Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(02/20/2018 update)

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak (updated for v2.2.0 build 15558.627558)

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    I think the modders and machinima creators should act more united and reasonable vocal on this subject. I think some of them have better connections to CA, especially those that visited the summit. Currently I feel that your worthy thread is just not on their agenda Alexandros, as long as more prominent names don't chip in for this really small but important issue.
    I want to point out again that the most reasonable solution would be a toggle not a rollback to the previous state as some seem to appreciate the fadeout cam change, which is also understandable.
    I will make a poll about that issue, unfortunately icant implement it into the already existing thread i have made.
    But it really makes me wonder why they ignore such a simple thing that it is obvious that irritates alot many total war supporters such as me,
    WHat made me angry was the fact that i mailed Jack lusted and he simply ignored me, they just dont care, wth?
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak (updated for v2.2.0 build 15558.627558)

Could you release a version that only changes the unit fade? Or tell me how to please? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by divine_os View Post
    Could you release a version that only changes the unit fade? Or tell me how to please? Cheers.
    Here it is. Hope it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Works great thanks mate you're a legend

Tired of TWC Arrogance

I am very interested in this mod but have been unable to make it work. Perhaps it's the downloading the "Cheat" application and then the odd way you have to activate it that is both creating concern and confusion and that's what is holding it back? Given I cant get it to work, it is certainly a problem for me

Perhaps it's the Shift F4, Open the campaign window, press Shift and F5, and then carry on that I am not understanding - just doesn't seem logical to a non techy like me.
    Last edited by Pdguru; December 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    I am very interested in this mod but have been unable to make it work. Perhaps it's the downloading the "Cheat" application and then the odd way you have to activate it that is both creating concern and confusion and that's what is holding it back? Given I cant get it to work, it is certainly a problem for me

Perhaps it's the Shift F4, Open the campaign window, press Shift and F5, and then carry on that I am not understanding - just doesn't seem logical to a non techy like me.
    Hi, thanks for your interest. Apparently it fails to work for some users, but currently I can't reproduce the error because I myself haven't experienced it.
    Honestly, I have next-to-non knowledge on computer science/programming, so I am not sure if I can fix it.

However, I know there is a cheat engine script file which you can download from this post:
    http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtop...er=asc&start=0
    I believe this file can cope with the in-game code check, which is probably the culprit for the problem caused by my trainer.(my method to deal with the code check may not be perfect.)
    I try to activate that file, then apply my tweaks, and it works just fine. In case you want to try it yourself, I provide the merged file download below.
    How to use:
    1. start your Rome 2 and reach main menu. Go back to desktop and double click on the downloaded .CT file to start cheat engine. Attach it to Rome2.exe
    2. activate the first and second item by clicking on the check box at their left. Then press shift+F5 to activate my tweaks. Now it is done and you can close cheat engine or leave it there.

Hopefully this works so that you can at least see the visual effects in game. All credits goes to Recifense, the author of that script file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ysl; December 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM.

game always not responding when use the test after do as you write , i go back to game , load my camp and game crash when loading oh i use hotkey Shift + F4 , then Shift + F5 in game menu , or i use hotkey in game destop , then go back to game menu and load my save ? do i need change all Option to High ? i only set Unit detail as Ultra , all other option set to low
    Last edited by Tiger tank; December 28, 2014 at 05:08 AM.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys the "fade out only" file works for me, you only have to press shift+f4 while in menu AND THEN GO TO THE LOAD CAMPAIGN SCREEN AND THEN PRESS SHIFT+F5, this is absolutely crucial as YSL says in his instructions otherwise the file wont work, as strange as it might sound when you press both keys in the main menu without entering first the load campaign screen the game will crash.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Tired of TWC Arrogance

I have done that from the get-go, but this will not work at all for me, in any way. Bummer.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

OK, I got the test file to work! Splendid! +Rep

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Hello! Absolutely adore this mod/trainer! I have a question though Is there a way to choose what effects to use? For example I'd like to try what settings don't kill my fps to much, like better shadows and no unit fade etc and so on, now it is all effects or none. I've tried to load it into Cheat engine to active separate effects from there, but it dosen't work Any help?

Edit: Alright, so I loaded it up in cheat engine and made a new trainer from it, just changed the buttons for activating different effects
    Last edited by Slashas; December 29, 2014 at 06:47 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Wish there was just a way to use the file without the cheat engine thing

look above Toon

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    look above Toon
    .....and??? there is no version that works without the cheat engine thing

Hi YSL,can i get the original version you uploaded?I think it should be for version 15539

Finally got it working! +Rep!!

Could you make a separate LOD version too? I fear that even if it works it the other graphical tweaks cause massive lag some 15 minutes into the battle.

So far this is one of the best mod/utility around. Something that CA should have addressed itself.
    I hope they will adjust this thing back in the game as it's a relly NEEDED one.

Quote Originally Posted by EQtreebranch View Post
    Hi YSL,can i get the original version you uploaded?I think it should be for version 15539
    Since that steam will force updating to the latest version(15558), I have no back up for the trainer of obsolete version. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by FieryMastermind View Post
    Finally got it working! +Rep!!

Could you make a separate LOD version too? I fear that even if it works it the other graphical tweaks cause massive lag some 15 minutes into the battle.
    You can use cheat engine to load that file and change hotkey or desired value for each item. Just like what Slashas did in post #51.
    By the way, is it my original .CETRAINER or the test file in post #46 that works for you? I can base on the one that works and do the job for you.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Bump. This is an outstanding mod/app. Thanks again.

do not work for me stupid unit fade