Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Haha. Perhaps you should also tell them that I was playing as the Confederates. Reeeaall clever though

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

I still get the crappy regular uniforms that the old version had.

Like this- http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...y/confed_2.jpg

When it should be this- http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...nfield-new.jpg

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    I dont get it
    Every regiment with every sprite has the exact same uniform as the first picture. The second picture should be what units look like. Other than that can you at least tell me what you don't get? I don't know how to re-word it when you are not being that specific.

So your confed brigades are full of men raising their arms like they're doing gymnastics, not having muskets to shoot and looking very weird? I think you installed something wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    Every regiment with every sprite has the exact same uniform as the first picture. The second picture should be what units look like. Other than that can you at least tell me what you don't get? I don't know how to re-word it when you are not being that specific.
    Well, I'm confused, because I don't see the problem. The model you show IS the new model.
    When you wrote that you only have the old models, I expected the old ETW models (which are still in the mod and some units use those because of a bug (confed skirmishers i think).

Thats how the Units should look like:

If they all have the same look (clones) you should increase your graphic setting, especially the unit_detail option.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Well, I'm confused, because I don't see the problem. The model you show IS the new model.
    When you wrote that you only have the old models, I expected the old ETW models (which are still in the mod and some units use those because of a bug (confed skirmishers i think).

Thats how the Units should look like:

If they all have the same look (clones) you should increase your graphic setting, especially the unit_detail option.
    Yeah exactly. They are all clones of that first picture. Same model and everything. So I just need to up the graphic setting? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post
    So your confed brigades are full of men raising their arms like they're doing gymnastics, not having muskets to shoot and looking very weird? I think you installed something wrong!
    I said they had the same uniforms. Next time before posting a useless comment, think before you act. It's obvious you know I would know I installed something wrong in a situation like that. Lord help this man.

My God you guys nailed!!!!! I mean TOTALLY GOT it right. I am long time civil war buff and relic hunter. I hunted the Miller Cornfield when I was a kid. Back then the Miller family still owned the land and let us metal detect there. I also did a lot of authentic civil war living history with a confederate unit with the park service. You attention to detail is very impressive. I had your earlier version and did a Pickett's charge video on my youtube site. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2r...RU9NHUpMUkz-eA But you have it right now and have the regiments in two ranks.

My only comment after first battle, the video on youtube showed bayonets. I do not have bayonets showing. Also, who ever did the Cornfield map you were so exact, only thing you left out was the Dunker Church. http://www.nps.gov/anti/historyculture/dunkerchurch.htm http://www.wpclipart.com/American_Hi...hurch.png.html

But all I can say is Fantastic Job, CA is nuts. If you had the Campaign piece to go with the battles, you would have a hit here in the states!!! Can't wait to play more and will work some videos.

just played the Burnside Bridge scenario, now I know why Lee almost had his butt kicked. Had McClellan launched all attacks simultaneously the ANV would have been destroyed. Suggestion for future upgrade. Be nice to have Sharpsburg town visible in the background for this scenario. It was not then and still is not a large town. But great scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarranger View Post
    My only comment after first battle, the video on youtube showed bayonets. I do not have bayonets showing. Also, who ever did the Cornfield map you were so exact, only thing you left out was the Dunker Church. http://www.nps.gov/anti/historyculture/dunkerchurch.htm http://www.wpclipart.com/American_Hi...hurch.png.html
    Thank you for your comment, it's much appreciated

Slyk created those maps and scenarios and did a wonderful job on them. As far as I can remember the Dunker Church is visible on the sunken road map

It should also be visible by the West woods on the Cornfield map. I was a prominent feature in that phase of the battle. You have everything else exact on the Cornfield map. Burnside Bridge map would be better if you started the Confederates in defensive positions along Antietam creek and fight all the way back to Sharpsburg. Would be nice, but not sure you could do it, have A.P. Hill's Division arrive at a certain time in the scenario as reinforcements. They forced marched from Harpers Ferry and saved the Confederates as Burnside was almost in the town which would have cut the Confederate Army's route of retreat across the river.

Don't worry, we know about the Dunker Church, it was simply forgotten on this map, but appears on other antietam maps.

The church is/was in the Cornfield map... perhaps it got changed for some reason but I put the building files to bed a LONG time ago for those maps. Sharpsburg was in most of the maps too but a pain in the a&& to get those buggers in. I thought I had them in Burnside but I trust you. There was SO much to get done and I was doing all this solo the last two years...maps, data base, xml for the battles etc. I really am proud of all the maps but I do think that Gettysburg and Antietam series are accurate to within 3 meters. I did the best I could with the available game assets for rocks/trees/configurations etc. Primergy made some great fences and set them up for me to use in the method I did... hundreds of hours just placing the fences across these maps. You could figure at least 150 hours JUST for "Cornfield"...maybe more.

Thank you for your compliments! I do appreciate them, especially from someone as active and knowledgeable about the time and places. My family now lives near Antietam...my sister's home is at the extreme west of the park on Mondell Road. Thanks again and there IS a chance of more maps and fixes in early 2015.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Is there anyone willing to play this mod with me ? I can't seem to find any players...very sad.
    Please add me on steam if are interested (my nickname is "Haugéranville").

Generic question, may start a new thread for feedback. Now that winter is setting in... I am looking at updates to the mod across most areas. I have a long list of bugs and changes, many already done. What I am thinking about is what other maps....My short list:
    Fredericksburg
    Chancellorsville
    Wilderness
    Franklin
    Nashville

Perhaps one from the Seven Days battles. Getting good, accurate topo maps for the battles is the challenge. Ideas and thoughts welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Generic question, may start a new thread for feedback. Now that winter is setting in... I am looking at updates to the mod across most areas. I have a long list of bugs and changes, many already done. What I am thinking about is what other maps....My short list:
    Fredericksburg
    Chancellorsville
    Wilderness
    Franklin
    Nashville

Perhaps one from the Seven Days battles. Getting good, accurate topo maps for the battles is the challenge. Ideas and thoughts welcome.
    That would be awesome. I know for a fact that the Union had some repeater rifles at Franklin so watch out for that. I don't know how you would add those in on a short amount of time. They say Franklin was the Gettysburg of the west. "They" are reenactors I've been watching reenacting at Franklin, so they know their stuff. My buddy and I really been wanting to play on Fredericksburg. The gameplay would be awesome due to the fact of geographical and man-made figures alike in that map (Ex. Pontoons Union had to cross, the stonewall). That sounds really nice and take your time.

Thanks. The problem with Franklin is good maps. As I understand it, almost the entire battlefield is gone, developed.... Nashville about as bad? So the maps will have to be extrapolated a lot from rough maps. What I had for Antietam and Gettysburg and Chickamauga, for example, are unparalleled in quality and accuracy.

For some reason when I put the Unit size on small in the graphic settings, and in match settings, the unit size is still large. Please help!

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Would be really cool if someone could upload some multiplayer historical battles!
    Away from my computer so I can't play myself.