Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Resource] Have an interesting save at a fun time period? Post it here!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Resource] Have an interesting save at a fun time period? Post it here!

Any interesting saves guys ? we could use a few.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Resource] Have an interesting save at a fun time period? Post it here!

Please upload MORE SAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the biggest turnoffs playing as Rome is how diplomacy is handled as it relates to the Pubic Wars. Because the AI is always so unwilling to give up when the war is clearly won, it often turns into a slog through seemingly endless garrison battles. There's no clarity of the Great Victory that so often settled wars in history. Carthage is particularly frustrating because of their far-flung empire and set of loyal client states. Even if you defeat Carthage, you have to conquer all of Numidia, etc....

Lo and behold, I give you Rome at the end of the Second Punic War! By diligently freeing captives and avoiding war with Carthage's clients, I managed to negotiate an end to the war after taking Africa that involved Carthage accepting client status to Rome and ceding all foreign possession. So Rome now has client states in Numidia, Mauritania, and Iberia, but controls directly Africa, Sicily, and Corsica et Sardinia.

Loading from here, you're free to conquer Gaul or expand into Greece. Beware that while Carthage is well and truly beaten into submission, your client state of Macedon grows powerful in the East and bristles under your yoke. Clever diplomacy may yet salvage the alliance, but war with the Greeks is more likely than not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7vey05fuv...20End.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Ptolemaios Soter; August 26, 2019 at 11:32 PM.

The year is 259 BC and the rising Galatian Kingdom has watched as their once-greatest threat, the Seleucid Empire, has collapsed into obscurity. You now control uncontested much of Anatolia. Word of your victories in turning back the Greeks, and of the the money, power, and honor they earned, has traveled far indeed. In the West, your cousins have sought confederation. You now stand at the head of a united Celtic Empire, separated by hundreds of miles across Greece, Germany, and Italia. Can you forge these two disparate kingdoms into a cohesive world power? Can you fight not just on two fronts, but on both ends of the known world? To the East, the former Seleucid Satraps still seek your blood, while in the West, the powerful Empires of Carthage and Rome threaten your newly incorporated provinces in Gaul and Aquitania.

(Your armies are based on a mercenary and AOR pike mainline with Galatian swords and spears mastering the flanks, inverting the traditional composition of the Hellenics with mercenary Galatians on the flanks and Greek settler-citizens forming the mainline pikes. Oh, and you have elephants. Get ready to roflstomp).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj73dghmx4...inter.zip?dl=0

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

[
    QUOTE=nhvanputten
    ;15827754]One of the biggest turnoffs playing as Rome is how diplomacy
    is handled as it relates to the Pubic Wars. Because the AI is always so unwilling to give up when the war
    is clearly won, it often turns into a slog through seemingly endless garrison battles. There's no clarity of the Great Victory that so often settled wars in history. Carthage is particularly frustrating because of their far-flung empire and set of loyal client states. Even if you defeat Carthage,
    you have to conquer all of Numidia, etc....

Lo and behold, I give you Rome at the end of the Second Punic War! By diligently freeing captives and avoiding war with Carthage's clients, I
    managed to negotiate an end to the war after taking Africa that involved Carthage accepting client status to Rome and ceding all foreign possession. So Rome now has client states in Numidia, Mauritania, and Iberia, but controls directly Africa, Sicily, and Corsica et Sardinia.

Loading from here, you're free to conquer Gaul or expand into Greece. Beware that while Carthage is well and
    truly beaten into submission, your client state of Macedon grows powerful in the East and bristles under your yoke. Clever diplomacy may yet salvage the alliance, but war with the Greeks is more likely
    than not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7vey05fuv...20End.zip?dl=0
    [/QUOTE]

Thank you

The links aren't active, I go on the page and it says can't be previewed?
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; September 06, 2019 at 08:54 PM.

Oh darn. I’ll take a look. Anyone know a better way to link/upload files here?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You have to zip the save for a direct upload.
    It is higly better if you keep uploading them into store sites though.

Rome N/N save for DEI with Realism 1.6 (inc roads mod), also no liberations
    Turn 87

Background: Northern border is secure with a defensive alliance with Carnutes and good relations and non aggression packs with the Arvernii and the Boii. Currently at war with Macedon, Carthage and Knossos. Carthage are all but beaten with the lusitani kicking them out of Iberia, your client state, the Lucani, attacking them in Sicily, Egypt well into the province of Africa and one of your own armies in Sardinia. You have an army stationed in Tarraco and the rest are in the Macedonian theatre. You have just destroyed 2 fleets of transports from Knossos and since the war began with Macedon, taken out 3 of their stacks. you saved your client state with a supporting army, Eravici, when Macedon assaulted Zarmizegetuse. This gave you an excuse for war. You also managed to turn their client state, the Getae against them so a lot of their armies are are tied up in Dacia while you have recently taken the entire Adriatic coast from them. You have just wiped out 2 of their armies while in a counter attack after you took Epidamnos.

building up for a slave heavy economy once I take Thracia from Macedon. Politics are very stable with political marriages with all parties

https://dropfiles.org/gf6oeRhN

My Mountaineering Blog -
    https://grahamwyllie.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234