Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: A/R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.9

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.1

As a quick response::

Checking prerequisite...failed

Means you are missing the GEMFX_Readme.txt in your R2 folder (it is checked because it contains all the credits).

Also, checking 64bit in the configurator will just disable GEMFX for Rome 2 since it is a 32bit app.

--------------

I will try to answer the other questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    As a quick response::

Checking prerequisite...failed

Means you are missing the GEMFX_Readme.txt in your R2 folder (it is checked because it contains all the credits).

Also, checking 64bit in the configurator will just disable GEMFX for Rome 2 since it is a 32bit app.

--------------

I will try to answer the other questions later.
    I'm getting this error, how do you get the readme? I've subscribed and ran the installers but I dont have it.

Correct, I can't find the Readme! How do I get it?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    I'm getting this error, how do you get the readme? I've subscribed and ran the installers but I dont have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodMan_84 View Post
    Correct, I can't find the Readme! How do I get it?
    It should be extracted with the GEMSteamInstaller?! For now you can -as a quick fix- create a GEMFX_Readme.txt yourself and that should fix your problem. I will look into it later.

EDIT::Okay, a quick thought already let me know what the problem is I changed the name of the GEMFX_readme.txt to GEMFX_Readme.txt but the GEMSteamInstaller script for unpacking the gem.pack file is still looking for the GEMFX_readme.txt, therefore it is not unpacked ... I think I will update the GEMSteamInstaller but you can again as a quick fix edit the .bat file in your GEM folder and change GEMFX_readme.txt entry to GEMFX_Readme.txt. Running GEMSteamInstaller should then unpack that file correctly.
    Last edited by Ganossa; November 20, 2014 at 06:18 PM.

Hi Hawk, I created a text file with the GEMFX_Readme.txt name and it worked, thanks! I find it hard to play Rome without GEM anymore, heh, so glad this worked :-D

Now works wellˇ

we must desactivated aa in the setting game to can see de fxxa x2 or it doesnt mind?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Sorry for being a newb - but does this version still require the enb-files from Vorontsov like the old ones? I didn't see that being mentioned in the installation-instructions.
    No problem but GEM for R2 never required ENB files (for the simple reason that R2 is dx11 and ENB only supports dx9) You just need GEMFX

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplitus View Post
    To everybody who is still having problems with this new version:

Remember to reboot your machine after you installed the vcredist and NETframeworks updates.

I have one (probably) rather stupid question:
    As I am now tweaking my settings, can I just export the file in ..../GEMFX/presets/current in order to save it for later or share it with others?
    When saving a configuration in the configurator the GEMFX_settings.cfg in ..../GEMFX/presets/current is modified. You can then create a folder next to current and copy the GEMFX_settings.cfg there. In the GEMFX in-game menu you can then select your new preset which will overwrite the GEMFX_settings.cfg in ..../GEMFX/presets/current and reload GEMFX (which applies your effects).

Quote Originally Posted by yaVuz View Post
    Let's give a hug to this awesome guy!! Thank you mate now it works cheers! (anyone know why my lower and upper screen flashes with gemfx? which effect is this? it kinda annoying for me)
    And awesome work LH !!!
    Did you try with by-pass-ui option in the configurator?

Quote Originally Posted by samcoolrunner View Post
    yes did the same and i fixed the problem but now i have a very strange problem: the mouse is not in sync with the icons... i have to go above icons and than click ok.. few menu are out of the monitor resolution .. never had this problem before ..
    Also, did you try with by-pass-ui option? Other than that, if the problem remains please post it in the technical support section because I did not hear of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by erianor01 View Post
    Now works wellˇ

we must desactivated aa in the setting game to can see de fxxa x2 or it doesnt mind?
    Actually you should activate ingame AA because it is needed for the by-pass-ui option. However, fxaa is independent of ingame AA.

Thanks for the fast reply....after changing the .bat file --> renameing the readme.txt to Readme.txt it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... tomorrow i will experiment on the settings
    Last edited by Ganossa; November 20, 2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: nvm //keep pressing edit button instead of reply..

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by vsbrick View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply....after changing the .bat file --> renameing the readme.txt to Readme.txt it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... tomorrow i will experiment on the settings

UPDATE

I Added a new GEMFXSteamInstaller in the OP which should resolve the issue.

Hi Lf : Here's my log , for some reason doesn't work for me despite following the steps .Thank you

[23:07:00] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [23:07:00] Running on Win7 or Win8.0...adjusting algorithms
    [23:07:05] Hooking Swapchain and Device found at 'C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll'
    [23:07:05] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'
    [23:07:05] Init Factory-1 hook
    [23:07:05] Factory-1 hook successful
    [23:07:05] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [23:07:05] Init Factory hook
    [23:07:05] Factory hook successful
    [23:07:05] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [23:07:05] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [23:07:05] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [23:07:06] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [23:07:06] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [23:07:06] Available Feature Level: 0000B000
    [23:07:06] 1200p detected
    [23:07:06] Full-Screen mode detected
    [23:07:06] Preparing FXAA...
    [23:07:06] 1xFXAA On
    [23:07:06] Thank you for using GEMFX!

Hi,

The mod is not working for me.I installed this new version ( i got rid of all of the old GEM files and subscribed to the new steam version) but i cant seem to find the gem_settings, Fx_settings, Dxgi.dll and dx9.dll files, did i do something wrong?. Here is how my roman 2 folder currently looks like. Is some files missing?

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Hi,

The mod is not working for me.I installed this new version ( i got rid of all of the old GEM files and subscribed to the new steam version) but i cant seem to find the gem_settings, Fx_settings, Dxgi.dll and dx9.dll files, did i do something wrong?. Here is how my roman 2 folder currently looks like. Is some files missing?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

same problem here

Did you two above double click the file called GEMSteamInstaller in your R2 directories? That should add the configurator and the missing .dll

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by WoodMan_84 View Post
    Did you two above double click the file called GEMSteamInstaller in your R2 directories? That should add the configurator and the missing .dll

Quote Originally Posted by Sonenn View Post
    same problem here
    Yeah dobbleclick GEMSteamInstaller should give u all the files u need

Fixed, thanks!

Originally Posted by erianor01
    Now works wellˇ

Actually you should activate ingame AA because it is needed for the by-pass-ui option. However, fxaa is independent of ingame AA.[/QUOTE]

But then we need to tick the by-pass-ui option in the configurator ?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

But then we need to tick the by-pass-ui option in the configurator ?
    Only if you want GEMFX not to be applied to the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Only if you want GEMFX not to be applied to the UI.
    And what is the difference? And the by-pass AA?

I see too that the game is a bit dark. I don´t know really well to use the configurator. Could you post diferences configurations with images, this will be good ^^

Your work is great, looks like Attila AAˇ

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

And what is the difference? And the by-pass AA?

I see too that the game is a bit dark. I don´t know really well to use the configurator. Could you post diferences configurations with images, this will be good ^^

Your work is great, looks like Attila AAˇ
    The UI-By-Pass applies GEMFX effects only to the scene but not the UI in Rome 2.
    Since this options needs you to turn on AA ingame but some people do not like the ingame AA you can By-Pass this too with the By-Pass AA option in the configurator.

I know there are no tool tips yet in the configurator but I have many things to do and therefore some have higher and some less priority .oO

I wish someone in the community can give you tips how to get the image you like. Currently I should concentrate on the DX9 implementation, also for games such as M2TW and ETW to make the new features work so unfortunately I cannot help with those comparison pictures at the moment