Thread: Ten units you probably never knew exsisted

BullWarrior's Avatar Laetus

Icon2 Ten units you probably never knew exsisted

So, i've played Rome: Total War for so long I can't even remembered when I started- and I have found some units you probably have never encountered...

10: Bull Warriors- A Spanish heavy infantry unit that is very mobile for its stats: DEF-12 ATK-13 CHR-4 MISSLE-17

9: Heavy Spearmen- Armenian phalanx unit, great versus cavalry and lighter spear units: DEF-17 ATK-7 CHR-3

8: Armenian Legionaries- Armenian roman unit, rarely occurs in the game due to Armenia being destroyed by Pontus: DEF-16 ATK-7 CHR-2 MISSLE-11

7: Numidian Legionaries- Just like Armenian legionaries, but for Numidia: DEF-16 ATK-7 CHR-2 MISSLE-11

6: Night Raiders- German shock infantry. Lightly armored but fine against heavy infantry: DEF-10 ATK-14 CHR-6

5: Judean Zealots- Basic desert spearmen only available to the Rebels around Jerusalem: DEF-7 ATK-11 CHR-6

4: Head Hunting Maidens- Scythian female heavy cavalry. Good versus light cavalry and legions: DEF-11 ATK-10 CHR-8

3: Gothic Cavalry- German heavy/shock cavalry. Excellent versus nearly all other cavalry, excluding cataphracts: DEF-19 ATK-12 CHR-7

2: Decere- Scipii Heavy ship, that can only be recruited at a Pantheon (Nike): DEF-13 ATK-16 CHR-1

1: Cataphract Archers- Okay, I've NEVER seen this unit in the game. EVER. Armenian heavy archer Cavalry(?). Can put up a fight even if engaged, but slow moving. DEF-22 ATK-9 CHR-5 MISSLE-7

Default Re: Ten units you probably never knew exsisted

Knew about them. The judean zealots were somewhat amusing when i first had jerusalem rebel against roman rule, and them destroying a small army sent to retake the city. And the head hunting maidens are an absolute joke; barely able to scratch roman legions with their folded feminine hands (no disrespect).

Cataphract archers are the real deal here. Noone needs speed when you can just endure anything the enemy throws at you. The only way to realistically kill them is to mob them like mad, tire them or make them fire at a unit of legionnaires on turtle formation.

Finally those Bull(shiet) warriors, so unhistorical they made me laugh out of sadness. Theyre basically just a step above hastati and principes, but the AI rarely ever builds them and if they do build them i kill them with little effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?