Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: A/R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.9

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.2

How can i edit my pos? any way i played a little around in the GEMX ettings now i got the .log file. it reads like this:
    [21:44:01] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for DirectX9 application
    [21:44:01] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'
    [21:44:03] Preparing FXAA...
    [21:44:04] 1xFXAA On
    [21:44:04] Thank you for using GEMFX!

Strange. What I see on your screens looks all good. Only you still have no log file...

Which shadermodel do you use ingame?
    Do you have in-game AA activated? (just to be sure)
    Also don't use any overlay program like FRAPS (but I think you don't because it should then crash Rome2)

Last idea would be to install Netframeworks 4.5.1 too (just incase you just have 4.5.2) and also maybe 32-bit versions of vcredist

At the moment I really don't know how to help you anymore. Sorry man no idea!

Hopfully LH can check into this and give you any advise as, like I said, I am running out of ideas...

EDIT:

lol it took me too long to respond

you need 25 posts for editing...

do you use shadermodel 3? other than that you probably are missing any NETframe or vcredist...

EDIT2:

so you are running Rome2 now in dx9 but I assume your graphics card is capable of dx11. you probably hit the compatibility mode right?
    like said before try installing those other NETframe or vcredists...
    Last edited by Hoplitus; November 26, 2014 at 03:19 PM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by assassine View Post
    How can i edit my pos? any way i played a little around in the GEMX ettings now i got the .log file. it reads like this:
    [21:44:01] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'
    [21:44:03] Preparing FXAA...
    [21:44:04] 1xFXAA On
    [21:44:04] Thank you for using GEMFX!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplitus View Post
    Strange. What I see on your screens looks all good. Only you still have no log file...

Which shadermodel do you use ingame?
    Do you have in-game AA activated? (just to be sure)
    Also don't use any overlay program like FRAPS (but I think you don't because it should then crash Rome2)

Last idea would be to install Netframeworks 4.5.1 too (just incase you just have 4.5.2) and also maybe 32-bit versions of vcredist

At the moment I really don't know how to help you anymore. Sorry man no idea!

Hopfully LH can check into this and give you any advise as, like I said, I am running out of ideas...

EDIT:

lol it took me too long to respond

you need 25 posts for editing...

do you use shadermodel 3? other than that you probably are missing any NETframe or vcredist...
    Thanks for all the help and input Hoplite

------

assasine runs Rome 2 with shader model 3 (dx9) as you can see in the GEMFX.log files now.
    Code:
    This means there is no issue with GEMFX but that Rome 2 cannot find an entry into the dxgi.dll.
    This also means that it is indeed possible that he runs another overlay program such as fraps which can cause such issue.
    As you already said, try to install the latest .Net Framework and c++ vcredists.
    Also try to run GEMFX in the new compatibility mode (though that would only help after Rome 2 found the actualy entry to dxgi.dll).

THX LH!

So I wasnt't that worng at all...

thanks for the reply i got the 4.5.2 .Net framework, i think this is the latest. Could someone maybe give me a link to the latest c.. vcredists just to be sure?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

thanks for the reply i got the 4.5.2 .Net framework, i think this is the latest. Could someone maybe give me a link to the latest c.. vcredists just to be sure?
    The link you can find in the OP under download and installation section.

sorry i must sound like a huge dumbass but either im blind or retarded the only links i see are for the Gem installer itself and http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?page_id=112. this one

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

sorry i must sound like a huge dumbass but either im blind or retarded the only links i see are for the Gem installer itself and http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?page_id=112. this one
    my bad, I thought I had it there...

here you go

install x86 and x64

Ah i did not install the x86 version. Now it works perfectly fine kudos to hoplite and you for all the awesome help. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplitus View Post

Which shader do you use ingame? Because actually R2 is not dx9 unless you use shadermodel 3. Maybe try Compatibility Mode in the configurator. I can just imaging that there are some effects in your preset that aren't dx9 compatible...
    Hi and thank you for your reply. I am not sure I understand. I am using the preferences script from the OP - meaning I do use shadermodel 3, I think. I have not made any changes to any presets, so I assume I am using the default. The problem occured just after the update. How do I run the compability mode?

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

Seems like GEM is updating. What is it now? Lens Flares?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

UPDATE Generic GEMFXv1.0.3
    Introduces many fixes.
    - fixes dx11 crashes when activating UI-By-Pass for Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by Econtra View Post
    Hi and thank you for your reply. I am not sure I understand. I am using the preferences script from the OP - meaning I do use shadermodel 3, I think. I have not made any changes to any presets, so I assume I am using the default. The problem occured just after the update. How do I run the compability mode?

Thanks ahead for any assistance.
    Don't know which preference script you mean. Compatibility mode can be activated in the configurator!

Does the error still persist whith the latest 1.0.3 update?
    If yes, why do you use directx9 and shadermodel 3? (whats your graphics card?)

Try updating the vcredists(x86) versions from here: here you go

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.3

When I change configuration via GEMFX_Configurator.exe my Gem is not applying to the game. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by wookie13 View Post
    When I change configuration via GEMFX_Configurator.exe my Gem is not applying to the game. Any help?
    You have to click save configuration then press the pause button on your keyboard ingame to reload the shader.

Not working ;/

Ok it worked fine! Sorry Just you have to run game first, alt=tab, use configurator.exe, then pause to reload Thx!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

When there are updates Lucifer do we need to download the installer every time or do we get the advantages due to the subscription via Steam Workshop?

What do you think about the icon I've created for your exe files, do you think you will use it? Any ideas how to improve it?
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    When there are updates Lucifer do we need to download the installer every time or do we get the advantages due to the subscription via Steam Workshop?

What do you think about the icon I've created for your exe files, do you think you will use it? Any ideas how to improve it?
    I somehow missed it in all the files, have to test it on an exe file.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Alright here is the link to the icon again: http://1drv.ms/1xYJT8H

Don't hesitate to PM me if you have questions or wishes. I am happy to help you! What about my question in the first place how to handle the update?
    Last edited by alQamar; November 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.