Thread: Belgae Campaign (Emperor Edition)

Default Belgae Campaign (Emperor Edition)

screenshots & download:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=329536461

BELGAE is a FULLY WORKING campaign & overhaul mod for the Augustus campaign. With fully working I mean that playing as one of the Belgae factions (I split their two regions in two factions) you have everything like in the normal playable factions. Unlike mods that unlock factions, here everything works including:
    - civil war feature
    - victory conditions
    - missions, dilemmas, events, visitors, etc.
    - faction specific chapter objectives, an intro...
    EVERYTHING!

The reason is that in this mod the Belgae factions are not unlocked factions. To create this mod I actually changed starting positions from the Iceni and Marcomanni and completely changed these playable factions into the two Belgae tribes. The original Belgae replace the Marcomanni and a neighbour of the Iceni is renamed as Iceni with two regions in its grip. You can play this mod multiplayer, but the Iceni and Marcomanni will not be available. All other playable factions are.

The idea I had in mind for this mod was a coop against Rome. One of the Belgae factions is a client state of Rome like in the vanilla version, the other Belgae are still independent. Maybe together they can take on Rome... They start with nothing, though, each faction has only one region and one general (with his oathsworn bodyguards). The idea is to make it a challenge, so I have kept rewards of the chapter objectives much lower than for vanilla playable factions.

I recommend using this Campaign mod with some of my other mods (check my shared files):
    + Rome II Unit cards mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250932887
    + Faction Screen Overhaul:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329441842
    (both available in movie files for multiplayer, so players don't necessarily have to play with the same graphical mod)

In this version I included overhaul changes from the Belgae tribes overhaul mod:
    - Unit size (80->200; 60->150 etc.)
    - Civil war mod (positive and negative army slot effects, civil war possible from fame level 2, etc.)
    - Champions mod (less revolutionary trainer champions, mostly effective in the first two levels)
    - Army movement overhaul cf unit (art. slow, cav fast, etc.)
    - Generals expensive: 1000 instead of 250 base cost
    - Adjusted recruitment times (light units 1 turn, medium units 2 turns, heavy 3 turns)
    - Battle & campaign cameras have more overview possibility

Also included are changes from the Garrison Fix (a very necessary fix that changes the garrison size, making it similar to vanila Suebi, quite strong):
    for ALL campaigns: every faction has a elite unit like noble spears, spear nobles, etc. Most of these units have influence on nearby units. Also, in later building upgrades all factions, certainly all playable factions have still garrison units... This was really messed up. Some factions had small garrisons, some very large. This mod brings balance after the first few turns when the effect of this mod takes place for other factions. But taking a city can be hard now.

If you prefer the campaign without these changes or want to check out some screenshots, just have a look here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329475255

CheerS

Last edited by Viking1978; November 15, 2014 at 04:15 AM.

Default Re: Belgae Campaign (Emperor Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1978 View Post
    screenshots & download:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=329536461

BELGAE is a FULLY WORKING campaign & overhaul mod for the Augustus campaign. With fully working I mean that playing as one of the Belgae factions you have everything like in the normal playable factions. Unlike mods that unlock factions, here everything works including:
    - civil war feature

- victory conditions
    - missions, dilemmas, events, visitors, etc.
    - faction specific chapter objectives, an intro...
    EVERYTHING!

The reason is that in this mod the Belgae factions are not unlocked factions. To create this mod I actually changed starting positions from the Iceni and Marcomanni and completely changed these playable factions into the two Belgae tribes. The original Belgae replace the Marcomanni in their turn and a neighbour of the Iceni is renamed as Iceni with two regions in its grip. You can play this mod multiplayer, but the Iceni and Marcomanni will not be available. All other playable factions are.

The idea I had in mind for this mod was a coop against Rome. One of the Belgae factions is a client state of Rome like in the vanilla version, the other Belgae are still independant. Maybe together they can take on Rome... They start with nothing, though, each faction has only one region and one general (with his oathsworn bodyguards). The idea is to make it a challenge, so I have kept rewards of the chapter objectives much lower than for vanilla playable factions.

I recommend using this Campaign mod with some of my other mods (check my shared files):
    + Rome II Unit cards mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250932887
    + Faction Screen Overhaul:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329441842
    (both available in movie files for multiplayer, so players don't necessarily have to play with the same graphical mod)

In this version I included overhaul changes from the Belgae tribes overhaul mod:
    - Unit size (80->200; 60->150 etc.)
    - Civil war mod (positive and negative army slot effects, civil war possible from fame level 2, etc.)
    - Champions mod (less revolutionary trainer champions, mostly effective in the first two levels)
    - Army movement overhaul cf unit (art. slow, cav fast, etc.)
    - Generals expensive: 1000 instead of 250 base cost
    - Adjusted recruitment times (light units 1 turn, medium units 2 turns, heavy 3 turns)
    - Battle & campaign cameras have more overview possibility

Also included are changes from the Garrison Fix (a very necessary fix that changes the garrison size, making it similar to vanila Suebi, quite strong):
    for ALL campaigns: every faction has a elite unit like noble spears, spear nobles, etc. Most of these units have influence on nearby units. Also, in later building upgrades all factions, certainly all playable factions have still garrison units... This was really messed up. Some factions had small garrisons, some very large. This mod brings balance after the first few turns when the effect of this mod takes place for other factions. But taking a city can be hard now.

If you prefer the campaign without these changes or want to check out some screenshots, just have a look here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329475255

CheerS

Can you please post non steam link please ???

sedo's Avatar Foederatus

Finally can play a serious campaign with the Belgae thanks

This will probably be conflicting with most mods I guess ?

A good way to tell what is compatible and what not is using the Modmanager.
    Small mods have a high chance of being compatible, UI mods should all be compatible.

Examples of graphical mods I use:

Arcade graphical effects removal
    Cloud Removal
    Wonders of the World Depicted Standalone
    UI: Ammunition shown for melee and spear infantry
    GEM
    faction_screen_overhaul.pack
    Rome II Unit cards mod (with Normal's Unit Icons)

Other mods I use:

CG's New negative Traits Remover
    AI Food Fix: No More Starving AI
    City Sack & Liberation Mod by Dresden
    Season Effects for Main Campaign
    Rome: Total War Music
    Sell Your Slaves

A more basic version which only changes the necessary to have a "vanilla" style game can be found here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=329475255
    It is compatible with many more mods, also unit mods. Best thing you can do is use the Modmanager, though. Then you are sure.

(Concerning this mod: Belgae mod = Belgae tribes mod + Belgae overhaul mod + Garrison fix mod
    It does not contain any changes in UI and neither does it have any other graphical changes.)
    Last edited by Viking1978; October 31, 2014 at 03:13 PM.

sedo's Avatar Foederatus

The basic version works better alongside my other mods

I've been using mitch mod manager forever but it doesn't always show all the conflicts

thank you