CAI faction also respond on the same style. No war mate just trade,we should be friend, now we achieve Peace and Prosperity together, why we should war ? we rich together.

When you trade with 1 faction, then it will open new route to other faction then other faction until you can see every faction, that also what CAI that love trade do.Trade and war cant on the same level. Your CAI now are already on trade zone, increase it any more will result "World Peace"

Honestly why you build market, you should build barrack, since with trade you already rich enough without need to build economic structure. If you want money, you should use cheat engine, then you can have whatever money you like without disturb CAI balance, win win solution right

In simple words : The more eager CAI to trade the more war will less to happens, the more passive it be for gameplay. You dont need CAI that sit like fat merchant counting money, believe me, its just ruin the game play. You cant war and trade together either one will be on losing side.

Example : Carthage Vanilla CAI (faction that love trade), Egypt (same old same old). Both this faction is famous for its passive to the point its destroy itself by letting other faction like rome expand while he counting money

I can make every faction will trade or become satapry with me without cost, do you want play it ?
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 24, 2014 at 04:04 AM.

i test with Wrath of sparta dlc , play as sparta , and only sparta ally agree to trade , all other refuse ( trade agreement always low ) . Back in shogun 2 player can trade with most of clans have ports but AI attack player or their ally very much . i don't think more trade agree = peace even you ally with AI , they still attack at your back change value like this mod is easy , but do this make diplomacy so easy

i test with Wrath of sparta dlc , play as sparta , and only sparta ally agree to trade , all other refuse ( trade agreement always low ) . Back in shogun 2 player can trade with most of clans have ports but AI attack player or their ally very much . i don't think more trade agree = peace even you ally with AI , they still attack at your back change value like this mod is easy , but do this make diplomacy so easy
    What you ask before ?
    can you make that any faction not war with player always agree to trade ?
    If i do this that its should reduce the aggresive of CAI, since their priority for trade high, if they break the treaty and go war with you there are strong chance they will propose peace to "trade again with you. See the devil circle that you ask ?

Trade---->broken----->war------>peace------>trade----->broken----->war----->trade (see they running on the same circle over and over again)

Yes when on peace offer as human you can reject it. But think on both CAI faction that put trade on top priority, the chance of peace will increase like double.Since both party eager to trade. And its apply to all CAI Faction as well.Congrats Sir Tiger i promote you as ambassador
    of "United Nation"
    I already test it that why i can tell you with clear tone because i already use it and try it and see it with my own eyes.
    You should test it and put on youtube video for funny CAI , its should be quite popular video i think

Do you think i dont want CAI to use trade for gain money to maximize its income ? Yes i want, but CAI dont know how to stop it.Even they finally going to war, in short they will propose peace and trade again, i already try it , no fix for this mess

For the record CAI on rome 2 is more complex then shogun 2, you should try my RGM mods, its used the same concept of Better CAI, well more like predecessor of Better CAI mostly
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 24, 2014 at 04:38 AM.

For some reasons, your mini mod (CAI only) doesn't work with CA's mod manager, game crashed everytime if I enable it. But using mitch's manager I can play normally. I really love mitch's but it doesnt have auto update feature. Can you look into this? Or maybe upload your mod to steam?

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    For some reasons, your mini mod (CAI only) doesn't work with CA's mod manager, game crashed everytime if I enable it. But using mitch's manager I can play normally. I really love mitch's but it doesnt have auto update feature. Can you look into this? Or maybe upload your mod to steam?
    Problem maybe because i using pfm not C.A tool,well just copy paste my mod content into new one using C.A tool TWEAK or try enable out of date mods option on C.A mod manager.Despite the problem you can still play it right ? using mitch mm,consider i am old fashioned,you can always find my mod on tw center only, just check my thread regulary every once while.There is no reason for me to decorate my main thread, if people never look it anyways,and just use auto update,its killing me a bit as artist,i put time and effort decorated my main thread .Try compare my main thread with any mod thread on steam.Do you notice how many mod thread on steam that actualy decorate their mod thread like picture, music or writing.Since most of you people only visit once, subscribe,and never bother to visit again,just auto update,seem we gradualy change into mod vending machine

Also we not C.A mate,we dont have obligation to auto patch your game,remember we modder not game developer
    As long my mod work its magic i think its no big deal using mitch mm or CA mm, it also help you check TWC regulary, without you, TWC will turn into graveyard, there are lot activity like debate, writing story, tournament,comedy,drama, if people only use steam and check TWC for only see new mods, sooner or later people traffic will become less and less everyday.

To the point many forum thread became empty and in the end TWC will collapse itself
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 25, 2014 at 06:32 AM.

All good man no need to be so long . Sorry if I pissed you off though I didn't mean it. I just thought that not working with ca's manager is not intended as I also use a lot of non steam mod in this forum and I do have to check regularly in this forum for new content. But all those other mods still work with CA's that's why I'm asking you, but now I now the reason, and I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    All good man no need to be so long . Sorry if I pissed you off though I didn't mean it. I just thought that not working with ca's manager is not intended as I also use a lot of non steam mod in this forum and I do have to check regularly in this forum for new content. But all those other mods still work with CA's that's why I'm asking you, but now I now the reason, and I'm fine with it.
    All good mate no need to worry about, look at the bright side

many modder now use Steam workshop except Toon because his mod is too big workshop update and allow bigger files , so Radious move to workshop too , and twcenter will be abandon soon

many modder now use Steam workshop except Toon because his mod is too big workshop update and allow bigger files , so Radious move to workshop too , and twcenter will be abandon soon
    And its up to us, to support or not support it Tiger Tank.
    But i have feeling if i released this into steam its gonna be top rated, since i noticed there are many silent downloader that actualy like it, considering this is already patch 1.8(good god 8 updates on the first month), and they keep using it,even its mean they must download it again,i think my mod work as what they expected in their own mind

For the record : this mod created on November 30 2014, and today is December 26 2014,its not a month yet its already 8 updates, 8 times you must download it again,i guess its will piss the one who used it,no wonder they ask auto update feature
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 26, 2014 at 06:37 AM.