Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Legions of Rome

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: IMPERIAL LEGIONS OF ROME

Sorry, I meant the Gladiator movie Praetorians

Quote Originally Posted by itleonard View Post
    Commudus may be the next character. Only so i can add him to the campaign map along with maximus and marcus.
    I suggest to give Commodus the white armor and white dress of the last duel, it looks very cool.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Next unit:

Tribuni Militum

Military tribunes (tribuni militum) were originally infantry commanders. Under the early republic there were six to a legion; some were appointed by the consuls (chief executives) or military commanders, and others were elected by the people. Under the empire (after 27 bc) the military tribunate was a preliminary part of a senatorial or an equestrian career and subject to the emperor’s nomination. Tribunes commanded bodyguard units and auxiliary cohorts.

The tribune will work as a mid-level commander on the field
    The unit will have a small cavalry guard equipped with a spathas as their primary weapens
    Will also be available as a cinematic unit

The tribune himself will be identifiable by his white cloak and purple stripe on his tunic

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tb.jpg  
    Last edited by LEONARDO THE GREAT; January 15, 2015 at 05:19 AM.

Very nice addition

It is unfortunate that such a strong modder engaged in toys like Maximus or Commodus.

Have you considered putting your great legions on in suitable timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Have you considered putting your great legions on in suitable timeframe?
    can you rephrase, i do not understand the question

Uhm... the model is nice. But can I suggest you change the position of the long sword on the hand? It doesn't look very natural right now. Currently it looks like the soldier hold the sword like this: _| But the way the fist is modeled makes it looks off. I think you should change the position of the sword to be held like this: _/ I think it looks better with the current fist model. Just my idea

can you rephrase, i do not understand the question
    Sorry, Have you considered changing statpos: date and regions to suit Antonine era?

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    Uhm... the model is nice. But can I suggest you change the position of the long sword on the hand? It doesn't look very natural right now. Currently it looks like the soldier hold the sword like this: _| But the way the fist is modeled makes it looks off. I think you should change the position of the sword to be held like this: _/ I think it looks better with the current fist model. Just my idea
    that was just the angle of the pic, i did not adjust placement of the spatha, it is set to the vanilla placement . here is a better view

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-01-15_00001.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Sorry, Have you considered changing statpos: date and regions to suit Antonine era?
    well the date would probably not be that difficult to change, however the regions would require heavy startpos modding. I am not a startpos editor so someone else would have to volunteer to take on that project

I have been trying But I keep doing something wrong. I thought I would just keep it very simple at first, using Augustus map. I will let you know if I succeed

Have you thought about third century legionary? Simply take those Marines and give them lorica squamata.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Quote Originally Posted by andrew881thebest View Post
    Have you thought about third century legionary? Simply take those Marines and give them lorica squamata.
    True, but third C legions did not all wear lorica squamata in fact most 'probably' wore hamata

But truly these legions and some of the others (for me at least) need a later date to be campaigned in, against the Parthians, various Germanic tribes, and of course fellow Romans ...from my point of view the second most ideal scenario

PS would need a Septimius Severus character
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; January 16, 2015 at 12:57 AM.

I suggest a very good website (it's in Italian but use Google translator) for late roman armors and soldiers,
    http://soldatiromanideltardoimpero.b...a-del.html?m=1

I found there that main armor for third century was lorica squamata such that showed in second picture together with some hamata (surely they still had those made in previous centuries) . I think that squamata was cheaper and in third century there was a big economic crisis.
    I noticed that even if some Shields are simply flat oval so the standard model of auxiliary infantry could be used, some others are oval but convex keeping something of the convex shape of the early empire shield. Maybe this model was more expensive, I suppose, so in later period (4th century) it was abandoned (but not in palatine soldiers) to go back to oval/round shield in simple wood panel (not overlapping wooden panels which were used since samnitic wars to prevent javelins from piercing), going a lot back in time, to 5th century BC, as technique of construction.
    Last edited by andrew881thebest; January 16, 2015 at 06:11 AM.

A full-fledged 3rd century mod for Attila may be a possibly , but not for Rome II

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

A full-fledged 3rd century mod for Attila may be a possibly , but not for Rome II
    Seeing more and more Attila footage with armours/tunics/etc from Rome 2 in them, so if we're lucky, a large chunk of Rome 2's stuff will also be included in Attila. If not, it wouldn't be too hard to port stuff over from Rome 2 (assuming CA doesn't mind, which they might, understandably).

So we have had a 4th century mod overhaul (Costantinus) but we cannot have a 3rd century mod? Why?

So we have had a 4th century mod overhaul (Costantinus) but we cannot have a 3rd century mod? Why?
    Because he doesnt want to thats why. Its his mod he does what he likes. Be reasonable. If you want a 3rd cen mod pay him or go make your own.

hmmn.. well i do accept paypal