Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Legions of Rome

Default Re: IMPERIAL LEGIONS OF ROME

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't call it a waste if he made custom fleets. Just because you and others don't play naval battles doesn't mean that no one else does. I think it's a cool idea and more so it's a new idea and something that no one else has done. I'd say go for it.
    Well I was just saying out of all the complain threads flaming how useless and unpredictable naval battles are. Ships getting stuck and stuff and better to auto resolve. It's a cool idea but it's just... I like seeing all of his work on my custom battles at once, for admiration purpose

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    Well I was just saying out of all the complain threads flaming how useless and unpredictable naval battles are. Ships getting stuck and stuff and better to auto resolve. It's a cool idea but it's just... I like seeing all of his work on my custom battles at once, for admiration purpose

I also never play naval battles but i do like using the marines for amphibious assaults, and reinforcement cites or battles near the coastline. they are basically a half strength legion. An admiral with his own unique legion would add to the game.

You're the boss. Whatever you do I know it will look awesome .

Edit: I'm sorry for asking this of you. And maybe you won't do it but I'm having a problem.
    I'm currently using your mod combined with this one (I just found it out and really like it, it's a combat mod): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=226771580

For some unknown reasons, your newly added lion and prae banner disappear (appears as wolf and generic "hand" banner) when using his mod, but all other legionary banners still appear normally.
    I've checked using Mitch's mod manager and there is absolutely no file conflict between the 2 mods.

Can you look into this? Maybe if it's too much to ask you for a fix, can you point me to the possible cause and instruct me how to fix it myself? If you can fix it then it'd be great. My blind (and stupid) guess is it has something to do with how your added the lion and the prae banner different from the rest.
    Last edited by diego007; December 28, 2014 at 08:29 AM.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

That conflict is probably caused by the battle mod using its own version of the land_units table, which is where the officer type is listed. If you go into the battle mod pack with PFM and change the officer entry in land_units to be the same as the one in leonards mod you should be fine. It's quite easy once you get the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    That conflict is probably caused by the battle mod using its own version of the land_units table, which is where the officer type is listed. If you go into the battle mod pack with PFM and change the officer entry in land_units to be the same as the one in leonards mod you should be fine. It's quite easy once you get the gist of it.
    Thanks for the instruction, this can take quite sometime for me haha. But the logic seems clear.

You're the boss. Whatever you do I know it will look awesome .

Edit: I'm sorry for asking this of you. And maybe you won't do it but I'm having a problem.
    I'm currently using your mod combined with this one (I just found it out and really like it, it's a combat mod): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=226771580

For some unknown reasons, your newly added lion and prae banner disappear (appears as wolf and generic "hand" banner) when using his mod, but all other legionary banners still appear normally.
    I've checked using Mitch's mod manager and there is absolutely no file conflict between the 2 mods.

Can you look into this? Maybe if it's too much to ask you for a fix, can you point me to the possible cause and instruct me how to fix it myself? If you can fix it then it'd be great. My blind (and stupid) guess is it has something to do with how your added the lion and the prae banner different from the rest.

Sorry but I do not have the time look into that. More than likely his modified stats will not affect add on units so there will probably be other issues as well.

It's ok I understand. At least Maximus gave me some clue on where to look. I can't play this game without both mods and it's a pain to not see your lion and banner.

Quote Originally Posted by itleonard View Post
    i am considering a crew model for Imperial era, perhaps a leather segmentata. i welcome any opinions

Why not Legio III Augusta or Legio III Cyreniaca? or maybe another eastern based Legion.
    Its just a thought, but if I"m not wrong, I thought that those legions used leather segmentata, becouse of the hot weather in Africa

I would like to report a glitch/bug. Sometimes 2 helmets appear together on the same aquilifer's head. I'm not using any other reskin mod and upon close inspection, both helmets are from your mod . Can you take a look at this?

These are 2 examples, not all aquilifers have this bug though, some do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-01_00001.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	462.2 KB 
ID:	318862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-01_00002.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	508.5 KB 
ID:	318863

Also, your mod seems to change the republic praetorian unit card. Can you remove this?
    Last edited by diego007; January 02, 2015 at 12:25 AM.

ok back to business

I am considering this model for the Roman Marines,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m2.jpg   m1.jpg  

I would like to report a glitch/bug. Sometimes 2 helmets appear together on the same aquilifer's head. I'm not using any other reskin mod and upon close inspection, both helmets are from your mod . Can you take a look at this?

These are 2 examples, not all aquilifers have this bug though, some do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-01_00001.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	462.2 KB 
ID:	318862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-01_00002.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	508.5 KB 
ID:	318863

Also, your mod seems to change the republic praetorian unit card. Can you remove this?
    thanks, all will be fixed on next update

Field pic

Model design will be leaning more toward late 2nd century

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails field.jpg  

Field pic

Model design will be leaning more toward late 2nd century

You mean 3rd century. Those helms you already made were 2nd century.
    However, everything you are making is awesome and incredibly accurate.
    I think the best models I have ever seen in this game. Thanks.

Ps maybe you should make an entirely bronze model of that last helm. I have always seen it made in bronze in pictures. That helm together with a bronze scale mail would make the typical Roman soldier of third century.
    Last edited by andrew881thebest; January 02, 2015 at 08:47 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Wish I can give your more rep for your hardwork leonardo. But I need to spread it around first . Thank you for your work, the model looks fantastic.

And I noticed how you fixed the clipping issue of the vanilla armoured legionary having his right handguard (I forgot the roman word for this) clipping with his tunic. That thing has been bugging my eyes for a very long time. So perfect. Thank you
    Last edited by diego007; January 02, 2015 at 09:13 PM.

Wish I can give your more rep for your hardwork leonardo. But I need to spread it around first . Thank you for your work, the model looks fantastic.

And I noticed how you fixed the clipping issue of the vanilla armoured legionary having his right handguard (I forgot the roman word for this) clipping with his tunic. That thing has been bugging my eyes for a very long time. So perfect. Thank you
    thanks, there are other clipping issues that i will fix eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew881thebest View Post
    You mean 3rd century. Those helms you already made were 2nd century.
    However, everything you are making is awesome and incredibly accurate.
    I think the best models I have ever seen in this game. Thanks.

Ps maybe you should make an entirely bronze model of that last helm. I have always seen it made in bronze in pictures. That helm together with a bronze scale mail would make the typical Roman soldier of third century.

a may attempt scale mail latter on, i have not had to much luck with it

ok next update will include The Imperial marine Cohorts for the following ships:

assault birirme
    assault Quadreme
    assault hexarme
    tower hexarme

ships will be added to the campaign map and multi player mode for all roman factions
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 06, 2015 at 04:15 AM. Reason: triple post/merged

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

You can use your talent in order to make new models for Auxiliaries and early imperial units.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

a may attempt scale mail latter on, i have not had to much luck with it
    There is actually a rather acceptable bronze scale armor, it was used for Roman cavalry generals in vanilla, maybe you understand which I am talking about. If you upgraded it a little (making scales more visible and realistic, not looking like painted things like actually) it would be OK.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Legio VII Gemina and the Imperial Roman Marines have been uploaded

OMG!

Next up

Imperial crews,

and

Tribunes, recuitable sub-commanders to add to your legions