Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1320

Thread: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 3.5 Official Release - Patch 17

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 3.5 Official Release - Patch 17

I like this mod, but I do not understand which campaign difficulty I am supposed to choose when starting the game. Do the modifiers add up or multiply, or are the campaign modifiers ignored completely? Please elaborate.

So, for example if I install _vanilla_normal.pack and choose very hard campaign difficulty, what does it mean?

1) AI recruitment cost is -35.0%, or
    2) AI recruitment cost is -27.5%, or
    3) AI recruitment cost is -25.0%, or
    4) something completely different?

Same question for upkeep:
    1) AI upkeep cost is -45%, or
    2) AI upkeep cost is -30%, or
    3) AI upkeep cost is -25%, or
    4) something completely different?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 2.8 Official Release

Im having real issues with this mod playing the Caesar in gaul campaign. Main issue is with diplomacy in that with this mod there is none.

After turn 1 its just a procession of all factions declaring war on me. Massila is normally one if these factions that declares war even though relations are excellent. I ran a few turns with this mod turned off and none of above happens.

The diplomacy game in the hard and normal versions of this mod are ridiculous, I could easily just start a vanilla game and declare war on all faction to achieve the same level of difficulty. The easy version is mildly better but still ridiculous with factions that I have a very good standing with cancelling treaties for no apparent reason.

1. Does using this mod simply script all factions to declare war or is there some kind of compatibility issue with the dlc campaigns?

2. Should the in game campaign difficulty setting match whatever mod version im using? im tried using normal setting with the normal version but I noticed no difference.

I installed the _vanilla_normal.pack and started THREE times the Seleucid campaign (VH/H/N).
    After the FIRST turn of the VH campaign, ALL the faction I have discovered declared war on me. At turn 2 I was pratically at war with all the east of the game.
    During the H campaign, same thing, but with backstabbed Galica and Cappadoccia at turn 10, while Macedonia, after a propose of trade agreement and 1 turn of it, canceled the agreement.
    Basically the same at N difficulty.
    Oh and it was pratically impossible to request peace with the faction, also after I destroyed them in battle 3-4 times in a row.
    I think this mod need a bit of balance.

You are Seleucids, what did you expect? Seleucids have one of the most difficult campaigns at the beginning and the things you are mentioning are mostly what they suffer by the timeframe.

Hi. You can tell how to force AI to move more around the map and attack? Or tell me which line in your mod is possible to modify it. Just playing as Rome many declare war and no one wants to attack, 60 moves, none of the attacks. But playing for the other faction on the map you can see that in Rome there are constant attacks Sorry for bad English

I use to play this mod with it's "Anti cheat for AI" version. I'm Pontus basilea (kingdom) I just reached 60 turns and Rome was destroyed by etruscans. Armenia was kicked from the map a while ago but they reapeared! God damn it...

I haven't play as Rome cause I use to play always with hellenic factions but still. I'm sure that if you feel no one is attacking you its for sure because:
    A) You are stronger than them so.... who is so foolish to attack a stronger faction?
    B) They have more enemies around.
    B.1)Those enemies are more equal in forces with your enemies.
    B.2) Those other enemies are closer than you.

Prepare for war cause suddenly they will come for you....in the darkness....while you sleep...

I really like to play Rome and use as a world map of this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...44&searchtext=, which removes unnecessary fines and shortens the turnaround time of the stroke. And it seems I'm a little solved the problem with the AI attacks. I removed all bonuses to the armies and fleets such as the accelerated March, patrol, ambush, raiding and other. AI just stopped stupidly run back and forth around the map and stand still, doing some dancing, and began to attack very often. Maybe it's just a coincidence? Now for the turn happens very often 1, and sometimes 2 attacks and, accordingly, the same battles

Started with this mod. I haven't ever been so stressed out while playing Rome II... Each turn you basically wait and shiver who's gonna declare war on you next and if it gonna ruin you completely this time. I haven't ever had SO MANY epic battles out from the start of campaign when you don't have a breathing room and keep defending against coming hordes of enemies at your city gates where auto-combat isn't an option and you win like 10-15 battles with your battered defenders like 400 vs 2000+ in a row.

It's funny that to make game challenging, you have to throw out diplomacy outta window, all I basically hear is war declarations. Another funny thing is that everyone around me is so fanatically wants to kill me, so they gather all their troops and march on me, while leaving their cities completely undefended, and when I repel attacks, their cities become captured by other factions. It feels like entire world is coming for my head in waves. Also rather weird to see faction who has Very Friendly attitude towards me doesn't accept any of my proposals and next turn declares war while keeping Very Friendly attitude for several turns ahead.

Rants aside I have lots of fun for now and very unexpected events around me. Kudos to you, author. I see this mod is far from perfect but I have no idea how could one bring challenge in RII any other way.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

It's funny that to make game challenging, you have to throw out diplomacy outta window, all I basically hear is war declarations. Another funny thing is that everyone around me is so fanatically wants to kill me, so they gather all their troops and march on me, while leaving their cities completely undefended, and when I repel attacks, their cities become captured by other factions. It feels like entire world is coming for my head in waves. Also rather weird to see faction who has Very Friendly attitude towards me doesn't accept any of my proposals and next turn declares war while keeping Very Friendly attitude for several turns ahead.
    BACAI rome 2, has long not been updated, the final master piece of work was BACAI Attila, which have the complete improvement, its is possible to reupdate rome 2 BACAI using Attila , i already plan to do that, however i also work on BACAI Warhammer, and i have work which consume most of my time and my energy , not only i manage handle day to day bisnis as e-commerce merchant, i also daily trader at stock market as well.

Rome 2 version of BACAI just need to be update once and for all, and that it, i will try to figure out how to steal extra time. If i remember correctly rome 2 Version 3.5 = Attila 3.8 -4.0. The latest Version of Attila itself was 4.2, which is the master piece of yearly work.

If you play rome 2 and shiver, try attila and you get shocked, from naval invasion, that sweep your city, diplomatic, how AI play so good at defensive tactic that capable to made human player on stalemate position and not mention how good AI laying ambush, take effective decision for each turn its passes, the drama between noble, the uprising, even the battle itself where no side capable to outmanouver other by simply setting shield wall trap and getting massive kill, without almost no effort ,and all without change stats etc etc
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

I'm afraid my rig won't be able to handle Attila, and to be honest I haven't a lot of interest in that particular era, so after an upgrade I'll wait for more patches and expansions for TW:W and will move on it completely I think.

For all it's worth, current BACAI for Rome II seems to be working alright. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm actually having lots of fun thanks to your work. This extremely aggressive AI is very refreshing change from passive and dull vanilla AI. I have tried some other CAI mods, some were fun for early game, then same old dullness returned. With this mod it seems like non-stop action. Thrilling!

Having trouble running this with radious total war pack. We tried radious_easy pack in hotseat but the problem was it we only could recruit 1 unit per turn with every faction. Any idea whats wrong?

If you're using it with Radious AI Mod it will definitely conflict no matter what. I'm using vanilla easy BACAI with Radious Campaign Mod, all unit packs and Graphics mod and it works flawlessly, but I have merged it with Radious Campaign Mod to terminate single conflict it had (fame related IIRC). Anyway, I think you should be fine either way. I have no idea why there's Radious specific BACAI files, since they have more conflicts with Radious mod than vanilla ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    BACAI rome 2, has long not been updated, the final master piece of work was BACAI Attila, which have the complete improvement, its is possible to reupdate rome 2 BACAI using Attila , i already plan to do that, however i also work on BACAI Warhammer, and i have work which consume most of my time and my energy , not only i manage handle day to day bisnis as e-commerce merchant, i also daily trader at stock market as well.

Rome 2 version of BACAI just need to be update once and for all, and that it, i will try to figure out how to steal extra time. If i remember correctly rome 2 Version 3.5 = Attila 3.8 -4.0. The latest Version of Attila itself was 4.2, which is the master piece of yearly work.

If you play rome 2 and shiver, try attila and you get shocked, from naval invasion, that sweep your city, diplomatic, how AI play so good at defensive tactic that capable to made human player on stalemate position and not mention how good AI laying ambush, take effective decision for each turn its passes, the drama between noble, the uprising, even the battle itself where no side capable to outmanouver other by simply setting shield wall trap and getting massive kill, without almost no effort ,and all without change stats etc etc
    I am a HUGE fan of your work and I can't wait for ROME II BACAI to be updated with Attila masterpiece changes!
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by Senticon View Post
    If you're using it with Radious AI Mod it will definitely conflict no matter what. I'm using vanilla easy BACAI with Radious Campaign Mod, all unit packs and Graphics mod and it works flawlessly, but I have merged it with Radious Campaign Mod to terminate single conflict it had (fame related IIRC). Anyway, I think you should be fine either way. I have no idea why there's Radious specific BACAI files, since they have more conflicts with Radious mod than vanilla ones.
    I tried deleting the Radious AI and used _vanilla easy pack but still can only recruit 1 unit per turn. I looked at med manager it had that 1 conflict with radious campaign mod but how do you merge mods?

Quote Originally Posted by TucKMuncK View Post
    I tried deleting the Radious AI and used _vanilla easy pack but still can only recruit 1 unit per turn. I looked at med manager it had that 1 conflict with radious campaign mod but how do you merge mods?
    Forgot to mention this mod is the only from twc forums, others are from workshop. Using rome 2 own mod manager to launch the game.

Okay seems like older version of this mod (2.3version) which I found in steam workshop works no problem.

I played a little with your Mod in Divide Et Impera

Congratulation for this, it is what the game need: Aggression from the enemies, big enemy armies, better enemy troops, all in the game, not only the possibility for better enemy troops when we never see in the Campaign.
    I only have an idea for a little changing, for what is could be better. (for me).

You write at the first post
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post

in vanilla the CAI only have 35 % winning chance as default value, that means the CAI only need to meet 35% chance to win to authorize his decision to send army
    Now i tweak it up to 70 %,[ …] defend properly and build his army into considerable strengh before invade other faction or player
    The problem is that with this value, YOU DON’T HAVE ANY DIPLOMACY, only war.
    Sure this is right for a game with name TOTAL WAR, but I think it would be better. So it is very good and the preparation of the war, make allies, trades, e.t.c.
    I propose to get other editions for the enemy’s aggression.
    For example to have the same mod in three edition of enemies aggression.

If in the Vanilla, enemy aggression is 35%, practical mean nothing
    and your Mod is 70%, practical mean only war everywhere
    If you could to get an edition for 50% - More aggressive
    A second edition with 60% - Very aggressive
    And your exist Mod at 70% - Extreme aggressive

I don’t know for Modding too much, and if it need too much work and much values to change, but I just recommend. Because it is normal to be and a little diplomacy with the regions.

Thanks again for your Mod, it make Rome II extremely interest to play. You metamorphosis the game, to be better! With the 35% of Vanilla, the enemies just wait when i will dominate to the game.
    THERE IS NOT TOTAL WAR IF THERE IS NOT ENEMY AGGRESSION.

I cannot play Rome 2 without this mod, it's an absolute must have. Mods like these make me debate donating.

HELLO!
    I have a little problem.I use two settings:
    Without Artilery + Buff\Campaign Difficulty\Without economy tweaks---- -vanilla_normal.pack for campaign
    \Without Artilery + Buff\Buff missile--------vanilla_missile_no_buff.pack for debuff missile.

with vanilla_missile_no_buff.pack i observe that SYRACUSA slingers have missile damage reduced from 20 to 12.
    I make a little test.I use CHARTAGIAN HOPLITES vs SYRACUSA slingers.And i notice something strange.
    In original game with slinger dmg =20 after they consumed all ammunition the HOPLITES was left with 100 men (from 160 initially).
    With your mod with slinger dmg =12 they destroyed that unit of HOPLITES.
    So my questions is :should not be vice versa?
    Also i notice that in your mod (vanilla_missile_no_buff.pack) cannot see the missile trails .And this is very important in battle to see what is the targeted unit.

Hello Junaidi. Hope you are doing well. I have just a short question if you will be able to update your mode for the latest DEI 1.2 beta release. Thanks in advance.