Thread: Chariots?

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Default Chariots?

In three kingdoms films, tv-series and romances, there are often chariots in battle.
    why in mod not?

Default Re: Chariots?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    In three kingdoms films, tv-series and romances, there are often chariots in battle.
    why in mod not?
    I belive that chariots are very buggy and cause CTDS (crash to desktop) or they cant attck properly as there is no animation for them yet for any mod i have seen/played.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

mmm for animation there are some mods of medieval that have chariots. like Europa Barbarorum 2.

Because chariots weren't prominently employed during the Three Kingdoms era.

I think if you want chariots in this time period you can try Han Zhi Shang; I think they have it.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Because chariots weren't prominently employed during the Three Kingdoms era.
    As far as I know, chariots were used in the beginning of the Three Kingdoms period. Later, they were replaced by professional cavalry.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    As far as I know, chariots were used in the beginning of the Three Kingdoms period. Later, they were replaced by professional cavalry.
    Nope. By the time of the Three Kingdoms period, and even the Late Han, chariots had been superseded by cavalry in warfare. They were used as transportation vehicles for individuals, but in terms of battlefield applications, they were well considered obsolete by this point in time.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.