Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: A/R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.9

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.1

Lucifer can you please include the Steam Workshop link to the GEMFX in the installation section please. Thank you very much.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Lucifer can you please include the Steam Workshop link to the GEMFX in the installation section please. Thank you very much.
    Sure thing wouldnt help me personally though, since I solely use the Steam tool.

LuciferHawk! While the current version doesn't work...could you updload a standalone version of previous beta version? Playing without GEM is not the same (I indeed love this mod and i could i use it at least until we can fix the redist and framework issue) Thanks a lot!

PD: I have modified my post in the technical support forum. It doesn't work with the option unticked.
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; November 24, 2014 at 05:11 AM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    LuciferHawk! While the current version doesn't work could you updload a standalone version of previous beta version? Playing without GEM is not the same (at least until we can fix the redist nad framework issue) Thanks a lot!

PD: I have modified my post in the technical support forum. It doesn't work with the option unticked.
    I will release a compatibility option in the next release (which will come with the dx9 support) please be patient a little more. I saw your reply in the technical support thread the day you wrote it

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Lucifer please bear with me mate. Just looked through the entire post about setting up. For the most part i believe it works for. The Rome 2 logo on the main screen has got all floaty colours going on that takes me back to trip out heaven with a dancing turtle.
    I have the Application you have made on my second monitor and hitting the on/off button seems to do nothing. Also up the top left it tells me its in offline mode.
    Can you with this tool perform tasks on the fly?
    I seem to be missing something here would like some help thxs
    Regards
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc04 View Post
    Lucifer please bear with me mate. Just looked through the entire post about setting up. For the most part i believe it works for. The Rome 2 logo on the main screen has got all floaty colours going on that takes me back to trip out heaven with a dancing turtle.
    I have the Application you have made on my second monitor and hitting the on/off button seems to do nothing. Also up the top left it tells me its in offline mode.
    Can you with this tool perform tasks on the fly?
    I seem to be missing something here would like some help thxs
    Regards
    You should see some red writing at the top of the main menu pop up after the intro/logo screens, that means it's working. You can change settings on the fly but you have to press the pause button on your keyboard to reload the shaders to see these changes. Remember to press the save config button after you make changes in the gem program as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    I will release a compatibility option in the next release (which will come with the dx9 support) please be patient a little more. I saw your reply in the technical support thread the day you wrote it
    I have a little doubt, will i be able to play with dx11 with the compatibilty mode? Of course i will wait!! It is totally worth! Thanks again! Your work is art

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    I have a little doubt, will i be able to play with dx11 with the compatibilty mode? Of course i will wait!! It is totally worth! Thanks again! Your work is art
    We will find out but thats the point of the new option. Even if not, we will find out how to fix it.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

It works for me now. 1. sub on steam. 2. launch the installer, setup and configuration.

I have 3 questions Lucifer:

1. can you please state which individual files (e.g. in Data) and directories are needed for GEMFX I want to isolate them to make it compatible with JSGME Mod enabler.
    2. in the configurator I see a lot of settings for SweetFX but is somehow unclear if they are enabled or disabled. It would be cool if you could enable or disable them there on each tab (checkbox or switch perhaps). What do you think about that?
    3. it seems that I cannot enable or disable GEMFX in the game. I usually used Scroll-Lock for that in GEM 6.1
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

http://puu.sh/d42UK/88d9f8834a.jpg

I got some pretty overly bright lighting trying out a custom battle in Ireland, doesn't look right to me, might have overlooked something in your bm changes.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    It works for me now. 1. sub on steam. 2. launch the installer, setup and configuration.

I have 3 questions Lucifer:

1. can you please state which individual files (e.g. in Data) and directories are needed for GEMFX I want to isolate them to make it compatible with JSGME Mod enabler.
    2. in the configurator I see a lot of settings for SweetFX but is somehow unclear if they are enabled or disabled. It would be cool if you could enable or disable them there on each tab (checkbox or switch perhaps). What do you think about that?
    3. it seems that I cannot enable or disable GEMFX in the game. I usually used Scroll-Lock for that in GEM 6.1
    1. If you use Steam, all files are required. Or did I get your question wrong?
    2. In the general tab you can check which effects you want to be activated. Or do you want another signal to the eye?
    3. It is F10 currently from my own notebook since I have no scroll-lock key here. You are free to change the key-bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    http://puu.sh/d42UK/88d9f8834a.jpg

I got some pretty overly bright lighting trying out a custom battle in Ireland, doesn't look right to me, might have overlooked something in your bm changes.
    It can be, especially if you do not use the gem.pack BM changes. I did not change anything about the preset from 6.1 but added more lightning effects which makes it even more prominent. You might need to change those values then (did not have enough time to adjust everything). It will also be to bright for the CM in the desert which I will change once I have time to work on BMs and CMs again

I just can use shader model 5 and i have installed all the stuff that
    WoodMan_84
    said. Pls help me.

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    You should see some red writing at the top of the main menu pop up after the intro/logo screens, that means it's working. You can change settings on the fly but you have to press the pause button on your keyboard to reload the shaders to see these changes. Remember to press the save config button after you make changes in the gem program as well.
    Yep see the writing at the top. And i do press the Pause key to reload. I think it would a AWESOME idea if someone with knowledge to write up a little tutorial in regards to when you press the /? key and tap the left/right up/down keys items change at the top.
    Thxs for all you're work Lucifer
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

How do I know which files that came from the old version so that I can delete them to install the newest version properly?

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@SODK

just delete everything related to GEM and SweefFX in the Rome 2 folder..

Then verify game cache - just in case you accidently deleted something you shouldn't have

Subscribe to GEM on Steam.

And the follow install instructions in post #1.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I deleted everything except the data folder in my game-folder (also gem.pack in the data folder). I verify the game files in Steam, resubscribe to gemfx in the workshop (and launch the default launcher once, then exit it after it downloads the files). Then I download that installer thing - extract it into the game folder, run it. It creates that gem-folder. Then I run the cmd window that does some stuff and I get the configuration-file. I make sure gem.pack is activated in Mitch's Mod Manager, but I can only start the game if 64-bit application is clicked in the configurator. And I never see any red text in the menu that indicates that the mod is working. When I try without 64-bit, it crashes instantly

edit: The old 6.x version worked fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I deleted everything except the data folder in my game-folder (also gem.pack in the data folder). I verify the game files in Steam, resubscribe to gemfx in the workshop (and launch the default launcher once, then exit it after it downloads the files). Then I download that installer thing - extract it into the game folder, run it. It creates that gem-folder. Then I run the cmd window that does some stuff and I get the configuration-file. I make sure gem.pack is activated in Mitch's Mod Manager, but I can only start the game if 64-bit application is clicked in the configurator. And I never see any red text in the menu that indicates that the mod is working. When I try without 64-bit, it crashes instantly

edit: The old 6.x version worked fine for me.
    Did you install latest vcredist and Netframeworks? (to be found (links!) in this post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14208961
    (After installing those reboot once!)
    Also running in 64-bit will only deactivate GEM as R2 is a 32-bit application!

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Works nice, and looks nice too! Great job, I've finally been converted to GEM
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Hello, I've recently returned to Rome 2 and I used your mod in the past and it was wonderful. But, I seem to be having a problem getting this to install correctly, and am hoping that someone can help me find a solution. These are the steps I have taken to install and to try and resolve my own issue. Really appreciate any support, thank you.

Programs Updated:

1. Visual C++ Redistribution 2013
    2. Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2
    3. DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Installation Process
    :

1. Downloaded the GEMFXSteamInstaller.zip and Unzipped it to my desktop
    2. Ran the installer and directed into to my Rome 2 folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II
    3. Subscribed to Gem on Steam, launched it and let in load the files.
    4. After it finished downloading I close the launcher and reopened it before I launched the game itself to make sure it loaded.

So far these are the steps I have taken but my problem is when I launch the game and get into the game menu, there's no writing at the top of my screen saying Gem is currently running. I also am missing the dxgi.dll from my Rome II Folder. I have tried to see if the configuration is working but nothing happens when press the hotkey to open the menu. Hoping anyone can help me and it would be very much appreciated.

Here are some screenshot of my Rome 2 Directory for reference.

Rome II DIrectory

Gem Folder

@ Cowboy:

You definitely forgot to run the GEMSteamInstaller in your R2 diretory! Doing that should solve your problem!