Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's DMS 2 Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    I am going to nerf the arrow tower machine guns.
    They are not overpowerful imo. More like... underwhelming, really I would rather see them shooting a spray of ashigaru-accuracy arrows, for flavour reasons. They kill ratio right now is certainly not too large! Quite the opposite! It's more funny to realize their are tank-sized single-arrow dispensers right now

Large deployments weren't used and it's the anti cav version I have. No idea if the other versions have it.
    Last edited by Emperor Bonaparte; March 18, 2015 at 03:43 PM.

I believe in both encounters I've had with the bug, it was bow units affected by it only in full stacked armies.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sound to me like a formation bug. This is campaign only correct ? I have not seen this in custom battles on hilly maps. Will remove line in tigger events and see what happens.

Yes it's campaign only. Another thing to add that may not be anything but coincidence: I recall in the battles that I had some melee units stacked up on top of each other to give them enough room to hide in the trees for a flanking maneuver. The bugged BAI was hiding and doing the same tactic as me with bow units. However unlike them, I actually attacked. Very weird they can read my tactics so well. I was attacker in both battles if that helps. Since when BAI are defending, they just wait for you to come to them.
    Last edited by Emperor Bonaparte; March 18, 2015 at 07:00 PM.

*update* The whole me stacking units on top of each other has nothing to do with the BAI behavior as I just experienced a battle where I fought without hiding any units and BAI still had bow units all clustered far away and I didn't discover them until their main force was routing. Definitely a formation bug it seems. The bow units won't even fire arrows but charge me when I engage them instead....

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Bonaparte View Post
    Large deployments weren't used
    It seems as what I had - after I turned on large deployments, as Bran Mac Born said, it never happened again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwis View Post
    It seems as what I had - after I turned on large deployments, as Bran Mac Born said, it never happened again.
    Larger deployment option enables 40 unit armies no? I don't want 40 units if it does.

It doesn't. It is expanding the area in which you (or AI) can place your units at the deployment phase of the battle. Also allows for more deadly ambushes.

hey im been having fun with your mod for a long time, thanks!
    Is there possible to have a slower speed version? They enemy run all over the place! Also bit high fatigue?

New issue I have and wonder if it can be tweaked. First off, can BAI use the available group formations offered to the player in deployment? In FotS, if the BAI has melee and line infantry units in an army, then they always put the melee in front of the line infantry for attacking or defending. With this default formation they have, every time I engage in combat, the BAI melee units charge while their line infantry just sit still without moving to better positions, and shoot there own units in the back while trying to hit me, which is idiotic. When the BAI has skirmish units (matchlocks or sharpshooters) in the army as well, then they are always placed in front or at flanks at the start, which is good, but CAI won't always have skirmishers in their armies. My proposal is, can you adjust the group formations so that the BAI can use them like players can? From what I've seen, the BAI doesn't actually use any proper formation and just has a giant mess laid out in deployment. There is a specific group formation out off all of them I tested that would benefit the BAI the most, which is 'artillery cross fire' formation. This formation has the line infantry in front along with skirmishers supporting their flank, artillery in the middle, melee units behind artillery, cav on flanks and general in the back. This change would make for a more enjoyable battle with seeing the BAI have a proper army setup than simply seeing them be a firing squad to their own units. Let me know if anything can be done.
    Last edited by Emperor Bonaparte; March 24, 2015 at 03:41 AM.

Patrician

Does the the vanilla game of FOTS use the battle formations? Is this behavior only in FOTS? If so then the Darth formations should be removed. I do not make formations. I will see if there are any other formation mods that can be implemented into the file. I can see what I can do with that "artillery cross fire formation".
    Thanks for the report.

Patrician

OK Bonaparte Here is what you can do yourself to change the formation priority. Open the darthmod_shogun.pack with the PFM. Click on the formations.bin file at the bottom. When it opens up click on the tab called Darth Artillery Crossfire and in the box change the priority to 2. Click file then click save. The AI will now use that formation more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Does the the vanilla game of FOTS use the battle formations? Is this behavior only in FOTS? If so then the Darth formations should be removed. I do not make formations. I will see if there are any other formation mods that can be implemented into the file. I can see what I can do with that "artillery cross fire formation".
    Thanks for the report.
    Didn't even know that Darth had his own formations in the mod. I tested matchlocks units with sengoku jidai factions, and they have them in the front along with bows, while the melee are behind. That's some positive news. However, every now and then, BAI has all the matchlocks stacked up together in trees. This was in custom battles mind you so I don't know how to get rid of that glitch. Other than that, it seems the friendly fire issue is mainly with FotS.

Bran, did you know you didn't apply your mod unit stat changes to infantry who use Darth's bayonet option? Cav always charge first so I decided to pop that launcher option on so my men can hold the line easier. To my discovery, I found out that my line infantry stats weren't the same as before without bayonet option activated. Not sure if this applies to all your mod versions but I noticed it in post #16 version. Just thought you should be aware.
    Last edited by Emperor Bonaparte; March 25, 2015 at 05:14 AM.

Interestingly enough, I can see just the same bug - 2-3 units stacked and stationary on armies' right flank - while I am playing ShogunRealism+ now!
    Is it vanilla bug then? Or is the reason I only unchecked darthmod in mod manager, while all the other darthmod packs are still in "Data" folder?

Patrician

Bayonet Mod option for FOTS is now available on Post #1 Thanks to Emperor Bonaparte for see that.

I confirmed that game loads elements of Darthmod, even if it is disabled in mod manager. One has to disable options in Darthmod launcher for them to stop affecting the game. So I blame something from darthmod :-)

Just to confirm, infantry melee defense suppose to be 11 and not 19 when using bayonet + post #16 versions yes? Aside from that, glad I could help.

Patrician

Yes it is the standard version because these are rifle units and not melee infantry. Will most likely change those stats in next update-they are to high for none melee infantry.