Thread: Oh GOD Why?

Default Oh GOD Why?

I'm playing as Gondor around turn 60+ SIlvan Elf open war against Dale then I close the game cause I can't accept it - -*

Is is enable that good factions can open war against good factions (evil factions as well)???

Default Re: Oh GOD Why?

Lore wise I would be mad if the good and evil peoples were in an unbreakable alliance. In just about every Dwarf campaign I play I usually end up fighting the elves at some point or another (very late game). Especially for Belegost... since it was stolen from the Dwarves in the first place!!!

The Free people's of middle earth had their feuds and it is not entirely far fetched to have inner wars after or near the end of the war of the ring. In my campaign, the good guys are really getting their ass kicked so they have been in a tight alliance so far, however I have had campaigns where the Dwarves for example once went rampaging and colonized all the Anor lands for their own (this was after they dispatched the mountain orcs and even helped Dale out against the Rhun...

As for evil people I often play Rhun against Harad... having an inner war in the very back of both empires causes a major setback when trying to engage the free peoples...I also find it not too far fetched for these two factions, or even the goblin factions to feud with one another... Or even Saruman try to overthrow Sauron and try to be the emperor of middle earth himself...

Won't lie: I've massacred the Dwarves with the Silvan Elves, once. Greedy little bastards.

am feel so sad T^T

When I play a good faction, I always try to make alliances (+trade rights, military access) with all of good factions ASAP. Thus I minimalise chance that they will fight each other.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    When I play a good faction, I always try to make alliances (+trade rights, military access) with all of good factions ASAP. Thus I minimalise chance that they will fight each other.
    Me too
    but they are still open war against each other when around 60+++ Turn

Quote Originally Posted by pangthaiplay View Post
    I'm playing as Gondor around turn 60+ SIlvan Elf open war against Dale then I close the game cause I can't accept it - -*

Is is enable that good factions can open war against good factions (evil factions as well)???
    Even though i havent played vanilla in years, i can tell you that one of the biggest problems back then were the random allied wars. MOS and some other mods fixed this, making it so allies cannot break alliances between each other and thus fight properly vs the evil factions.

The only solution i can think of is to find the mini mod that does that and install it; failing that, get MOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

This might solve your problem (Allied Allies part) without needing any other submod. Might be worth a try.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3-2-compatible

Personally I find it good that everyone can fight everyone else. In my campaigns it tend to be the dwarves and/or Silvan Elves who start fighting others.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

When I play the game as a good faction (which I usually do) I recruit 2-3 diplomats straight away and send them to a World campaign of diplomacy. One to SE/Dale/Dwarves, one to Eriador/HE and one to Gondor/Rohan/Lothlorien. I then use said diplomats to make allies among my allies (there's a nifty little script in MOS that lets you do that, something like Allied Diplomacy?).

Anyway, the most troublesome factions would be HE (they sometimes war against either Dwarves or Eriardor, yes the pointy ears start), SE (again elves, against Dwarves or Dale. I can actually understand warring against those smelly, short, hairy-armoured hobgoblins that are the dwarves).

If you are a small faction or quite stretched with few recruiting settlements (Dwarves, Eriador, Dale), then you need your allies to be allied between them. As Gondor or Rohan, I only do it only because OCD reasons ^_^, everything has got to be neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    I then use said diplomats to make allies among my allies (there's a nifty little script in MOS that lets you do that, something like Allied Diplomacy?).
    Yup, that's a feature in Total Diplomacy that Gildion linked (Total Diplomacy is implemented in MOS).

~~~

For TATW 3.2 I know of no submod containing a good vs evil mode.
    Baron Samedi has it, but that's for 3.1.
    MOS had it a long time ago, as well there were mods for 2.1 with the feature.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Sharing a large border will add to tensions, but certain terrain can make it much worse. Units moving between Dains Halls and Erebor naturally path through a small corner of Thranduil's halls territory, pissing the Silvans off every time. Likewise, Limlight Fort can end up in the hands of Silvans, Isengard, or Rohan easily and can create pathing tensions if the Silvans manage to take it and Thoronburg and path through Rohan between those settlements. Dale has military access with Dwarves, but maybe they conquered terrain creating "pathing tensions" like these examples.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    Dale has military access with Dwarves, but maybe they conquered terrain creating "pathing tensions" like these examples.
    Wait... so walking through someones land leads to problems even with military access? (glances nervously at Gondorian Expeditionary Corps camp at Foldburg)

No, sorry I meant tensions with the Silvans. For example if the Silvans took Rhovanost and Dale was pathing through it from Araw-Uldonovan.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Military Access should be fine though, yes.

TATW also has an inbuilt rule that Dwarves dislike Elves. Their faction standings are decreased a tiny bit each turn. Faction standing is one of the things that the AI will look at when deciding to go to war with somebody.

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

This happened to me several times in vanilla TATW. It's usually Dwarves vs Silvans or Dale vs Silvans. One time it was Silvans vs Rohan. It really is annoying but I'm used to seeing stuff like this in the game, so I just shrug and reload an earlier save (I save very often) and hope for the best.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Master Shu Win's Avatar Foederatus

Love it when Rhun and Harad wage war with each other. It makes it easier on Gondor since Harad is fighting a two-front war and this also delays Sauron sanctioned invasions. Its about turn 75 in my Gondor campaign and not one invasion was called yet so i'm theorizing that the Rhun/Harad war is delaying this, I hope.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12182891
    I miss these 2 submods, which have been removed from MOS :/
    Last edited by Vifarc; November 21, 2014 at 08:37 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.