Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Para Bellum

Default Re: Para Bellum

Alright, thank you for the detailed answer. Although it's a bit saddening I guess I'll then just have to play Attila for now with WoF and try Ancient Empires once it comes out

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Its have been a while i never play rome 2, then i say "what the hell" lets try medieval system, then i try this mod that i already download many month ago but never try it, then i notice something that pique my interest, the mod for somehow boost my fps during battle, then i realize it , because the battle being slow down, the casuality dont go spike drasticly but little and little that allowed my pc to catch up allowed stable gain fps during battle.Seem less cinematic combat also help this , especially if you plan having super big battle like 40 vs 40 where more animation = more drop in perfomance. I even able to combine with "enchanted Particle" and still the game dont drop below 35 FPS on very crowded area. Usually under the same setting and same condition i will get like 11 - 19 FPS . Without the mod i get like 65 FPS, if turn on the mod i get 90 FPS, its like 25 FPS difference which is very huge. Yes i notice combat animation 1 by 1 mostly is disable ( i understand when i see kv rules), but the fact i can run extreme setting without laggy in many big battle is something worthwhile.

Very very impressive, indeed even on Extreme setting + enchanted particle and even use several mod that kill fps like blood effect . I never though that we can cheat FPS by tweaking battle system , enabled the pc catched up the progress. Fine job indeed Sheridan, you should try to put "This mod boost your FPS"
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; June 17, 2015 at 12:27 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Sorry I haven't attended to this thread for a couple of days. Thank you very much, Junaidi. I honestly had no idea it boosted FPS by that much - but given that troops allow more space, particularly in combat, it seemed likely that there'd be some at least. Hopefully, the Attila mod will deliver equally well on this area. I hope you liked the mod features as well, by the way.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

You said difficulty must be set to normal.... if dificulty its normal wont be to easy???

Normal is recommended, or the AI will receive some hefty morale bonuses. You can of course play on higher difficulties if you wish to, but the AI troops won't rout very often.

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Hey guys. I have been using ParaBellum for a while, and last night i relized i wasn't seeing any Decaps or amputations at all. So i ran about 5 cutom small battles 1v1 and yeah nothing at all. So i added a mod too increase the frequency of those types of animations and still nothing at all.
    So i removed the ParaBellum and OMG i was slapped in the face with so many death animations my head was spinning.

So my question is, Are there items in this mode that prevent Decaps Amputation death animations?
    Because from where i'm sitting there must be

Appreciate any advice in order to use this beautiful mod and have my animations flowing in game.

Regards
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc04 View Post
    Hey guys. I have been using ParaBellum for a while, and last night i relized i wasn't seeing any Decaps or amputations at all. So i ran about 5 cutom small battles 1v1 and yeah nothing at all. So i added a mod too increase the frequency of those types of animations and still nothing at all.
    So i removed the ParaBellum and OMG i was slapped in the face with so many death animations my head was spinning.

So my question is, Are there items in this mode that prevent Decaps Amputation death animations?
    Because from where i'm sitting there must be

Appreciate any advice in order to use this beautiful mod and have my animations flowing in game.

Regards
    Decapitation animations require matched combat, and the mod is set on none at all (0%). But this is fortunately something you very easily can change yourself, using PFM. In the _kv_rules table, entry #98, melee_matched_combat_percentage, increase this to any value between 1 and 100. The higher, the more such animations you should see, but at the same time troop formations will break up more frequently. I hope that helps

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Thnxs mate for a detailed responce lovely
    Just a further question. Is the steam version got ACR?
    If so would that clash with the mod called Uniform Colors Remastered?

Thxs again
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

It does to my memory, yeah. So, I don't think the two would be compatible, but you should still be able to run them together, I believe prioritizing UCR (by loading it first) may have it override ACR.

Link is dead :/