Page 1 of 66 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 3.5 Official Release - Patch 17

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 3.5 Official Release - Patch 17

Better Aggresive CAI V 3.5 promotional music video

I proudly present Better Aggresive CAI For Rome 2 Version 3.5 is out !!!

Storm clouds gather over Europe, mistrust and rivalries between realms threaten to break and flood the world in a tide of Total War
    So after couple of event i decide to release what i call simple tweaks and simple solution for playing total war ROME 2.What you need to know i dont create new CAI what i do just utilize the CAI in the Rome 2 to its fullest. Anyone who mods Shogun 2 will quite familiar to this tweak, even Hedge already mention it back in his AI tutorial.The first time i realize what this tweak capable was when im still working in my RGM mods. Then i am thinking if the same method work with Shogun 2 why not Rome 2. And yes, the concept is still same and its work flawesly. You can even try the vanilla game without any mods and feel the effect.But i recommend to use mod especially all in one from toon lots of shiny stuff

Campaign AI

Have you encounter Passive CAI that lazy to attack or act stupid like letting player or other faction expand the empire while he himself contend in tiny province waiting to be killed by other ? Now its gone !!! Thanks for Uanime5 and Hedge,i can understand how to force AI to expand, and this tweak is not popular even in Shogun 2, the closed one that utilize this trick maybe Radious mods, but its not up to the fullest, where CAI forced to use up to the maximum of his ability to expand and destroy player and other faction.

CAI Winning Chance

Here the fun facts, in vanilla the CAI only have 35 % winning chance as default value, that means the CAI only need to meet 35% chance to win to authorize his decision to send army goes into suicide mission, that explain random small army marching into their doom. Now i tweak it up to 70 %, so the CAI now will be play safe, defend properly and build his army into considerable strengh before invade other faction or player. So you want EPIC battle , Now you get it !!!

To make its easy to understand, i will explain the logic behind this tweak and how its affect the entire gameplay, for example there is 2 province :

Rome : Its heavily garrison by player, so in order to take that city from me the CAI will send a full stack army or couple maybe depend on how auto resolve result depend, which must have at least have minimum chance to win 65 % if player use auto resolve.Its force the player to handle battle manual or suffer tragic loss via auto resolve.

Corsica : Its small and undevelop province that have no garrison, the CAI will send small army to claim it, since full stack army will become overkill, and waste of men power, as long the CAI small army have minimum chance 65 % to win via auto resolve.

The summary is whatever choice CAI take, they always in the winning term, but you also can counter them via misleading information to lure them capture weak garrison province and ambush the CAI.But the problem is all faction have all similiarity like this, and you not face one faction at times, since CAI already set to blunder player situation, and that where you suddenly face multiple enemy and get surrounded.From aggresive into defensive and counter style.And that where everything become interesting.

Everybody loves the aggresive CAI but dont like the suicidal one, here that make different, about purely aggresive with suicidal tendencies fighthing something its cant win or just act smartly by attacking where CAI sure to win.Just imagine if every faction play with tactical style like this.The bigger your province the more spread your military strengh mean your defense became less and less, and CAI will blunder this oppurtunity , that where Total War is Commence.

And dont worry about they became passive because they already hardwired to expand at any cost, now. Just waiting a perfect opportunity and there is plenty, just imagine Sengoku Jidai era with Europe map.

The Goal of this mod is :

- Create a mini mod so it can fit with any mods as much as possible, without alter them to much, so if you play radious, or DEI or Toon, or Silvan just say any mod that been created by any modder in Rome 2 modding scene, each of this mod, have many different table either units speed, different morale,different stats, you can still taste the mod flavour that has been hardly created by respective modder itself.
    - If someone just want to play pure vanilla Rome 2 ,this mod can satisfied them, because its offer more difficult CAI player can handle, improving melee battle both on casuality and morale (so its take lot of flanking and good time to rout a unit), some essential fix like food,and some important element. Plus it work for every Campaign.
    - Its denied possibility to abuse CAI via diplomacy system where your can manipulate CAI like holding fake Alliance while your real power travel into far away land, sacking, razing and doing god forbidden act,It will not happening here, since your dear neighbour will betray you 100 % and take golden chance to attack where player are vulnerable, the only question is WHEN ?

More About Better CAI
    What plague the rome and most total war game, its is not bad unit, it is not bad ui, bad music, and dll, its just passive CAI.

Is this fault from CA ? No, C.A already done the job creating better CAI but not every faction get same level of quality of CAI, some is good, some is average, some is balanced enough.Combining this with lot of faction on the map, its give player taste to steam roll with ease, by plucking the weak ones who cant defend himself, dont its your strategy on playing total war ? But sooner or later we became to obvious know how to handle gameplay, we know the overflow, its method is rinse and repeat, in the end we feel this give player no chalenges at all.Even at some point to easy, its like player faction destiny to rule the world and was the smartess among other AI faction, am i correct ?

What my mods, do just get rid weaker personality replace them with very aggresive one, know where to attack, where to defend, when to backstab,and many other things apply this concept to all faction and now you face something that unpredictable, because even minor faction acting smarter equal with major faction.Basicly you cant say "Mehh" again,and do steam rolling the other small faction with ease.

The mod itself constanly updated with every update come new improvement, little by little its truly transfrom CAI into force to be reckoned with

In short resume

Vanilla CAI mostly fill with this

Better CAI mostly fill with this

But i recommend to try 15 turn and you can decide it by yourself
    Change log V.3.5

- Fix diplomacy glitch that enable player to blunder the game
    - Reupdate all mod version
    - Added Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum support

Download
    Better Aggresive CAI V 3.5
    Mod Description

The Easy Edition basicly you and AI will recruit, reseach, and maintain army in same cost, time and upkeep

The Normal Edition the CAI can recruit and maintain army 25 % cheaper, and can reseach 3x times faster then human,since they reseach faster then human, mean AI will able to build and recruit Elite units faster then Human.

The Hard Edition the CAI can recruit and maintain army with half cost standart price, and can reseach 5x times faster then human, you will be outnumber, in almost every aspect, and you can only rely on your quick wits to survive the AI onslaught
    Download FOW removal
    To see how volatile the CAI became, you can use fog of war removal here, save game compatible. Just play like under 15 turn from new campaign and see the CAI progress. Its fun enough watching battle betwen CAI, enjoying live show tactical Creative Assembly made of.Its working for all Campaigns, just recruit any general,or agent.

Remember if you want to use this try create separate save file, in case you want revert to original FOW, also remember, when you use this, your faction automatically included as legitimate Faction that can be attacked by other CAI faction, even your faction location is located on far away land.Honestly you only use this to watch AI action and testing purpouse not to play as part of Campaign.Or it will ruin your campaign experience because some random faction will declare war with you if he see your faction is weaker then him.And its not just declare war only since he actually sending his army to invade your land, even separated by far away sea route.

FOW_Removal_1.0
    its even more better version then before, just recruit any general or agent to open the FOW and all information regarding city or army in any campaign
    Credit list

- Drakeb22, for point me and tested my theory behind CAI budget
    - Magnar,for the chance to expand my mind
    - Rafkos,tor teach me siege effect and how to create similiar effect
    - Uanime5,for helping me understanding certain important variable
    - The Hedge Knight,for point me to right direction
    - Tenerife_Boy, for his valuable feedback on Steam chat
    - All people that help me polish this mod with keep posting feedback or bug

If you satisfied with my mod feel free to comment or rep me if not then just press "Delete" on your keyboard.Fair enough right

Any modder who want use this mod to his content,please leave me note either pm,vm,or post comment,its not hard request right ?
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 22, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2

Looks interesting. What does factor_attackdir in kv rules do by the way? +Rep for nice work
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Kv rules work reduced kill ratio without the need to change the stats like we always do, kv morale to reduce morale drop so troop not rout easily,and that mean you be able manouver your troop like flanking enemy,combined both of this you get battle that match DEI without even need to change any stats, just read here for more info.

Thanks for the +Rep
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 01, 2014 at 03:35 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Thanks for touching the AI tweaks. Where I can download the CAI part? Is it included in above download?

Quote Originally Posted by angelofhavoc View Post
    Thanks for touching the AI tweaks. Where I can download the CAI part? Is it included in above download?
    Yep that correct everything in one nice bundle

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.2

Updated for 1.3 version

Storm clouds gather over Europe, mistrust and rivalries between realms threaten to break and flood the world in a tide of Total War
    Sorry for haste update, this quote from Medieval 2 is perfect word to reflect the 1.3 version, enjoy the update, and watch your back
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 01, 2014 at 09:42 AM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.3

Teach the AI to better protect its cities
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    Teach the AI to better protect its cities
    In shogun 2 there is a value that represent AI priority to repel invader from his teritory, its name was
    REGION_DEFENCE

In rome 2 there is no value that state REGION_DEFENCE, so there is 3 possibility if i add this new value
    1.With luck the game understand the new value and make AI def properly
    2. The game reject new value and its crash
    3. The game didnt crash but its cant accept new value, so there is no effect at all

And the biggest problem is even its work you cant tell if this work or not since there is no indicator, other that CAI def more properly.In rome 2 campaign manager behaviour became more simple then shogun 2. I cant say this is bad or good, perhaps they found new ways to cutting edge and make its more efficient

What are all the entries that regulate CAI?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    In shogun 2 there is a value that represent AI priority to repel invader from his teritory, its name was
    REGION_DEFENCE

In rome 2 there is no value that state REGION_DEFENCE, so there is 3 possibility if i add this new value
    1.With luck the game understand the new value and make AI def properly
    2. The game reject new value and its crash
    3. The game didnt crash but its cant accept new value, so there is no effect at all

And the biggest problem is even its work you cant tell if this work or not since there is no indicator, other that CAI def more properly.In rome 2 campaign manager behaviour became more simple then shogun 2. I cant say this is bad or good, perhaps they found new ways to cutting edge and make its more efficient
    you mean these REGION DEFENCE values in the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table dont exist? (Not meaning to offend, just trying to be a bit of a smart arse )

REGION_DEFENCE_ATTACK_NEUTRAL_CHARACTERS_BELOW
    REGION_DEFENCE_BASE_PRIORITIES_BORDERS
    REGION_DEFENCE_BASE_PRIORITIES_GROUPING
    REGION_DEFENCE_BASE_PRIORITIES_RESERVES
    REGION_DEFENCE_BASE_PRIORITIES_SETTLEMENT
    REGION_DEFENCE_BASE_PRIORITIES_SLOTS
    REGION_DEFENCE_BASE_PRIORITIES_UNHAPPINESS_MITIGATION
    REGION_DEFENCE_SLOT_DEFENCE_VALUE_BIAS
    REGION_DEFENCE_STRENGTH_ANALYSER_ARMED_CITIZENRY_SCALING
    REGION_DEFENCE_STRENGTH_ANALYSER_EXTERNAL_REGIONS_FORCE_SCALING
    REGION_DEFENCE_STRENGTH_ANALYSER_INTERNAL_FORCE_SCALING

If you'd like to see more ways to edit the AI, check out all the cai and camaign_ai tables that have been edited in Vae Victis mod. You removed your dl link, so I cant see which table you have already edited but you say the REGION_DEFENCE values don't exist in Rome 2 soyou clearly aren't using the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table. Or have you tested them and found them to have no effect?

Once I've finished the Vae Victis Campaign AI overhaul I'll be sure to do a tutorial to explain how it all works.

Till then pm if you have any Q's I may be able to help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    you mean these REGION DEFENCE values in the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table dont exist? (Not meaning to offend, just trying to be a bit of a smart arse )

If you'd like to see more ways to edit the AI, check out all the cai and camaign_ai tables that have been edited in Vae Victis mod. You removed your dl link, so I cant see which table you have already edited but you say the REGION_DEFENCE values don't exist in Rome 2 so you clearly aren't using the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table. Or have you tested them and found them to have no effect?

Once I've finished the Vae Victis Campaign AI overhaul I'll be sure to do a tutorial to explain how it all works.

Wunderbarr Magnar , thanks for the tip, i am a shogun 2 modder that recently just move up to rome 2 , so there is bit confused about some db location, but i realy appreciated the info, as db editor, i will rep you for this, because its also help me too

When you mod shogun 2 Region_defence value also on campaign_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions_tables, that why i can said "In rome 2 there is no value that state REGION_DEFENCE", because its located on different db table that was campaign_ai_personality_junctions, it seem i dont look closely , also i am forget that region defense value also on campaign_ai_personality_junctions in shogun 2, i will put my mod link when i finish corrected the mistake that make its crash.

If you'd like to see more ways to edit the AI, check out all the cai and camaign_ai tables that have been edited in Vae Victis mod. You removed your dl link, so I cant see which table you have already edited but you say the REGION_DEFENCE values don't exist in Rome 2 so you clearly aren't using the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table. Or have you tested them and found them to have no effect?

Thanks for the offer, i will pm you when i have something to ask, i am very glad someone offer help support directly
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 02, 2014 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post

If you'd like to see more ways to edit the AI, check out all the cai and camaign_ai tables that have been edited in Vae Victis mod. You removed your dl link, so I cant see which table you have already edited but you say the REGION_DEFENCE values don't exist in Rome 2 soyou clearly aren't using the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table. Or have you tested them and found them to have no effect?

you could make a video tutorial on how the CAI and BAI work if it´s not too much of a hassle.

Sorry for messy installation, i am still adjusting from user script into mod manager. All download link has been enabled, now its working like normal mod that used mod manager.Also i added regional defence value, thanks for Magnar input. Sorry for the trouble and enjoy the proper release

is your mod can work with Champloo diplomatic mod ? i like his mod because AI now accept trade more , accept become satrapy more when they weaker i will try your mod and let see AI attack each other more , spam more unit or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    is your mod can work with Champloo diplomatic mod ? i like his mod because AI now accept trade more , accept become satrapy more when they weaker i will try your mod and let see AI attack each other more , spam more unit or not
    There is no diplomacy value tweaked in V 1.3,so its seem the ai has been a bit rough end in term of negotiation, i still learning how things worked, since i am shogun 2 modder, that was barely knew rome 2 modding db structure, especialy its just less then a week i am into rome 2 modding scene, but i will try catch up in the mean time, the mod itself as usual will constanly updated

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 03, 2014 at 07:00 AM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.4

Updated to 1.4 Version, read the change log for more info

I'm just interested in the CAI and Diplomacy parts, I don't want to change battle or tweak the arrows. So is there any version with my requirements? and will youu upload this to steam? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    I'm just interested in the CAI and Diplomacy parts, I don't want to change battle or tweak the arrows. So is there any version with my requirements? and will youu upload this to steam? Thanks.
    Well for arrow tweak i already have intended to make separate version, i already plan to update this mod in 1-2 days, about the battle AI what i done is just make it more slower into acceptable level with the most simple and efficient tweak, since its created to work with another mod, but i guess its not realy hard to create separate bundle. So in the next update i will make :

- Complete bundle Better AI (CAI,BAI,arrow,mostly new stuff).Probably have problem compatible with different mods,especialy regarding projectile table
    - CAI and BAI only, both should work with any mod in rome 2 modding scene
    - Just CAI part, so its even 100 % absolutley fit into any mod without problem, especialy if someone utilize the CAI part but want to keep default or modified BAI from vanilla or other mod.

So Its win win solution i think, just visit my thread 1-3 day after today, you will see its already updated.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 06, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

AI sometimes forgot about their agents and armies . Sometimes i see their agents and generals stand in a religion and do nothing for many turns . and i see many values in the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table , i see you only change a few row . How about change another row ? increase value of this row more ? do AI fight better after we increase those values more ?

Icon8 Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Rome 2 V 1.4

AI sometimes forgot about their agents and armies
    My mod dont change any value that regarding with agent behaviour, so its maybe not from my mod, i see something similiar like you said regarding armies that stand in region and do passive, back there i think its bug, but later after watching closely i just know they just wait for the right moment to attack, since this type of CAI not suicidal one, if they cant penetrate player or enemy defence and sure to lauch succesfull invasion,they rather stay passive near enemy border close to attack, but also close to defend their teritory.And i see this is the wise decision

and i see many values in the campaign_ai_personality_junctions_table , i see you only change a few row
    Yes why i need change many row, dont another mod already do that, also do you truly understand about what value you change, now let me ask you something,do you truly believe that all value created by Creative assembly is purely ? Have you sure that all change by modder is absolutely TRUE ? Are you sure the more change you made than its mean more better the original ?

MINIMUM_CHANCE_OF_SUCCESS control winning chance for CAI so no suicidal decision occur like send small army to capture heavily garrison Region
    INVASION_OBTAINING_LOCAL_MOBILES_ARMY_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER_FOR_BALANCE_TYPE_BALANCED
    INVASION_OBTAINING_LOCAL_MOBILES_ARMY_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER_FOR_BALANCE_TYPE_DEFAULT
    INVASION_OBTAINING_LOCAL_MOBILES_ARMY_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER_FOR_BALANCE_TYPE_INVASION
    INVASION_OBTAINING_LOCAL_MOBILES_ARMY_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER_FOR_BALANCE_TYPE_RAPID
    This part control CAI invasion, so the logic is the bigger the number the more aggresive its become

REGION_DEFENCE_BASE_PRIORITIES_BORDERS control how CAI priority for its border. The Bigger the value the more CAI stay guarding his border
    How about change another row ?
    When people try to add new value, you must understand for what reason you tweak this number, for example,right now CAI is aggresive enough, and you want to focus his aggresion into building a lot of navy instead land unit so we increase the tweak on value like
    NAVY_RECRUITMENT_MINIMUM_RELATIVE_STRENGTH or NAVY_RECRUITMENT_MINIMUM_STRENGTH, i will increase the row gradualy, but its something that cant be forced, since its like drawing, you need some sort of feeling will the game is right or wrong after you change this. And you can only discovered it by testing the game itself, which took time.
    do AI fight better after we increase those values more ?
    Yes and no, depend on what value you tweak and do you understand if you tweak that value what the outcome will be for CAI ? When you want the CAI do specific thing you should tweak campaign_ai_personality_junctions,but when to control CAI global behaviour you should tweak cai_personalities_tables.

And since my mod is for using with any mod , for example, all in one, radious, dei, any of these mods have different value on campaign_ai_personality_junctions, so if i change lot of value from this i also erase the reason they put certain value on certain place, for example maybe radious put bigger on land invasion but dei put bigger on navy invasion or any mod put bigger value on different place for different reason. Why i should replace this value that give certain mod have unique feeling ???

You must understand that table that control CAI global behaviour is cai_personalities_tables, ROME II is role playing game where every faction have unique character, some faction like gaul is warmonger but stupid in diplomacy, other like athena is peacefull country but wicked on diplomacy. other like sparta is trusted and reliable nation while some eastern faction is love of trade and backstabber and coward.

What i work here just combine the best personality so we get a faction that love to war, but wise and cunning on diplomacy, also stategic and oppurtunist in decision, and have only ultimate goals during game play that is to Expand and Conquer by any mean neccessary.

This mod contain the essence of making the gameplay better, first from BAI where battle is slower and need more tactical approach to defeat Secondly from CAI where now every faction became Hitler,Alexander,or Julius Caesar in grand scheme to conquest using military might or diplomacy via alliance, thirdly from winning chance where now CAI now will take fight on winning term, using Sun Tzu strategy: fight when you think you can win, retreat when you think you cant fight the battle, this is the essence of warfare,and now CAI implement this system, instead rushing to their doom fighting something they cant win, now they wait the right oppurtunity which is many.

When you want to mod CAI you need ask this, for what reason i tweak this value ??? Is there specific goal i want set to CAI ??? If you dont , then you just like blind man walking into heavy traffic street . I guess its should satisfied your curiosity
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 09, 2014 at 02:21 PM.

Page 1 of 66 12345678910112651 ... LastLast