Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: A/R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.9

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Cancel89 View Post
    [11:01:21] Redirecting CreateDevice : successful (width: 1920, height: 1080)
    [11:01:21] Couldn't open 'D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\SweetFX_settings.txt'... Exiting

Here's a log.
    this cannot be the entire log. It also seems you are not using the correct version, since the SweetFX_settings.txt is not part of GEMFX.
    Last edited by Ganossa; November 19, 2014 at 01:29 AM.

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

@ LuciferHawk:

i have the exact same issue with newest version: my log says the same as above...i already deleted all files from GEM 6.1 before downloading the new installer then subscribing to new version in steam workshop then applying gemsteaminstaller...nothing happens...i already have latest visual c++ and netframework...all versions of GEM worked like a charm before...NOW: i can't even load rome 2 vanilla anymore, whats going on here???

sorry but this time i am out of any solutions

i strongly recommend a detailed step by step installation guide for all none programmers...it's really hard that even rome 2 vanilla cannot start after steam varified all files...how can this be ??? your new version demands sweetfx settings i had to delete as ya say, so how can this be, if i install GEM 6.1 too, i can run Rome 2, if a deinstall GEM 6.1 i cannot load Rome 2 vanilla...it is really frustating, i lost 3 hours for this and methinks i am not the only one getting these failures
    Last edited by Caius Bingerus; November 19, 2014 at 08:27 AM.
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Bingerus View Post
    @ LuciferHawk:

i have the exact same issue with newest version: my log says the same as above...i already deleted all files from GEM 6.1 before downloading the new installer then subscribing to new version in steam workshop then applying gemsteaminstaller...nothing happens...i already have latest visual c++ and netframework...all versions of GEM worked like a charm before...NOW: i can't even load rome 2 vanilla anymore, whats going on here???

sorry but this time i am out of any solutions

i strongly recommend a detailed step by step installation guide for all none programmers...it's really hard that even rome 2 vanilla cannot start after steam varified all files...how can this be ???
    Like before, not being able to start vanilla because of GEM can only be because you did not delete the dxgi.dll.
    I would need the GEMFX.log file to evaluate. Also make sure to really use the new GEMSteamInstaller.

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

hey mate, thx for replying so fast, i worked it out...here is my log:

[15:39:46] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [15:39:46] Running on Win7 or Win8.0...adjusting algorithms
    [15:39:46] Hooking Swapchain and Device found at 'C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll'
    [15:39:46] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'
    [15:39:46] Init Factory-1 hook
    [15:39:46] Factory-1 hook successful
    [15:39:46] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [15:39:46] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [15:39:46] Init Factory-1 hook
    [15:39:46] Factory-1 hook successful
    [15:39:46] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [15:39:46] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [15:39:47] Init Factory-1 hook
    [15:39:47] Factory-1 hook successful
    [15:39:47] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [15:39:47] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [15:39:48] Available Feature Level: 0000B000
    [15:39:48] 1080p detected
    [15:39:48] Full-Screen mode detected
    [15:39:48] Preparing FXAA...
    [15:39:48] 1xFXAA On
    [15:39:48] Thank you for using GEMFX!
    [15:41:18] GEMFX successfully un-hooked from 'E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'

it was one ** sweetfx injector file that prevents me from testing and launching, don't know where this injector file comes from, date was from 17. october 2013!!!! seems like this had tricked me so bad...now it is working and i am testing whole day...the only reason i wrote such a bad posting before is, GEM is the real heart of rome 2 pumping the blood in veins, ya know...thx for all your work and patience good sir...whenever ya visit germany, ya get a beer or two, ya have been invited for lifetime
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Hi, guys.

I am sure I did everything right, all my drivers are up-to-date, but GEM stills forces Shader 3 here, and 'don't do the magic'. I used to take optional installer because I have Win 8 x64 (not 8.1, 8 Interprise), but there is only one installer now, it says that is Win 8.1 compactible, but just don't work here. There is not log.log file, and my gfx.log is below:

device_description = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680"
    vendor_id = 0x10de
    device_id = 0x1180
    in_database = TRUE
    found_vendor_device_ids = FALSE
    matched_device_description = "GeForce GTX 680"
    final_quality = 4
    m_gpu_memory_type_final = 1
    vista_or_later = TruE
    sixty_four_bit_OS = tRUE
    integrated_gpu = fAlSe
    uma_64_bit = FAlSE
    available.unlimited_video_memory = TRUe
    current.unlimited_video_memory = FalsE
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; November 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Any chance to get a standalone (.pack) file without the installer?

Running the game on my mac, so neither the steam nor the installer works.

Thanks,
    Andriy

Don't work for me...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[16:30:38] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [16:30:39] Running on Win8.1 or higher...adjusting algorithms
    [16:30:39] Hooking SwapChain found at 'C:\Windows\system32\dxgi.dll'
    [16:30:39] Hooking Device found at 'C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll'
    [16:30:39] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'
    [16:30:39] Init Factory-1 hook
    [16:30:39] Factory-1 hook successful
    [16:30:39] Feature Level: 00009300
    [16:30:39] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [16:30:39] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [16:30:39] Feature Level: 00009100
    [16:31:46] GEMFX successfully un-hooked from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\rome2.exe'

I've tried every fckng thing u mentioned but it doesn't work for me too... But why??? Btw when I delete gem mod from mod manager, (checked data folder it's gone ok) then when i subscribe again it installs it in a sec how??? 590 mb mod and it downloads in a sec. What am i missing ?
    (btw i'm an old gem user and ı know how to install this)

@to all who got problems:

i've had your same issue (SM forced to 3 and GEM not working, no .log file) and even if .NET Framework was the latest, i solved by uninstalling it manually in the Control Panel (you must look for the INSTALLED UPDATE CODE of the last .NET framework on microsoft website) and then i re-installed everything still manually (not via-Microsoft Update)!
    Other users solved by installing Visual C++ for Visual Studio 2013 update off the Microsoft site manually.

So,first be sure every old GEM files (overall dxgi.dll) and/or anything like that (such as injector) are removed,
    then be sure everything is up to date, and if they already are then try to manually unistall and re-install all .net framework and VC redist!

Hope to help you guys, let us know if it helped!

Hi there! I've been a gem user since a year ago. I've followed all aforementioned steps but my game wouldn't even start. My log like the guy's above :
    [00:37:30] Redirecting CreateDevice : successful (width: 1280, height: 1024)
    [00:37:30] Couldn't open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\SweetFX_settings.txt'... Exiting
    I think that some freaking Sweetfx file remains that I cannot find . Taking that into account I accidentally deleted a file d3d9.dll or something like that and now even GEM is activated it wont even start .Rome starts only with vanilla....Could someone tell me the names of the .dll files that have to be deleted that provoke this ?
    thanks in advance

P.S. I've downloaded both .NET and Vis c++ updates

Slashas's Avatar Miles

to be sure, remove all files, except the datafolder from your rome 2 directory and verify integrity of game cache!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

I think you missed the point on my last post, chap. Bloody rude, actually.

Regardless, I cannot get this to download form Steam, Timbuktu or anywhere else now. Can you just post the old files again, please?

Ok, it works now!

For everyone that have x64 systems: Download Visual C++ 2013 version x64 (64bit) AND version x86 (32bit): the game runs at 32bit even if your system is 64bit, so what you need to run GEM is Visual C++ x86!

Any preset already avaliable?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    I think you missed the point on my last post, chap. Bloody rude, actually.

Regardless, I cannot get this to download form Steam, Timbuktu or anywhere else now. Can you just post the old files again, please?
    What do you mean? So far there are two download sources and I will add more soon (e.g. ModDB).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Ok, it works now!

For everyone that have x64 systems: Download Visual C++ 2013 version x64 (64bit) AND version x86 (32bit): the game runs at 32bit even if your system is 64bit, so what you need to run GEM is Visual C++ x86!
    Thats a very nice piece of advice. Will add it to the description and technical support as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Any preset already avaliable?
    I think Drama was working on something.

I'm sorry for the noob question , everything works with gemfx 1.0 but i can not choose shadows model 5 , i run with win 7 64 ...

it does not work in win8.1?

Hi, this is all a bit confusing.... this is my first time installing GEM or GEMFX as it's now called. Do I really have to set everything up like laid out in the settings section ? My computer won't handle everything at ultra that's for sure. I'm running the Emperor's Edition and I noticed I don't have "texture filtering" in my graphic options. Either way I tried installing it, but the set up GEM settings section is empty and I'm unsure I actually see a difference in-game. I can see things wen a bit more blury that's for sure (anti-aliasing on) but no decent AA, just the smushy stuff. So I went to turn it off mid-battle and ended up with a black screen... that's when i exited to desktop.

Is there a video tutorial made for this? I'd like to see it in action but the documentation is a bit lacking atm....

many thanks

Badger

many thanks.

-posted in technical support thread-
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; November 20, 2014 at 05:41 AM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by samcoolrunner View Post
    I'm sorry for the noob question , everything works with gemfx 1.0 but i can not choose shadows model 5 , i run with win 7 64 ...
    This means it is not working, please check out the technical support thread. (as a short cut check out what Alexandre Lange wrote above).

Quote Originally Posted by anyue2006 View Post
    it does not work in win8.1?
    It works with Windows8.1 cause thats the big point of the new release.

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    Hi, this is all a bit confusing.... this is my first time installing GEM or GEMFX as it's now called. Do I really have to set everything up like laid out in the settings section ? My computer won't handle everything at ultra that's for sure. I'm running the Emperor's Edition and I noticed I don't have "texture filtering" in my graphic options. Either way I tried installing it, but the set up GEM settings section is empty and I'm unsure I actually see a difference in-game. I can see things wen a bit more blury that's for sure (anti-aliasing on) but no decent AA, just the smushy stuff. So I went to turn it off mid-battle and ended up with a black screen... that's when i exited to desktop.

Is there a video tutorial made for this? I'd like to see it in action but the documentation is a bit lacking atm....

many thanks

Badger

many thanks.
    You will definitly notice when GEMFX works cause a logo will be displayed. The best thing you can do to get helps is posting your GEMFX.log file. Like for anyone before you I am positive the issue is also related to .Net Framework and c++ vcredists.