Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Do you use the Launcher? If yes, everything has to be in a ACW folder and the launcher has to be started from this directory (napoleon\data\acw\) if the directory is wrong, it will look for the Napoleon Exe in the wrong folder which gives you the error "Nap.exe not found"

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Do you use the Launcher? If yes, everything has to be in a ACW folder and the launcher has to be started from this directory (napoleon\data\acw\) if the directory is wrong, it will look for the Napoleon Exe in the wrong folder which gives you the error "Nap.exe not found"
    I see the file comes with a duplicate of all the previous files from the update. Should I just move the previous files and the launcher file to an ACW folder? Or delete all of the previous files and move everything from the downloaded file to an ACW folder? I had the same problem though I created an ACW folder to put everything in.

You can do whatever you want, the files are exactly the same. You could extract only the launcher files + user.script from the launcherpack in the acw_folder. Then start the launcher and press the Exit button. This moves all acw files from the data folder into the acw folder.
    Or you extract the launcherpack completly and delete the acw_packs from the data folder by hand.

Biarchus

Wow. I must say after a few dismal weeks of trying to get a game going, finally we did it. Let me just say, what a great battle. Thank you to Nugiman, Poudjik and Hazzard for playing.

We first tried Roundtops, to no avail. The lag was so bad it was unplayable. So we decided on Antietam: Bloody Lane

Me and Poudjik as Billy Yanks with Nugi and Hazzard as Johnny Rebs.

Here is the replay. http://www.filedropper.com/antietambloodylane

Here are a few screenshots.

Rebs had a good defensive position reigning artillery fire down upon our boys.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Our plan was to keep a holding action on our right while Poudjik advanced under hidden LOS on our left as far as he could. So we could sweep left hard.

We paid for every inch of ground we took. There were many charges and counter charges. Many men were greeted with a face full of canister shot.

What a fun battle this was.

Final Tally.

Sorry Davout. Unfortunately there are no 3v2 scenario's and the ai doesn't act as good as we would like. Make sure you join the DNS Group so you can be informed about the next battle.

Hope you all enjoy

Sorry, forgot these 2 shots of holes being made in the ranks by canister. Nugi, sorry I was smoking when the part in the replay came when you wiped out my entire regiment with your cannon. Didn't get screenshot.

Last edited by ztrain909; November 25, 2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: forgot 2 screenshots

Finally after almost a month of trying I had a match with more than 2 players!
    Loved it, thank you for showing up guys.
    We just have to keep trying and we will get more matches

Nice screenshots ztrain! All the attempts of the last weekends finally got a result
    Again next weekend!

My exam week and I am missing many battles.
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Murat ÖZCAN View Post
    My exam week and I am missing many battles.
    Skeleton, your not missing anything. If it wasn't for me and Nugi begging Hazzard and Poudjik to play a game. Me promising to shovel their sidewalk, cut their grass, wash their windows and Nugi promising to wash their underwear, it would have been another normal weekend of a glorious 1 v 1 with Nugi absolutely annihilating me. Plenty of people online to have a 3v3, but no interest at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Skeleton, your not missing anything. If it wasn't for me and Nugi begging Hazzard and Poudjik to play a game. Me promising to shovel their sidewalk, cut their grass, wash their windows and Nugi promising to wash their underwear, it would have been another normal weekend of a glorious 1 v 1 with Nugi absolutely annihilating me. Plenty of people online to have a 3v3, but no interest at all.
    Yeah basically there will only matches happen on weekends, preferably on sundays. After our first bigger match last sunday my hopes are unbroken and I have a better feeling about more matches to come than ever. Lets see whats coming

And ztrain u are not quite correct there. Only in a certain game I give you a beat, but in our all-beloved north and south i can still learn from you (e.g. how to blast away dozens of full, fresh, well trained and motivated brigades with the canister shot of one single arty unit^^)
    Last edited by Nugiman; November 27, 2014 at 04:55 AM.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Someone should upload some gameplay. I wont have access to a gaming PC for a while but it would be nice to see some gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    Someone should upload some gameplay. I wont have access to a gaming PC for a while but it would be nice to see some gameplay
    Just look them up on Youtube.

Well, there none as far as I could see. Just the old version.

Well, there none as far as I could see. Just the old version.
    Ok then you can upload gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    Ok then you can upload gameplay
    Dont know if you are just a troll, but those comments are really unnecessary.

I'll try to make a gameplay vid of the next bigger battle I play, but that could take a while. Not available for the next weekends!
    Not much time to play at the moment, even fewer to make a vid :/
    Maybe we can get musickman to make a vid, he made many lets plays for ACW (ETW). I think he has kind of routine in uploading vids

Quote Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post
    Dont know if you are just a troll, but those comments are really unnecessary.

I'll try to make a gameplay vid of the next bigger battle I play, but that could take a while. Not available for the next weekends!
    Not much time to play at the moment, even fewer to make a vid :/
    Maybe we can get musickman to make a vid, he made many lets plays for ACW (ETW). I think he has kind of routine in uploading vids
    Someone else also uses this computer, sorry. He is a troll by the way. He is not allowed to be on here again.

Biarchus

Ok, I'm a little lost. You people are yearning for game play footage. In post #2 of this page I left a replay of this mod's last 2v2 mp game. Is that not game play footage? What am I missing here? Not to mention, it is difficult to get game play footage of this mod because......... " no one ever wants to play it!"

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Ok, I'm a little lost. You people are yearning for game play footage. In post #2 of this page I left a replay of this mod's last 2v2 mp game. Is that not game play footage? What am I missing here? Not to mention, it is difficult to get game play footage of this mod because......... " no one ever wants to play it!"
    The offline custom battles suck. They are the same as the last update. No campaign. Only multiplayer, which a lot of people don't enjoy.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

You can always trust a fellow Swede. Although he's playing AI it's something. Someone should get in contact with him and upload some PvP gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cllR...BhsQdYHPKAqClQ

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    The offline custom battles suck. They are the same as the last update. No campaign. Only multiplayer, which a lot of people don't enjoy.
    People should give multiplayer a try. I have never seen such awesome battles and actions. At best try a custom battle. They are not as overwhelming as the historical battles for starters.

People should give multiplayer a try. I have never seen such awesome battles and actions. At best try a custom battle. They are not as overwhelming as the historical battles for starters.
    Wow, I just now realized from the video above that you can play multiplayer battles yourself versus AI. I'm so going to play this now. Thanks.

Biarchus

I thought you people might like the beautiful sunset in these two screenshots. You'll notice that's Ecompany 101's Union "scum" running away from my boys at Chickamauga! It wasn't even a challenge!