View Poll Results: Will you be preordering Total War: ATTILA?

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 20.62%
  • No

222 68.31%
  • Not sure

36 11.08%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Will you be preordering Total War: ATTILA?

Default Re: Will you be preordering Total War: ATTILA?

The price tells us everything.

Its not an upgraded Rome II, its a simplified one. Why? Because its cheaper.

We know the only thing the developers seem to be caring about in the past times, since the marketing and DLC fest of Rome II, is money, so there's your answer to whatever Atilla will be better than Rome II or not.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles Lacedaemon View Post
    The price tells us everything.

Its not an upgraded Rome II, its a simplified one. Why? Because its cheaper.

We know the only thing the developers seem to be caring about in the past times, since the marketing and DLC fest of Rome II, is money, so there's your answer to whatever Atilla will be better than Rome II or not.
    What in the seven hells did I just read? Thats a terrible reason. And Ill probably preorder it closer to release... so ashamed of myself.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

EmperorJulian's Avatar Civitate

I might ultimately buy Attila, but it wont be until after it's out in the wild. Preordering does me no good; it also implies (to an extent) that there was nothing wrong with Rome II's release or the hype train that preceded it. Hell, our benefactors are already doing what they did last go-around with day 1 DLC: free (of course) if you buy early enough. As much as I like the time period Attila is set in, I feel obliged to postpone gratification so I don't get burnt again.
    Under the Patronage of Valus the Indefatigable.

Said no, but not specifically because of anything CA did or didn't do with previous games (R2:TW irritated me far less than it did a lot of people)....I've soured on the idea of preordering games in general, from anybody. There aren't any other products I'd buy without actually having product in hand, why would a game be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by iWarsaw View Post
    What in the seven hells did I just read? Thats a terrible reason. And Ill probably preorder it closer to release... so ashamed of myself.
    A terrible reason hmm?

Welcome to how business and game development works. ( in 80% of the cases, and yes CA/SEGA is included in this category )

But even still, if you want a less " evil " reason, because you still belive that entrepreneurship and game developers these days are fair and flawless, then I can simply state that the reason for a game to cost less is because less budget was/will be used to develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles Lacedaemon View Post
    A terrible reason hmm?

Welcome to how business and game development works. ( in 80% of the cases, and yes CA/SEGA is included in this category )

But even still, if you want a less " evil " reason, because you still belive that entrepreneurship and game developers these days are fair and flawless, then I can simply state that the reason for a game to cost less is because less budget was/will be used to develop it.
    That's not a terrible reason -that's a non sensical one

As Attila was based at 80% on Rome 2 of coyrse it needed less budget to be as good as Rome2 so it can be sold at a lower price to a greater number of people and produce better margin

So it will probably be an even better game than Rome2 -same as Napoleon compared to Empire and FoTs to Shogun

btWw I already preordered and quite happy to sustain a great gaming company

There is a system in many stores that allows a certain kind of pre-ordering. You can pre-order any product available to pre-order and when it is released you go to the store, pay cash, and take the said product. If you don't show up after a certain amount of days after the product has been released (usually a week), then the order is cancelled. I have done three pre-orders in my life, all through this system and the products were The Witcher 2, Rome II and The Witcher 3. The reason I pre-ordered these games was because I wanted the Collector's Edition (I wanted something to remember these definitive games of my most beloved franchises and I buy maximum 5 games a year in total) and there was a risk not being able to find a Collector's Edition available otherwise. It was a mistake to go blindly to the store, without waiting at least a day or two to hear the initial reactions of the players, and to give away 120€ for what turned out to be an epic fail of a launch. Silly me.

But at least this system minimizes the risk and allows you to "lock" a game withought actually paying any money beforehand.

This poll would be more meaningful if people could choose between whether they've pre-ordered Rome II or not.
    The Armenian Issue

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

I have pre-ordered it, despite some reservations, this however is the last time I will do so if CA don't get it right. I love the TW series, and did enjoy Rome 2 despite the issues, but if they make a mess of this one... then I will be avoiding all future TW titles until such time as they are fully patched and reviewed. Maybe I should avoid this one, and maybe it isn't sensible considering their recent track record, but I will place my trust in CA one last time.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I'M PRE-ORDERING AN EXTRA COPY FOR EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T PRE-ORDER JUST TO SPITE THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    This poll would be more meaningful if people could choose between whether they've pre-ordered Rome II or not.
    No it wouldn't. it would be absolutely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    No it wouldn't. it would be absolutely meaningless.
    It's meaningless to see how the trend of pre-ordering changes from Rome II to Attila?
    The Armenian Issue

It's meaningless to see how the trend of pre-ordering changes from Rome II to Attila?
    It is when the topic does not ask for it. If you want to know something like that you could just make your own thread and poll.

I to would like to see a comparison between the percentage of those who said they would (or in fact did) pre-order Rome II and those who have said they will pre-order Attila. I'm sure someone must have made a poll asking this same question 18 months ago or so.

Ultimately it doesn't matter though since time well tell how well Attila does by comparison to Rome II.

Hey guys, taking the poll on this thread as inspiration, I'm setting up a mini-survey to ask some more detailed questions about this DLC and peoples' feelings about it and the main game.

It's in a new thread here, if you're interested: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-your-votes-in!

It will probably take me a day or so to put together so any suggestions for questions, wording or whatever, please get them in now.
    Last edited by Fredrin; November 28, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

"Will you be pre ordering Atilla?"

Hell No!

That should also be on the poll

Decanus

What about, "I'd rather crap in my hands and clap than pre-order Atilla?"

I am getting better at delayed TW gratification so, no.

Cobi Wan Kenobi's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by SKSlave View Post
    What about, "I'd rather crap in my hands and clap than pre-order Atilla?"
    lol
    This will be the last time I pre order if CA/Sega bites my hand again.

Quote Originally Posted by pyj99 View Post
    That's not a terrible reason -that's a non sensical one

As Attila was based at 80% on Rome 2 of coyrse it needed less budget to be as good as Rome2 so it can be sold at a lower price to a greater number of people and produce better margin

So it will probably be an even better game than Rome2 -same as Napoleon compared to Empire and FoTs to Shogun

btWw I already preordered and quite happy to sustain a great gaming company

But Napoleon was not that different from ETW, in fact it was identical (not 100% exactly, but you get my point). I dont know much about FoTs-Shogun but I dont think its much of a different case.

This game, on the other hand, even if it uses the same engine, it promises new " everything ", like factions, cities, models and textures of all units, buildings, campaing maps, UI, AI, historical background, traits, multiplayer, scripts, resources, descriptions, features and mechanics that are new compared to Rome II, and a lot of things that I cant list because I cant remember, or dont know about yet. In the case of Napoleon, for example, you could say it was the same game as ETW, but with some tweaks and multiplayer focus, but nothing brand new as a new historical period with new ways of fighting and administrating your faction, and with the scale Attila wants to achieve, it does not make sense for it to be cheaper as it sounds like an "upgraded Rome II". If Atilla was the same price as Rome II, then I would understand, but its considerably cheaper, and its not like ~80% of the cost/budget is because of the engine alone.

Afterall, why would they claim Attila as a new title, rather than an expansion? Anyway I get your point, and you're probably right... maybe... Idk.