Thread: [Submod] Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic for DEI

Default [Submod] Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic for DEI

Just a simple mod replacing the DEI polybian unit variants, for those found in Kaziel's Early Republic. Stats aren't changed, only their looks, including standard bearers and officers. This includes the unit cards, but I can remove them by request. Also this effects all Roman War Dogs atm, too much work for me to change but easily removed. I just need to fully check if any names of Kaziel's new variantmodels conflict with ones used in DEI. At first glance it seems they are all new, or at least renamed (thankfully) so no other units should be affected.

Units affected:
    • Hastati (Late)
    • Principes (Late)
    • Triarii (Late)
    • Equites (Late)
    • Senator Guard
    • Velites
    • Rorarii (Late)
    • Leves
    • War Dog Handlers

All credits to Kaziel and his mod Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic.

Dowload:

[Submod] Kaziel's Roman: Early republic for DEI

Install:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Put file in Rome 2 data folder and load before DEI. Using steam mod manager it will load before DEI due to its name.

Default Re: [Submod] Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic for DEI

Thanks for the mod, but the link asks me for permission to download the file.

Cant down this mod ????

Sorry its set to private I'll fix it right now.

The donwload link is already dead MrMassacre https://drive.sandbox.google.com/fil...?usp=drive_web

That's odd your right. Lol taking me more time to get the DL link working than to actually make the submod itself. I'll figure this out and post a new link asap.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by MrMassacre View Post
    That's odd your right. Lol taking me more time to get the DL link working than to actually make the submod itself. I'll figure this out and post a new link asap.
    Try using mediafire. Easy to create a user and easy to upload files.
    Same thing Dresden is using or did use to upload DeI.

working now

I've uploaded it on Steam so that should word for now while I look into whatever issue Google Drive seems to be giving me.

Steam Link

Google drive works already. It's nice

mester's Avatar Tiro

Great mod. I always wanted to see Kaziel's new textures on DEI. Is there any possibility to add these textures on the Camillan roman units?

Thanks for the mod I really like the way the units look especially the new unit cards I really like them and I personally prefer that style.

however in the provience of Italy (Rome) the unit card form war hounds or war dogs has been replaced by the Hastaii naval card not sure exactly which unit the card is originally from but it shows a Hastaii on a ship like you would recruit for a navy. I haven't built any other auxillary barracks so I can't say weather or not it's like that in other proviences.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

mester: I'll look into the Camillan units for sure. Requires a bit more work due to some units being equipped with spears, but shouldn't be too difficult. To be honest I play with Polybian reforms enabled on turn 1, so was too lazy to bother before lol. The only minor issue will be the unit cards not depicting the spears, something I most likely won't address. But I'll release a version without unit cards if that bothers anyone (would probably bug me lol).

Grizwald714: Will fix this right away, looks like there's no unit card in the original mod for war dogs. I assumed there was, so that unit is linked to a non-existent card which is why its showing the naval unit card. When I update it will just use the original unit card. Thanks for the heads up.

Mod has been updated on both TWC and Steam. Just a quick fix for the war dog unit cards.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MrMassacre View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

mester: I'll look into the Camillan units for sure. Requires a bit more work due to some units being equipped with spears, but shouldn't be too difficult. To be honest I play with Polybian reforms enabled on turn 1, so was too lazy to bother before lol. The only minor issue will be the unit cards not depicting the spears, something I most likely won't address. But I'll release a version without unit cards if that bothers anyone (would probably bug me lol).
    Great! I can't wait to see camillan units. +1rep