Quote Originally Posted by Slypear View Post
    No problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-08-16_00004.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	267.4 KB 
ID:	328832

Default Re: User Presets

Slypear, your preset doesn't work for me. I clean installed GEM and the default GEM settings work fine with Rome2. No crashes or anything. The little japanese/chinese/korean characters(I don't know lol) shows up in the top middle that ensures GEM is working. When I plug in your preset GEM does not work, I'm back to vanilla Rome2 graphics. The only weird occurrence is when I run Rome2 with your preset, at the main menu the japanese/chinese/korean characters show up for a split second or two and then disappear. I hope you can help me solve my problem.

Slypear's Avatar Libertus

I set the preset to bypass the UI. It won't show on the main menu. Try beginning a battle and see if it shows up then.

If it doesn't, hit F9 or the top-top-right key on your keyboard.

It should say Pause/Break

You were right Slypear. I feel kind of dumb now haha, appreciate the help m8!

No problem, mate

Superb preset, thank you shame I can not seem to post screen but in any case its been very realistic .I havent yet qualitee your preset but very nice thank you.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Any other photos of that preset? Both from battles and campaign map?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Which preset are you referring to, Helmerson?

If you're referring to the realistic one, I'll try and get an imgur album up today

After quite a lot of tweaking, I feel I can now proudly present my GEMFX preset.

Preset Name:: Ad Finitum

Target Application:: Rome 2: Total War

GEMFX version:: v1.0.8.1

Uses::
    -TrueColor Shader
    -Bypass-UI
    -ClearVision
    -Gaussian Bloom
    -AmbientLight
    -DirtLens
    -GodRays
    -LensFlares
    -ALVibrance

Gamma Value: 16
    Brightness Value: 17
    *I still suggest adjusting according to your monitor.

Preview Pics here:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/TydOF/new

Download link here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7hmvvwpot...TJkcPg6va?dl=0

Hello!!

I want to know if those settings are good for use in the nex update of GEM. 1.0.9.

If I put in my data, will it work with this update?

Thank you in advance

Pour moi sa ne marche pa

For me its not working .The games of this lance is after that I'll battle it's been an image that goes down is that these unfortunate because your preset Slypear
    are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by murxianico View Post
    Hello!!

I want to know if those settings are good for use in the nex update of GEM. 1.0.9.

If I put in my data, will it work with this update?

Thank you in advance

My preset is confirmed to be working with GEM 1.0.9. You're good with the preset.

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    For me its not working .The games of this lance is after that I'll battle it's been an image that goes down is that these unfortunate because your preset Slypear
    are beautiful.
    Unfortunately, I don't quite understand your english. If you can retype that in your native language, I may be able to make out what you're trying to say, but until then, I can't help you D:

Désoler je suis français.Votre preset est superbe le problème ,que jai.Le jeu ce lance correctement mais des que je fait une bataille,la camera zoom direct est devient une image fixe.Jepere que vous comprendrez merci d’avance.Ps je n’ai aucun problème avec les autre preset .

Unfortunately, I don't quite understand your english. If you can retype that in your native language, I may be able to make out what you're trying to say, but until then, I can't help you D:
    The campaign map looks weird using your preset, or anybody else's for that matter. It's too blurry and the whiteness seems to hurt my eyes. Any ideas?
    ​"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."

Aha, hit K. It toggles the blur/DoF.

As for the whiteness, I'm not sure how you mean. You may just need to adjust your brightness/gamma settings to solve that.

Non ce n’es pas sa je sais enlever la touche k pour le flou.Ce nest pas grave tans pis je garderai mes preset.
    En tout cas vos preset sont tres bien réussi.
    Vous pourriez mettre d’autre screen merci bonne journée a vous.
    No it's not you I know off the k key for flou.Ce does not matter tans bad I keep my preset.
    Anyway your preset are very successful.
    You could put the other screen thank you good day to you.

There's a problem I'm having with using certain presets. The game loads normally, nothing out of the ordinary, that is, until trying to load a battle. Somehow, someway. during the loading process, the camera controls lock up, which makes fighting any battle impossible.

What's strange, is that this happens randomly with specific presets, but what they share in common to cause this, I have no idea. It might be a result that I'm using older presets with 1.0.9, I don't know, because some still work without any problem.

Aha, hit K. It toggles the blur/DoF.

As for the whiteness, I'm not sure how you mean. You may just need to adjust your brightness/gamma settings to solve that.
    Nice preset, but I'd say you have overdone with the DoF - everything beyond 5 meters is not recognizable.

I'm not even sure if the DoF ranges are customizable. I only ever use it for screenshots. In every other case I leave it toggled off lest I be unable to see the battlefield.