Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: A/R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.9

Michael VIII Palaiologos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.1

Can I use shader model 5 with this mod?I can only use shader model 3, the other options are greyed.Any solution?My OS is Windows 7.

Εἷς οἰωνός ἄριστος ἀμύνεσθαι περί πάτρης
    Οὐκ εἴθισται τοῖς Ἕλλησι προσκυνεῖν
    Οὐ φεισόμεθα τῆς ζῳῆς ἡμῶν

Erm when I try to use the Steaminstaller i get a PfmCL has stopped working....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael VIII Palaiologos View Post
    Can I use shader model 5 with this mod?I can only use shader model 3, the other options are greyed.Any solution?My OS is Windows 7.
    If you already had the old version of GEM working and now you are getting this problem only with the latest version do the following:
    Try downloading .NET from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/net (where it says Install .NET now)
    And also try installing c++ resistributable package for Visual Studio 2013 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl....aspx?id=40784 (NOTE THIS IS THE GB ENGLISH, GOOGLE FROM USA FOR US-ENGLISH)

If this is the first time you ever used GEM, do the above and also download and install Direct X (9.0c) web Installer from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=35 (AGAIN BECAUSE I'M IN UK THAT IS THE UK ENGLISH, I GUESS GOOGLE FROM USA FOR US-ENGLISH)

If you are installing Rome 2 and GEM on a new Windows 7 install, you also need service pack 1 and in general all the windows updates.

I've been through your problem and can confirm you need all the above stuff.

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    It should be extracted with the GEMSteamInstaller?! For now you can -as a quick fix- create a GEMFX_Readme.txt yourself and that should fix your problem. I will look into it later.
    This worked for me! I battled I don't know how many hours with this thing, but finally it was only such a tiny issue. Great work!

Nothing is working for me anymore...

I deleted all previous gem files excluding the .pack one, because steam downloaded the new version from automatically. I've downloaded the steaminstaller and installed it. Worked fine for me. Then I've started the game and somehow nothing has visually changed ingame.. played/tweaked extremly with the settings in the configurator, but still - nothing. Then i tried to delete everything (GEM Files and later even sweet fx) again from the ROME II folder to reuse the steaminstaller, but the intaller is greying out instantly. Im not able to do anything beside closing it by task manager. Now i'm stuck at this point that nothing of the GEM is working except the configurator which isnt changing anything rly ingame... I have the latest microsoft visual c++ and netframework. As i would like to post a log file, the only log file i have is this one :

[17:23:34] Removing D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_SINGLETHREADED flag
    [17:23:34] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [17:23:34] Hooking swapchain...
    [17:23:35] ResizeBuffers succeeded !
    [17:23:35] Couldn't open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\GEM_settings.txt'... Exiting

so yeah, welp!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Why installer is on german language? Also those new keys doesn't work ingame.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; November 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    The UI-By-Pass applies GEMFX effects only to the scene but not the UI in Rome 2.
    Since this options needs you to turn on AA ingame but some people do not like the ingame AA you can By-Pass this too with the By-Pass AA option in the configurator.

I know there are no tool tips yet in the configurator but I have many things to do and therefore some have higher and some less priority .oO

I wish someone in the community can give you tips how to get the image you like. Currently I should concentrate on the DX9 implementation, also for games such as M2TW and ETW to make the new features work so unfortunately I cannot help with those comparison pictures at the moment
    Dont worry, the important first¡
    Thanks again

I dont know the beta worked perfectly fine for me, but since version 1.01 the graphic in-game is normal. I deinstalled Rome completly with all mods, used the current installer and subscriped to GEM in Steam. Anyone got a idea what im doing wrong?

I have maybe the same problem, i have GEM installed correctly i think ) but i see the normal graphic on the game, since the launch screen, Lucifer, help us! =)

Lucifer, in my Rome II folder i have one folder named GEM and another named GEMFX, is that the problem should i delete the GEM folder?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by copa1337 View Post
    Nothing is working for me anymore...

I deleted all previous gem files excluding the .pack one, because steam downloaded the new version from automatically. I've downloaded the steaminstaller and installed it. Worked fine for me. Then I've started the game and somehow nothing has visually changed ingame.. played/tweaked extremly with the settings in the configurator, but still - nothing. Then i tried to delete everything (GEM Files and later even sweet fx) again from the ROME II folder to reuse the steaminstaller, but the intaller is greying out instantly. Im not able to do anything beside closing it by task manager. Now i'm stuck at this point that nothing of the GEM is working except the configurator which isnt changing anything rly ingame... I have the latest microsoft visual c++ and netframework. As i would like to post a log file, the only log file i have is this one :

[17:23:34] Hooking swapchain...
    [17:23:35] ResizeBuffers succeeded !
    [17:23:35] Couldn't open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\GEM_settings.txt'... Exiting

so yeah, welp!
    You are using the wrong GEMFX files or opening the wrong log file. Make sure to delete all GEM files and install it again (also pick up the latest GEMSteamInstaller)

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    Why installer is on german language? Also those new keys doesn't work ingame.
    The installer should be in the language that you have on your computer. Which keys do you mean? If reload/toggle/k doesnt work then there is something wrong with the installation. Are effects still applied?

Quote Originally Posted by assassine View Post
    I dont know the beta worked perfectly fine for me, but since version 1.01 the graphic in-game is normal. I deinstalled Rome completly with all mods, used the current installer and subscriped to GEM in Steam. Anyone got a idea what im doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Lucifer, in my Rome II folder i have one folder named GEM and another named GEMFX, is that the problem should i delete the GEM folder?
    For both of you the GEMFX.log file would be nice.
    GEM folder is for the GEMSteamInstaller, GEMFX is for the actual GEMFX that got installed.

I got quite fast internet so I downloaded a whole new Rome 2 via steam. Still not working. I updated windows programs (c+++ and Net framework 4.52) still nothing. Ehhh.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Well... before GEMsteaminstaller was english version and my pc is also finnish/english one, but when I took your newest gemsteaminstaller. It was on german language. :C

German installer here too, and my system is Portuguese (Brazil). Toggle/Reload keys work, in-game menu key don't work. And I still crash if I tick By-Pass UI. Other then that, it's all fine with GEM. Just a little feedback.

@ Noif de Bodemloze: Will you post presets for this version?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

found the solution download from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=35 the x86 version. with x64 no fix.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@Noif de Bodemloze
    Only the installer is in german. Not the Configurator.

@Alexandre Lange
    You can change the keys in the Configurator, change the numbers in the blue text fields.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Hi LF , please have a look in my log , I was unsuccessful in getting the mod working .
    I updated the C++ and Framenetwork to the latest version and when I start the game it gets me to the RTW2 page and then the screen gets black out and nothing works . I run a AMD 6970 D11 .
    Here's my log :

[23:32:10] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [23:32:10] Running on Win7 or Win8.0...adjusting algorithms
    [23:32:15] Hooking Swapchain and Device found at 'C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll'
    [23:32:15] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'
    [23:32:15] Init Factory-1 hook
    [23:32:15] Factory-1 hook successful
    [23:32:15] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [23:32:15] Init Factory hook
    [23:32:15] Factory hook successful
    [23:32:15] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [23:32:15] Init Factory-1 hook
    [23:32:15] Factory-1 hook successful
    [23:32:15] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [23:32:15] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [23:32:16] Init Factory-1 hook
    [23:32:16] Factory-1 hook successful
    [23:32:16] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [23:32:16] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [23:32:16] Available Feature Level: 0000B000
    [23:32:16] 1200p detected
    [23:32:16] Full-Screen mode detected
    [23:32:16] Preparing FXAA...
    [23:32:16] 2xFXAA On
    [23:32:16] Thank you for using GEMFX!

Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMD View Post
    Erm when I try to use the Steaminstaller i get a PfmCL has stopped working....
    Nevermind found the reason for the crash!

Only installer German but easy enough to wwork out what to press.

And thanks Lucifer, your work is amazing. Finally got this working and love it

Disregard my post ... was nothing to do with GEM , was some out-dated mods I use , amazing mod LF .
    Thank you