Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outlook patch 8.2

Default Outlook patch 8.2

Planned Changes in 8.2: Status 70%

- rebalancement factions: greeks weaker, seleucids stronger status 90%
    - more boni (happiness) for the temples: reduce rebellions status 80%
    - split between war habours and trade harbours: inspired from RTR, EB,..... status 90 %
    - new roman/greek city/harbour models: thanks to Prometheus/ResGestae status 100%
    - enhanced graphics on the battlemap Status 100%
    - leadership system for carthage status 70%
    - leadership system eastern: status 20%
    - ???

leadership system
    roman........................greek..............barbarian..............eastern.............carthage
    faction leader, heir.........Basileus..........Warrior King (Rex,)....Shahanshah........Melek
    consul..........................Strategos............Warlord. (Dux).....Eran Spahbod.....Suffet
    general.......................Syntagmatarkhis......Chieftain...........Spahbod.............Rab Aluf
    legate..........................Tagmartarkhis.....Clan Leader..........Azat..................Rab Seren
    tribune.........................Lochagos...........Horde Leader........Dathapatisch.......Dar Leader
    student (discupulus).......Ephebus...............Knave................student..............student

for the ancilliaries:
    roman Consular army I.......Strategos Army I....Dux Army I.......Spah I............Suffetan Army I
    roman Field army I.............Syntagma I...........Tribe Army I......Drafs I............Rab Field Army I
    roman Legion I..................Tagma I................Clan Army I......Wast I.............Rab Army I

freeze status:
    betatesting status:
    upload status:

repman
    Last edited by repman; November 11, 2006 at 01:54 PM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: Outlook patch 8.2

well, a recent poll (and I mean recent) suggested that the post Marius Res Gestae romans be used in the mod

i'm happy with the roman legion pack and i think units from other factions need maybe more replacement
    But as i said already first is new stuff for gameplay, second are skins...

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

I need some help for the carthage leadership system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    left roman........right carthage

student (discupulus)...........student
    tribune..............................?
    legate...............................?
    general...........................?
    consul.............................Sufet
    faction leader, heir ..................Melek

tribune and legate didn't exist as an office in the Carthaginian army.

If i remember correctly:

it went from student to head of libyan mercenaries to head of numidian mercenaries to general.

greek names could be used as Punic was a mixture between greek and phoenician

Quote Originally Posted by repman
    I need some help for the carthage leadership system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    left roman........right carthage

student (discupulus)...........student
    tribune..............................?
    legate...............................?
    general...........................?
    consul.............................Sufet
    faction leader, heir ..................Melek

try a search on the constition of carthage, i have it in book form if you cant find it online, and will post it for you.

Carthage hada dual political and mil set up, a magistrate could pass laws and lead field forces, generals were apointed for the duration of a war. "Gerousia", or council of elders made up of former kings, "The 100" a ruling body of considerable power/influence, magistrates/Sophet/MightyOnes are the in between levels, do you want in it in Latin or phonecian?.

I need names for the 3 missing levels. Could be Latin or phonecian...no need to be totally historical correct

repman

Hi repman,

i think "general" can be used 4 the carthage leadership system too; the most famous warlord of carthage was alway called: General Barca

Repman

Kings (2 elected from below)-- Title:Melik
    Council (senate equavalent)of 104 ( inner board of 30 from which Kings were chosen)---title Hadirimn for the 104, Shouphetim for the 30.
    All Carthaginian lesser post were preceded by the prefix Rab, denoting officail status.

Melik,Hadirim(MightOnes),Shouphetim, Rab,

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Scaurus
    Hi repman,

i think "general" can be used 4 the carthage leadership system too; the most famous warlord of carthage was alway called: General Barca
    Nope wont do.

carthaginians used a cognomen, much like the Latin cognomen, Hannibal Barca cognomen comes from the thunderous roar hios supporters give after a speech, Barca in phonician is thunder, omans used barca to HB father because of his lightning attacks from Eryx ib Sicily, in ltin Barca is lighning.

So sorry, but your on the wrong track

my sugestion repman is to:

-Add land block feature as well and try to get pontic to stop becoming master of the east.

-Make the nation of Egypt with greek faces since its the greeks ruling not plain egyptians.

-try to get pontic to stop becoming master of the east as it would ruin any atempt by selucids to actually be anything worth fighting

-Germany also becomes an empire mighty quickly. Annoying cause it ruins julli from conquering Gaul and for Gaul to put up a good fight against julli

-unit balancing should be a priority indeed. Cavalry are down right useless because they lack the punch to trample enemy units in a charge, and they fall far to quickly. You already know about the greek gods as well.

- i cannot stress more than to say more realistic unit skins added and fantasy units for greeks eliminated. Spartans in Every known greek city is downright false. Spartan anything besides the red loin cloth and broze pot is false. (im sure with some exceptions)

if i can think of more i shall tell you
    Last edited by Lavastein; November 07, 2006 at 02:30 PM.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

What are you talking about , I love the fantasy units . I can actually semi-reenact the trojan war with out dling a mod . I say yes to the fantasy units but some unit balancing is needed .

well, if repman isn't that keen on accuracy, then the term

legatvs kivivm

would work very well for a Carthaginian general (it's a semi-greekified form of the latin term legatus civium, literally commander of the people, whom the carthaginian generals often were.)

Quote Originally Posted by scannerfish
    What are you talking about , I love the fantasy units . I can actually semi-reenact the trojan war with out dling a mod . I say yes to the fantasy units but some unit balancing is needed .

you like the fantasy units? ok......
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

I don't mind the fantasy units. Just wished the skins would involve less neon colors (like the pink my german axeman tend to wear into combat).

Quote Originally Posted by repman
    Planned Changes in 8.2:

- new roman/greek city/harbour models: thanks to Prometheus/ResGestae status 100%

could this mean that we will see the Res Gestae skins in the update? or is it just the battlemap models?

@hanny
    hadirim?, do you mean hadirin because i do not find the word hadirim ?
    thanks for the input

@lavastein
    - no pontic landblock because factions will behave different in 8.2
    - i like the pharao egypt
    - cavalry: i look into that
    - i like the greek skins

@chaplain
    ok for the generals

@romulus
    only the strategic city/port models from res Gestae

repman

Hi, I just tried the Bare Bones Wars, and I liked it. But there was a problem that I think you can fix in the next patch. I would like to play the Imperial campain also. But the map was all flooded and stuff. I would appriciate it if you could fix this problem and also the reins on the horses are fine but the rider doesn't grasp them they just float in the air. Thanx for reading my message.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Excellent mod!

Is this a bug that when the Marius Reforms (forced) the Pre-marius troops still is recruitable.
    Obviously this is the case, cause i can recruit triarii, hastati, etc after the reforms,

Although i forced "cheated" the reforms just to grab what the segmentata-boys looked like.

I think its annoying to have them recruitable in the city, is there some kind of script i can get rid of them? :hmmm:

rome is a huge city in my game but i have no reforms. repman, could you look into that? rtr made rome able to trigger reforms perhaps you can too.

i didnt mean landblock pntic i meant landblock feature is between libya and beetween the steps so that there is no way carthage and numidia can fight egypt and the selucids go west instead of east.
    Last edited by Lavastein; November 08, 2006 at 04:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast