Thread: Feedback

Default Re: Feedback for patch v1.01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIO3KFnXxDo
    Besides the crash I got in the third match.
    Last edited by BosnianKnight; November 16, 2014 at 04:18 AM.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

Ultimate General: Gettysburg Patch 1.01 HotFix (21/11/2014)

Hello Generals,

Patch 1.01 had been brought back because of some technical issues but now it is live again!

The hotfix includes the following:

- Freezes cure for all systems. Please let us know if you anticipate any issue.
    - Morale balances so that it is resilient but not so stiff to result to frequent total annihilation of units.
    - AI improvements/Fine tunes. Repairs in some AI which were so defensive that they did not want to attack in some maps.
    - Fixes in targeting. Affects positively AI and auto-line management.
    - Further fixes in retreat direction.
    - Balanced artillery to do more reasonable damage from far distance and not so heavy from short distance.
    - Minor text fixes.
    - LoS max intensity increased to be more evident (You can configure in options the optimal intensity).

Read the full changelog of v1.01 here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/3066...56593482281876

Waiting for your feedback in our forums:
    - Game-Labs Forum
    - Steam Forum.

We hope you enjoy the game,

The Game-Labs Team

May the Force set you free my Lord.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

Ultimate General: Gettysburg Patch 1.01 HotFix (25/11/2014)

Hello Generals,

We have just made available a new hotfix:
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/306660/announcements/detail/132057768573374914
    It includes the following:

- Further technical repairs that address freezes and lags
    - Buford's skirmishers have not so low condition regeneration
    - Fix in case of units fighting close at borders that could affect game's stability

Restart Steam for a quick update. To understand that your game has been updated, notice that you have the following version numbers in menu:

Single Player: 1.01 HotFix rev.6915
    Multiplayer: 1.01 HotFix rev.6914

With this hotifix you should notice much better game stability and much smoother/non-desynced multiplayer experience.

If you are still anticipating freezes, we strongly recommend to clean up your installation folder as advised here:
    http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1973-try-this-if-you-have-freeze/

Let us know of any issue and we will address it as fast as we can.

PS.
    Multiplayer server is currently under maintenance and so you cannot connect to play multiplayer. Repairs will be done asap. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Default Re: Feedback for patch v1.01/1.02

Ultimate General: Gettysburg Patch 1.02 (28/11/2014)
    Version 1.01 included a lot of improvements but due to technical bugs it was possible to anticipate random freezes during gameplay according to the system settings. After two hotfixes we provide now a new update which hopefully addresses all the problems:
    http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/patch-102

Hoping that now you can enjoy the game without... disturbances!

Default Re: Feedback

New patch is live

Ultimate General: Gettysburg Patch 1.03

Gameplay
    Various AI improvements to all characters. AI will defend and attack much more efficiently.
    • New optional AI boost settings to increase the challenge. Boost enhances subtly the long range accuracy, the condition recover when idle and the charge bonus, according to AI character. Indirectly of course morale, efficiency and other factors are affected but overall the boost should provide more challenge without overwhelming odds against the player.
    • Artillery will move faster according to distance of waypoint making maneuver columns.
    • Skirmishers condition will not decrease so fast when they move.
    • Artillery will be more vulnerable in direct projectile attacks (Something that up to now made AI effort very difficult, as Artillery got minimal damage and inflicted 100's of casualties with canister volleys). Additionally artillery vs artillery fights will cause more casualties.
    • Slight Union decrease of long range combat effectiveness vs the Confederates.
    • Slight Confederate artillery more accurate at long range fire.
    • Condition changes more dynamically and will not remain to zero state during firefights so often. Careful management of units now is creating a dynamic, more challenging tempo throughout the battle.
    • Various gameplay balances to morale, combat lethality and melee.
    • Improved auto-targeting, especially for artillery which will choose the closest threats much more effectively.

Battle Flow
    • Confederate Thomas brigade is available on speculative 1st day 3rd phase of the battle (requested in forum). Historically it was kept in reserve but since Slocum and Stannard are coming it is logical to appear in the battlefield.
    • Confederate McLaws division arrives in a more south position in battle of Devils Den (requested in forum). This is more historically correct to make possible the planned envelopment maneuver for the Confederates.
    • Iron Brigade and Cutler will arrive in a slightly more northern waypoint in the 1st engagement and reinforcements arrive in more varying delays.

Multiplayer
    New multiplayer map: "Chance to change history". In this historical scenario of 1st July 1863, the Confederates attack with great numbers from West, North and East, heading to Gettysburg and Cemetery hill. The Union forces have a hard task to delay them and hold their ground.
    • Various fixes to existing multiplayer maps according to feedback. The most important are:
    - Reduce of battle delay in some maps that was too big.
    - Balance of VP in some maps that was needed for more balanced battles.
    - Blended in time the reinforcement arrival time for many maps.
    - The Battle of Devil's Den has McLaws to arrive in a more south position (see above in Battle flow).
    - "The confederates counterattack seminary ridge" map is extended to the west, including Cemetery hill and Cemetery ridge and Stannard does not participate. As a result, many more tactical choices are available.
    • Updated the gameplay to fit new single player improvements.
    • Chat messages include punctuation characters (Chat was incomplete without them).

Bug fixes
    • Fixed targeting bug which made units in wavering mode to stop firing. This was very annoying for artillery units which stopped to target and fire until their morale increased or they routed.
    • Fixed morale code bug that affected mostly AI actions, eventually making it weaker vs the player. Units that were standing did not receive the proper morale impacts, resulting eventually to just stand and win easily in many cases when in defense. This bug affected also the multiplayer.

Icon4 Re: Feedback

Your Sithness (anxiously rubbing throat), excuse me to interrupt Your newest victory but perhaps I could divert your attention to
    this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...es-on-start-up
    thread?

It has been very long time since I have visited TWCenter. I am sorry for the many messages I have not replied here and in my other contact sites. It has been and still is a very busy period for me.
    I would like to inform that Ultimate General: Gettysburg, the game I have been making for 2 years now, just received a large patch update.

The update adds various new features such as artillery limbering and night battles. You can find more information in Game-Labs dev blog:
    http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/patch-11-released

Additionally I am pleased to announce that the iPad version of the game has become available before some days. We have "soft launched" it, which means we have not promoted it yet much, as we want to add a trailer video and offer an improvement patch.
    Yet we are very glad that the game has already received very warm welcoming. You can find it in the iTunes store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ulti...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Hope you like what we do in Game-Labs,

Darth

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    It has been very long time since I have visited TWCenter. I am sorry for the many messages I have not replied here and in my other contact sites. It has been and still is a very busy period for me.
    I would like to inform that Ultimate General: Gettysburg, the game I have been making for 2 years now, just received a large patch update.

The update adds various new features such as artillery limbering and night battles. You can find more information in Game-Labs dev blog:
    http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/patch-11-released

Additionally I am pleased to announce that the iPad version of the game has become available before some days. We have "soft launched" it, which means we have not promoted it yet much, as we want to add a trailer video and offer an improvement patch.
    Yet we are very glad that the game has already received very warm welcoming. You can find it in the iTunes store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ulti...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Hope you like what we do in Game-Labs,

Darth
    Hey Darth, any possibility of a Kindle (Android) release?

I've been wanting to play your game for months but my computer is down and I can't fix it yet. But if it were to come to Kindle I know where all my hours would go.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

We know we will support Android. iPad is already available. I remind that the device version is different though. The PC includes more and also multiplayer support.

Default Negative review

Sorry to give a negative review but I was very disappointed with ultimate general civil war and gettysburg. Played them both 4 hours tops could not get into the game. Others say good thing so this is just one opinion. MP maybe would have helped.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread merged.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.