Thread: Getting music mod from Wwise to PFM

Default Getting music mod from Wwise to PFM

I downloaded Wwise and went through all the process of setting up a new soundtrack with new music in the place of every single "silence.wav" file as the tutorial said to do, then used generate audio to get the appropriate Global_Music and Music_Data .bnks. I'd assumed, as per the instructions, all I had to do then was create a new mod with the PFM and place Global_Music and Music_Data inside of a .pack file then put it in the data directory, and it would work. However, after first attempting it, when I started up the game I still had vanilla music.

So, my next step was to add all of the .wav files AND the .wem versions to the .pack file, just in case, along with Global_music and Music_Data. So far, I still haven't figured out how to get it to actually work in-game, but I'm getting no crashing or anything out of it, which I figure means it's not reading my .pack file for whatever reason.

The mod is showing up on the mod manager launcher screen as well and I'm activating it from there, as well as installing it with PFM too. It just doesn't seem to actually apply itself for whatever reason.

Is there something I have to do to make sure it gets prioritized over the vanilla music.pack file? Did I do something wrong in Wwise that would cause the generated soundbanks to not work and it to revert to vanilla music?

Default Re: Getting music mod from Wwise to PFM

Use wwise to create the mod files (.Wems etc), follow mackles guide if your confused.

When you have generated the audio. Copy all of the .WEM files from the generatedsoundbanks folder plus the global_music and Music_data files to a folder called 'audio'. Then boot up PFM, click create new, right click on the unnamed mod, click add from directory. Select the audio folder. Save as whatever you wish to call the mod and boot it.

Thats it.

After going back and tracing my steps all the way through, I figured out my stupid mistake. I didn't put a directory in the pack file for audio, I just packed everything in without a folder.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

can someone please guide me where I could the tools necessary to mod Rome 2 music, and some directions as well?

Sure, its called either search or google. you know there is an entire subforum dedicated to Rome 2 modding. I would suggest starting there.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for your reply Tyso3, but next time please be more courteous with your answer.

Quite simply GM, you didnt look before you asked for help, If you did look you would of found the tools very easily and the guide.

Im happy to help anyone who needs help, but im not here to do it all for you

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Not simple for me, not everyone is a computer expert, I know my way around but I need direction, and I learn fast, all I'm saying is just be more courteous that's all
    Anyways man, I'm still having trouble downloading that music mod tool safely, my antivirus software detected it as unsafe, so I deleted it, and on top of that I downloaded an MP3 to wav converter, and evidently it came with a nice trojan package and some nice cookies and malware, I've spent the hole day yesterday on the phone with IT cleaning my computer; that's one of the reasons I'm reaching out for some help beside my lack of knowledge.
    Anyways man thanks and take care.
    Last edited by GM207; November 14, 2014 at 12:35 PM.

Use audacity, its free and virus free.

Use the wwise links, its also virus free.

Antivirus will detect anything that is illegal or seen as non public material as a virus btw.