Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
I don't see Refuse as Shepard somehow sticking to his principles but rather the logical choice when you find out your secret surprise plan was known, foretold and is controlled by the enemy all along and you just handed Space Hitler his Space Nuke with it. Do you now also pull the trigger for him or rather attempt to find a different path to victory?

Destroy doesn't do any more damage than Synthesis or Control, you just also get rid off the threat everyone (including all galactic civiliations) signed up willingly to lay down their lives for. You play with everyone's lives in Control and Synthesis more than with Destroy because you have no actual insight about the end result and in fact kind of betray everyone on vague promises and veiled threats.

I like Refuse because it is something special. Do you rather go down fighting or hand over everyone's destiny to their murderers on some vague promises. That is an interesting choice compared to red, blue or green. Also you could have done a more awesome epilogue with Liara detailing to the next cycle how everyone's sacrifice can save them.
I mean, I've gone over this before, and we know they've got control, total control of everything. And I can pick one that kills everyone or one of two that doesn't. What's my job as an officer of the military and a SPECTRE who's job is to literally protect the political institution in ways that may not be politically acceptable.