Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(02/20/2018 update)

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak. projectiles stay forever, campaign camera zoom range, ship disembark at occupied spot, battle weather designate(updated for build 17561)

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Hey ysl
    Thanks for your work buddy. I really appreciate it.

I used to create my own versions with your previous update but now I can't, for the life of me.
    So if you have the time, could you please make a striped down version with only the load increases, ultra textures for certain objects, blood stains wont fade out, certain effects don't vanish (blood stain) and no fading for units-artilery ???
    These are the features I really wanna to use.

Cheers and thanks again.
    You can just delete those features you don't need and save the file. The first group(three terms) are necessary though.
    If you have trouble doing it by yourself, let me know and I can do it for you.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak. projectiles stay forever, campaign camera zoom range, ship disembark at occupied spot, battle weather designate(updated for build 17561)

Quote Originally Posted by ysl View Post
    You can just delete those features you don't need and save the file. The first group(three terms) are necessary though.
    If you have trouble doing it by yourself, let me know and I can do it for you.
    Hey, thanks for your quick reply mate.
    The thing is I have done it before and even created sub-versions for others. But with the latest update some entries lacking names, so it's somehow confusing to just delete them
    and though have tried it, it crashes my game sadly. I even tried to rewrite the code in notepad. Sounds weird but I'm not sure what's happening
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 13, 2017 at 10:38 AM.

Hey, thanks for your quick reply mate.
    The thing is I have done it before and even created sub-versions for others. But with the latest update some entries lacking names, so it's somehow confusing to just delete them
    and though have tried it, it crashes my game sadly. I even tried to rewrite the code in notepad. Sounds weird but I'm not sure what's happening
    Here it is. Hopefully this works fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here it is. Hopefully this works fine.
    I'm gonna test it ASAP. May I ask what's the last empty setting ? Cause I have tried with a similar setup, only difference is the last empty field.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PS
    Tried it. It doesn't crash but I think the increased load distance is not working,
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 13, 2017 at 11:37 AM.

Civis

Double Posted. Google Spam confirmation bug.
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; December 13, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

Civis

reposting.
    Can anyone please make a video showing us how this game looks and plays with 1080ti and i7 8700k and post it on Youtube. Just curious, I tried pushing settings to max but my GPU can't handle this (hd 6950).
    How far gtx 1080ti can push. or Can be any other very strong graphic card.
    Thanks.

I'm gonna test it ASAP. May I ask what's the last empty setting ? Cause I have tried with a similar setup, only difference is the last empty field.
    PS
    Tried it. It doesn't crash but I think the increased load distance is not working,
    Some features require more than one term to function properly and I choose to name the first term in the description and put the other terms under it as one group.
    If you only delete those un-named terms of a feature, it will surely fail. Therefore, in case you want to remove a feature, you should delete the entire group.
    Also, the LOD increase feature is working normally.

Some features require more than one term to function properly and I choose to name the first term in the description and put the other terms under it as one group.
    If you only delete those un-named terms of a feature, it will surely fail. Therefore, in case you want to remove a feature, you should delete the entire group.
    Also, the LOD increase feature is working normally.
    I managed to make it work again, with your help and explanation of course.
    Can't thank you more. Plus rep of course for your work.

Cheers buddy.

Anyone have it for build 16155 please

Quote Originally Posted by Youssef Gad View Post
    Anyone have it for build 16155 please

Sure.
    Here you are mate.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 14, 2017 at 06:21 AM.

Foederatus

Hey ysl, has making versions for Warhammer ever crossed your mind? Just a little curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecke View Post
    Hey ysl, has making versions for Warhammer ever crossed your mind? Just a little curious.
    This tool involves editting of machine code in the memory, which I don’t know if it is still possible since CA introduced DENUVO protection into Warhammer.
    Besides, my pc isn’t good enough to fully enjoy it. As a result, it’s very unlikely for me to provide similar tweak for Warhammer. A shame indeed.
    Last edited by ysl; December 14, 2017 at 11:59 AM.

This tool involves editting of machine code in the memory, which I don’t know if it is still possible since CA introduced DENUVO protection into Warhammer.
    Besides, my pc isn’t good enough to fully enjoy it. As a result, it’s very unlikely for me to provide similar tweak for Warhammer. A shame indeed.
    In Warhammer 1-2 CA removed most of the scripted animations and matched combat, so the engine is actually much lighter than Rome 2 and smoother.

Thank you very much

Sure.
    Here you are mate.
    Thanks

Can you tell how to save your selected features in order to load them when opening the program and not having to select everything everytime I want to run the game? it's painful.

Thanks!

Foederatus

That's a bummer. Oh well, at least we have Rome 2.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I skimmed the first few pages but I might have missed it.

I just got this up and running and can actually see some of the effects in game. If I want to tweak a setting (like say the grass range), can I do it while the game is running? Do I just change the value in CE and alt-tab back into the game, do I need to hit ctrl+f4 and ctrl+f5 again? Do I need to save the setting file first so it doesn't get overwritten?

Thanks in advance for the help, first time using cheat engine.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoosh View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I skimmed the first few pages but I might have missed it.

I just got this up and running and can actually see some of the effects in game. If I want to tweak a setting (like say the grass range), can I do it while the game is running? Do I just change the value in CE and alt-tab back into the game, do I need to hit ctrl+f4 and ctrl+f5 again? Do I need to save the setting file first so it doesn't get overwritten?

Thanks in advance for the help, first time using cheat engine.
    Yes you can change the value while the game is running and you don't have to do the activating procedure again.
    However, some value don't take effect in real time during a battle. For those, you need to change the value and then load a battle for them to be effective.

All the value are binded to the hotkey shift+F5, which I set to activate all functions. As long as you don't edit those hotkey setting, they won't be overwritten by changing value in the value cloumn.
    On the other hand, if you prefer a different value for a certain function and don't want to manually input it everytime, you can bind that value to the hotkey.
    To do so, right-click on the term you want to edit, choose Set/Change hotkeys, choose the existing hotkey and click Edit Hotkey.
    Then select "Set Value To" in the drop-down list, input your desired value below and click Apply. Finally, save the .CT file.

Yes you can change the value while the game is running and you don't have to do the activating procedure again.
    However, some value don't take effect in real time during a battle. For those, you need to change the value and then load a battle for them to be effective.

All the value are binded to the hotkey shift+F5, which I set to activate all functions. As long as you don't edit those hotkey setting, they won't be overwritten by changing value in the value cloumn.
    On the other hand, if you prefer a different value for a certain function and don't want to manually input it everytime, you can bind that value to the hotkey.
    To do so, right-click on the term you want to edit, choose Set/Change hotkeys, choose the existing hotkey and click Edit Hotkey.
    Then select "Set Value To" in the drop-down list, input your desired value below and click Apply. Finally, save the .CT file.
    Thanks, got it to work. I'm loving the improved graphics though now I need to upgrade my CPU [emoji23]

Out of curiosity what are your specs? I assume the default settings in the file are what you play with normally do it would be cool to compare.

I'm using a gtx1080 with an i5 4670k to play at 2560x1600. In DEI my fps with your settings is between 30-60 with small unit sizes.