Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Unit Cards.

Petar's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Unit Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by suras333 View Post
    PS: Is it just me or the colours are a little bit wash out? Maybe a little darker..?
    It's not just you. Colours look dimmed indeed. But the art style is great! Best unit cards I've seen so far.

Amazing!!!!

Can't wait for the update.

keep the great work guys

There will - I hope - be an option to retain the current unit cards...?
    I like the vaguery of the artistic renders from the vanilla style
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Semisalis

looks good

Great work.

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

How about the agents unit cards?

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Good unit cards really immerse me in battles well done.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

The unit cards look really nice, keep up the good work!

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Adore the unit cards, new UI filter is also a joy. Well done guys, best wishes from Sweden...

EDIT: The only down side is that you can see in the video that the sythed chariots still have javlins to throw, which is abit of. I would like them to be dedicated melee chariots and give the skirmishing abilities to the more flexible light chariots. Scythed chariots trade their skirmishing ability along with acceleration and turning speed for armour and melee damage. On the other hand light cariots sacrifice armour and melee damage for turning speed, acceleration (along with a very high top speed) and javlins to throw... Just my opinion on how the chariot dynamic should work...
    Last edited by Matmannen; November 12, 2014 at 07:22 AM.

Decanus

Cards look great, tks.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    Adore the unit cards, new UI filter is also a joy. Well done guys, best wishes from Sweden...

EDIT: The only down side is that you can see in the video that the sythed chariots still have javlins to throw, which is abit of. I would like them to be dedicated melee chariots and give the skirmishing abilities to the more flexible light chariots. Scythed chariots trade their skirmishing ability along with acceleration and turning speed for armour and melee damage. On the other hand light cariots sacrifice armour and melee damage for turning speed, acceleration (along with a very high top speed) and javlins to throw... Just my opinion on how the chariot dynamic should work...
    According to my BA Thesis research they should work exactly as you described them. This will be fixed for 1.0.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post

Right, though I do personally think that skirmishing chariots need a bit of a buff anyway because they have so few men they do basically no damage from skirmishing and so their only real use as a melee unit. Same goes with Scythed chariots to the point where the fact they have javelins is pretty irrelevant because they do very little damage.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    Right, though I do personally think that skirmishing chariots need a bit of a buff anyway because they have so few men they do basically no damage from skirmishing and so their only real use as a melee unit. Same goes with Scythed chariots to the point where the fact they have javelins is pretty irrelevant because they do very little damage.
    Perhaps the light chariots to begin with could have a fairly high arsenal of javlins, sure not as much ammo as say, a slinger, but atleast more then your regular peltast (the peltasts are carrying their javlins, while on a chariots you have them laying around). The high top speed of the light chariot would make it really effective at reaching different parts of the battlefield and throwing javlins on the backs of heavier troops. The melee damage would be that high considering you can really only trample your enemy, but the light chariots should atleast be fairly effective in charging skirmichers to death...

Killing heavy infantry you leave to heavy chariots...

Looks awesome even thou i prefer the default ones, gives me a historical feeling

But nice work!

I will probably post a submod after 1.0 releases that has the vanilla unit icons for those who prefer that.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    It's not just you. Colours look dimmed indeed. But the art style is great! Best unit cards I've seen so far.
    Also to me.
    Is it an artistic choice or an unwanted side effect due to the fact that picture of units were taken in game (if that's the case)?
    I have done a lot of UI cards back in the Med2 era using this method, and it was required a bit of post processing to get rid of this "patina" effect that caused the unit to look a bit less sharpen and with some pale colors.
    BTW huge and awesome work.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Love the new icons! Great job.

To whoever asked, yes we also will have agent cards redone. Their preview (and the cultural UI preview) will be released Friday.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    To whoever asked, yes we also will have agent cards redone. Their preview (and the cultural UI preview) will be released Friday.
    Good to know mate....

Cheers..

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Also to me.
    Is it an artistic choice or an unwanted side effect due to the fact that picture of units were taken in game (if that's the case)?
    I have done a lot of UI cards back in the Med2 era using this method, and it was required a bit of post processing to get rid of this "patina" effect that caused the unit to look a bit less sharpen and with some pale colors.
    BTW huge and awesome work.
    Well, adding effects is a very simple and fast process, we just have to use some appropriate ones to get the right colours, no need to worry, all this stuff will be fixed before the 1.0 release
    Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast