Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Update v1.0 beta - info leaks and sneak peaks

Default Re: Next Update v0.601 Hotfix

The latest hotfix version is only 283 mb???? That can't be right.

Also Sobek Cultists are only 160 men, not 320

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni View Post
    The latest hotfix version is only 283 mb???? That can't be right.
    its compressed. You will need to extract it to your data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Its been reuploaded now.

Unless anyone finds anything not quite right with the current hotfix, it is pretty much how it will be for release.

So let me know what you think of the hotfix version (speak now as the next update after this wont be till the end of the year of early next year)
    End of the year?! The holidays are a time of giving! Woe to the vanquished indeed.

Just kidding The wait will be torturous but I'm pumped for more features and factions. Things are busy these days but I'll eventually give more feedback. Thanks for all the hotfixes, great improvements so far!

Okay so I've gotten far enough into an Iberian campaign to realize I don't understand the redone recruitment. Most buildings seem to offer no recruitment. I saw that one of the lodge upgrades offers me scutari spears but that's kind of odd considering most Iberian factions don't start with a provincial capital. I had a look at the mod with PFM (very confusing) but all I could see was a reference to a Ritual Dueling tech and most units being unlocked with tavern/meeting hall buildings. None of the research trees mentions unlocks and having to seize a capital to recruit troops 25+ turns into a few select buildings means that this faction's roster is almost inaccessible. Even basic Scutari Spears and Swords aren't around. Am I missing anything in regards to this? (Playing as Arevaci)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCakes View Post
    Okay so I've gotten far enough into an Iberian campaign to realize I don't understand the redone recruitment. Most buildings seem to offer no recruitment. I saw that one of the lodge upgrades offers me scutari spears but that's kind of odd considering most Iberian factions don't start with a provincial capital. I had a look at the mod with PFM (very confusing) but all I could see was a reference to a Ritual Dueling tech and most units being unlocked with tavern/meeting hall buildings. None of the research trees mentions unlocks and having to seize a capital to recruit troops 25+ turns into a few select buildings means that this faction's roster is almost inaccessible. Even basic Scutari Spears and Swords aren't around. Am I missing anything in regards to this? (Playing as Arevaci)
    Ill take another look at it today.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Uploading the latest version of the wip hotfix now. Includes 1 - 129 from the OP working change log.

@matty cakes, have expanded teh arevacia recruitment a little.

Also the tech ritual duels will unlocked the mixed units even though it doesnt say so in the tech description. If you research it and have access to no mixed units please post here and I'll look again.

Uploading the latest version of the wip hotfix now. Includes 1 - 129 from the OP working change log.

@matty cakes, have expanded teh arevacia recruitment a little.

Also the tech ritual duels will unlocked the mixed units even though it doesnt say so in the tech description. If you research it and have access to no mixed units please post here and I'll look again.
    Thanks Magnar, I'll let you know how it works out. Is the hotfix still uploading? Sourceforge link is empty.

EDIT: File's there but I think it's broken. Downloaded and re-downloaded from mirrors, won't extract.
    Last edited by MattyCakes; November 16, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Upload is up now

Also Sobek Cultists are only 160 men, not 320
    Was this addressed?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Was this addressed?
    No, they will be removed in the next content update

SilverCohort's Avatar Civis

HOLY , this mod is amazing. At first i didn't see the difference between DEI and VV but at any rate this is as realistic as it will ever get. Thank you guys for creating a master peace, and its only 1/3rd done.

Foederatus

Ave Magnar!

Started a campaing with the Romans and running the latest version of the Hotfix;
    I am now at 246BC and trying to play the more historically close of real events as possible so when the Insubres took Genua I moved two stacks (my consular army with one socii legion and one roman legion) to liberate the city.
    Fighting the battle a real weird thing happened, the Insubres had an army onboard of transports that headed east of Genua to move ashore and the transports moved far inland!!
    It seems the beach was considered water region..
    Another interesting thing, the ships were greek style with a big Poseidon's statue at their front..very beautiful indeed but didn't they should be of Galic type??
    I can send the saved battle file if you want to see it;

Keep up the amazing work!!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Galba View Post
    Ave Magnar!

Started a campaing with the Romans and running the latest version of the Hotfix;
    I am now at 246BC and trying to play the more historically close of real events as possible so when the Insubres took Genua I moved two stacks (my consular army with one socii legion and one roman legion) to liberate the city.
    Fighting the battle a real weird thing happened, the Insubres had an army onboard of transports that headed east of Genua to move ashore and the transports moved far inland!!
    It seems the beach was considered water region..
    Another interesting thing, the ships were greek style with a big Poseidon's statue at their front..very beautiful indeed but didn't they should be of Galic type??
    I can send the saved battle file if you want to see it;

Keep up the amazing work!!
    The greek ships are intentional. With x2 unit sizes if we use the barbarian ships they only fit 160-200 men on them, but if we use the big greek ships then they fit 238.

Units that dont fit on ships appear underwater unkillable and can mess with pathfinding so we have tried to minimise the number of men that appear under water. The down side is the loss of a little immersion. Hopefully one day someone will figure out how to increase ship capacity and we can once again use he barbarian style ships.

The inland ship was on campaign or battle?

Foederatus

The greek ships are intentional. With x2 unit sizes if we use the barbarian ships they only fit 160-200 men on them, but if we use the big greek ships then they fit 238.

Units that dont fit on ships appear underwater unkillable and can mess with pathfinding so we have tried to minimise the number of men that appear under water. The down side is the loss of a little immersion. Hopefully one day someone will figure out how to increase ship capacity and we can once again use he barbarian style ships.

The inland ship was on campaign or battle?
    I see, a very clever solution indeed!
    Regarding the inland ships that happened at the battle map;

When will the Army ability, Military Training be fixed? This has been the only Issue that has really been bothering me because every time i use the fortify stance I am reminded that the ability is broken.

Also how is your auxiliary system more historically accurate then DEI (AOR) auxiliary system? (Q FOR ANYONE)

I love the mod and the combat is very unique, also i love the fact that i actually care about my men now, unlike vanilla or DEI where i would just send them in on dicey suicide missions and just recruit more in an endless stream.

Also as an idea, is there anyway to order your Garrison men to abandon a settlement when outnumbered? I feel like i've lost 1000s of Garrison Generals, brave fools.
    Last edited by SilverCohort; November 17, 2014 at 07:07 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    When will the Army ability, Military Training be fixed? This has been the only Issue that has really been bothering me because every time i use the fortify stance I am reminded that the ability is broken.

Also how is your auxiliary system more historically accurate then DEI (AOR) auxiliary system? (Q FOR ANYONE)

I love the mod and the combat is very unique, also i love the fact that i actually care about my men now, unlike vanilla or DEI where i would just send them in on dicey suicide missions and just recruit more in an endless stream.

Also as an idea, is there anyway to order your Garrison men to abandon a settlement when outnumbered? I feel like i've lost 1000s of Garrison Generals, brave fools.
    The Military Training stance will need to be reworked into another stance as most the effects that would relate to a military training stance dont work on what used to be the forced march stance.

On DeI vs VV Roman Auxilia: Our Auxilia still need work, most notably reworking of colours, shields and officers.

On historical accuracy we have gone with a theory that red was a colour for the citizen legions and that the auxilia being non citizens for the most part would have to use other colours.

Regarding the auxilia represented DeI has 108 Auxilia based on Auxilia that were raised by Rome mostly before 70AD but (correct me if I'm wrong) some that were also raised after 70ad eg Ala Sagittariorum Commagenorum? (Im using a book from 1914 so i could very well be wrong here )

VV only has auxilia cohorts that were raised before 70AD

DeI and VV also differ on the timing on auxilia being unlocked. Although the historical information provided in the DeI auxilia overhaul correctly mentions the use of auxilia beginning mid 1st C bc, they are available for recruitment in DeI from the marian reforms (late 2nd C bc).

In VV regular auxilia are available with the Augustan reform which is tied to tech (we dont have a scripter ) and the tech is roughly timed to mid 1st C bc.

Other differences would be to do with unit equipment, DeI's auxilia makes more use of local helmet types like negaus and a number of other helmets.

VV has a smaller variety of helmets on the units. Syrian archers clearly have their local helmet as per reliefs depicting them as such but the melee auxilia have more standardised helmets. The reason for the more standardised helmets in VV is due to a) Relatively centralised Roman military industry b) As is evident especially in Italy where there used to be a wide variety of different helmets, after Roman domination those local styles of helmet were generally phased out. VV has assumed this phase out occurred throughout the rest of the empire as well (please correct me if this assumption is incorrect) c) A lot of the auxilia equipment was at least initially handed down from those legions that were disbanded, I doubt Roman legionaries wore helmets from other cultures.

No one can really say which auxilia are more historically accurate, our auxilia units vary only due to different assumptions and perspectives (and possibly sources).

Lastly, garrisons cant retreat sorry. That is hard coded as far as I am aware.

The Military Training stance will need to be reworked into another stance as most the effects that would relate to a military training stance dont work on what used to be the forced march stance.

On DeI vs VV Roman Auxilia: Our Auxilia still need work, most notably reworking of colours, shields and officers.

On historical accuracy we have gone with a theory that red was a colour for the citizen legions and that the auxilia being non citizens for the most part would have to use other colours.

Regarding the auxilia represented DeI has 108 Auxilia based on Auxilia that were raised by Rome mostly before 70AD but (correct me if I'm wrong) some that were also raised after 70ad eg Ala Sagittariorum Commagenorum? (Im using a book from 1914 so i could very well be wrong here )

VV only has auxilia cohorts that were raised before 70AD

DeI and VV also differ on the timing on auxilia being unlocked. Although the historical information provided in the DeI auxilia overhaul correctly mentions the use of auxilia beginning mid 1st C bc, they are available for recruitment in DeI from the marian reforms (late 2nd C bc).

In VV regular auxilia are available with the Augustan reform which is tied to tech (we dont have a scripter ) and the tech is roughly timed to mid 1st C bc.

Other differences would be to do with unit equipment, DeI's auxilia makes more use of local helmet types like negaus and a number of other helmets.

VV has a smaller variety of helmets on the units. Syrian archers clearly have their local helmet as per reliefs depicting them as such but the melee auxilia have more standardised helmets. The reason for the more standardised helmets in VV is due to a) Relatively centralised Roman military industry b) As is evident especially in Italy where there used to be a wide variety of different helmets, after Roman domination those local styles of helmet were generally phased out. VV has assumed this phase out occurred throughout the rest of the empire as well (please correct me if this assumption is incorrect) c) A lot of the auxilia equipment was at least initially handed down from those legions that were disbanded, I doubt Roman legionaries wore helmets from other cultures.

No one can really say which auxilia are more historically accurate, our auxilia units vary only due to different assumptions and perspectives (and possibly sources).

Lastly, garrisons cant retreat sorry. That is hard coded as far as I am aware.

last thing, what's the condition of your other mod Magnar Mod, is it compatible with rome 2.0. And if its being merged with this mod when will recruitment limits and TTT and Meaningful Resources be added?

I think that there is not other mod....Vae Victis is the merge of Magnar Mod and Imperium Aquilarum..so...

So in v0.602 can someone please fix or remove that army ability. As an idea DEI replaced it with a ability to Police the area, not sure if its historically accurate or not.

thank you for your time and responding to my posts so far.