Thread: The Attila pre-order DLC mini-poll - get your votes in!

Icon5 The Attila pre-order DLC mini-poll - get your votes in!

There seems to be a fair amount of debate surrounding the announcement of the Viking Forefathers DLC and the recent gameplay update.

So, to help us get an idea on community opinion I will put together a mini-survey of about 16 questions.

Before I put it together, just throwing it open to which questions you would like to be asked? Here are some potentials to get the ball rolling:

NB - I'm going to be finalizing the survey any minute so it's last chance to get your suggestions in.

1) Do you intend to or have you already pre-ordered Attila: Total War?

2) If "no" to the above, do you intend to buy Attila after reviews and feedback?

3) Did you pre-order Rome 2?

4) How likely are you to buy the Viking Forefather Culture Pack after release? (please do not answer if you have/intend to pre-order)

5) From the info available, how interested are you in the content of the Culture Pack?

6) Do you think the post-release price of £5.99/€7.49/$7.99 represents good or bad value?

7) Has the announcement of this DLC affected how likely you are to buy the game?

8) How much, if at all, has the announcement of the DLC affected your attitude towards CA?

9) How much, if at all, has the announcement of the DLC affected your attitude towards SEGA?

10) How excited are you about the forthcoming release of Attila?

11) How many culture/playable factions DLCs would you like to see released in the future in the future?

12) Please choose your top three of the following options that best reflect what you would like to see in future DLCs:

a) Culture packs, playable factions
    b) Cosmetic features (such as blood and gore)
    c) Unique unit packs (such as War elephants)
    d) Campaign content without gameplay improvements/changes (Such as HatG)
    e) Campaign content with extra gameplay features (such as new season system with CiG)

13) How interested/satisfied are you with the recent gameplay changes announced in the recent Diplomacy & Politics Feature Spotlight?

14) Do you think the features mentioned in this announcement should also be implemented into Rome 2, either for free or as a paid-for DLC?

15) Would you consider buying existing Rome 2 DLC if these gameplay features were added to the game?

16) How strongly do you feel Huns should a faction that is playable at release?
    Last edited by Fredrin; November 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Attila pre-order DLC mini-poll - get your votes in!

Good questions, well worded. I think you should go with this.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Default Re: The Attila pre-order DLC mini-survey - collecting questions & feedback now

Cheers. Quite a good one that's been suggested on the official forums is "How many culture/playable factions DLCs would you like to see released in the future in the future?". Or perhaps tweak this to include a faction/content vs gameplay/features angle.
    Last edited by Fredrin; November 28, 2014 at 05:55 AM.

Or 'would you like to see culture pack DLCs in the future' at all or add the words 'or would you prefer extra factions to be released alongside more substantial content, like CiG or HatG?'

Quote Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post
    Or 'would you like to see culture pack DLCs in the future' at all or add the words 'or would you prefer extra factions to be released alongside more substantial content, like CiG or HatG?'
    How about something like this:

If you had to choose between new content (such as playable factions/campaigns) or gameplay features (such as politics, family tree, character traits), which would prefer to see in future DLCs?

OK, but also a question, should factions be released as DLC on their own or only in combination with other content.

Quote Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post
    OK, but also a question, should factions be released as DLC on their own or only in combination with other content.

Mmmm, good point.

Maybe we could have it as a "rank according to priority question" and have the options as:

- Playable factions
    - Extra campaigns
    - Gameplay features

Added question 10.

"How many culture/playable factions DLCs would you like to see released in the future in the future?"

Personally I'm sick to death of the things but it will be interesting to know what you lot think.

I have added a few questions that take into account the recent Politics and Diplomacy gameplay additions for Attila. See above, questions 11 - 16.
    Last edited by Fredrin; November 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Last chance for any questions/suggestions as I'm about to finish making the survey.