Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post

Ok , i have created a folder on data with acw name, i dragged all finles into that folder i launch the game on steam and i keep having vanila. What am i doing wrong here ?
    Do you even care about reading the install description?
    It seems you didn't even read all of it, otherwise you wouldn't ask a question like this.

As posted above, read post #50. Create and edit the user.script file
    Also copy the ACW files not only in the acw folder, but also in the data folder itself.

EDIT: BTW my pc is broken. Black screen, graphic card is not working anymore. Can't play this weekend
    But next week I will have a brand new one! No framelag anymore, yay
    Last edited by Nugiman; November 06, 2014 at 09:08 AM.

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Yoyo, we can talk more in teamspeak about the problem your having with this mod tomorrow when we exact our revenge at Montebello on those ruthless Czech's!
    Its not a HB with NTW3 anymore , its this one
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post
    Do you even care about reading the install description?
    It seems you didn't even read all of it, otherwise you wouldn't ask a question like this.

As posted above, read post #50. Create and edit the user.script file
    Also copy the ACW files not only in the acw folder, but also in the data folder itself.

EDIT: BTW my pc is broken. Black screen, graphic card is not working anymore. Can't play this weekend

Judging by your reponse you dont know much what your saying . Do i have to read the first or all the messages betwen post 1 and 50 ?
    Spare this type of help . Such a small mod shouldnt be more than download,install,play.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    Such a small mod shouldnt be more than download,install,play.
    Sorry, this small mod here is offering more self-created stuff (maps, lot of map props, unit models, weapons, animations, scenarios and so on) then the entire Darthmod for NTW..
    It has way more to offer then Darth Ultimate Edition...
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Sorry, this small mod here is offering more self-created stuff (maps, lot of map props, unit models, weapons, animations, scenarios and so on) then the entire Darthmod for NTW..
    It has way more to offer then Darth Ultimate Edition...
    The message about the mod size was to the person that responded on the name of the ACW .
    I never tried DM on NTW my friend and i cant still play ACW .Too bad , i was gonna do some nice HB´s with other youtubers . Thanks for thelp ...
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

KSergio's Avatar Laetus

Nice work. Like it!

ok its working
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post

You have failed me Nugi! Of all weekends for you to have computer trouble, you had to pick this one. My wife is out of town, I'm all ready to go with North & South and my number 1, most reliable mp partner will not be around! Shame Nugi, shame! Now I'll just have to drown my sorrow in a bottle of bourbon.

Hello,

I am excited to play this, the last mod was fantastic and I have been waiting for this one much like the rest of you. I followed the instruction creating a ACW folder in my Data folder, I then copied the filed direct into the Data folder. When I start Napoleon everything is fine, it even had a Civil War back drop on the title scree, but when I click to play I only see options for Napoleon, I do not know how to access the ACW mod, I am sure due to the back drop that it is indeed installed. I am sure I am missing something very basic and obvious.

I got it, I missed the part about adding user scripts. But now how do I access Napoleon? The last mod had a separate icon for ACW, this one seems to work off the Napoleon icon. So now I have the reverse problem where I can access AMC but not Napoleon. I will most likely not be playing Napoleon a lot now that I have ACW but just thought I would ask how it works. Thanks! Now to go play the heck out of this mod!

Biarchus

Nugi, I'm writing this to you so you don't feel like you missed out on any "great" battles because your computer was down. You missed out on nothing. There is absolutely no interest from anyone to play this mod. Over the weekend I tried several times(3 days straight) to organize games with up to 10 people I saw online who have the mod. Each time I would get a response "I can't right now, or sorry I'm busy." Only to see a few minutes later those same people start up some other game in steam. What a punk move. I'd rather they say " Z, i don't freakin like you and you couldn't pay me to play a game with you." Rather than act like a punk and lie. So you didn't miss anything. At least we still have N&S2, which by the way, has been announced with a release date of 2785!

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Nugi, I'm writing this to you so you don't feel like you missed out on any "great" battles because your computer was down. You missed out on nothing. There is absolutely no interest from anyone to play this mod. Over the weekend I tried several times(3 days straight) to organize games with up to 10 people I saw online who have the mod. Each time I would get a response "I can't right now, or sorry I'm busy." Only to see a few minutes later those same people start up some other game in steam. What a punk move. I'd rather they say " Z, i don't freakin like you and you couldn't pay me to play a game with you." Rather than act like a punk and lie. So you didn't miss anything. At least we still have N&S2, which by the way, has been announced with a release date of 2785!
    Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that!
    I noticed the lack of interest in the new version, besides all the waiting and the hype, everyone seems to be uninterested since the release.
    Maybe it is also because of all the crashes or what so ever. Hoped the whole community is coming back to life after the patch, but nothing happened. Even the players that played the old version seem to have no interest anymore.
    My new PC is coming in the middle of this week, will setup all my stuff asap and be ready to play next weekend. I wont stop organizing matches until I didn't have 1 single good match! You got my backup, z

The crashes are most likely the scenarios. The customs battles should be relatively stable like standard NTW. Not??
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    The crashes are most likely the scenarios. The customs battles should be relatively stable like standard NTW. Not??
    To be honest, I didn't play enough matches yet to say anything thats proved.
    Played one custom battle which worked till the end, but I tried 3 scenarios which all crashed in mid-end game.

Its a pity because the scenarios are the core feature of this mod. Maybe they were just too performance demanding so my old pc couldn't stand all those units.
    Will check out with my new PC asap...maybe the crashes are only performance related. I hope so

Its bloody annoying that there is no one ever around or willing to play this mod.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal Nicholas Davout View Post
    Its bloody annoying that there is no one ever around or willing to play this mod.

Exactly!

I got it to work. It is most impressive but its too my for my pc. Even on lowest settings. What does one need to play full. This is something I would considering buying a new pc for when I can. Please let me know

It looks super. I can play custom but that's about it. Too bad

is this thread dead

no its not, i guess there are not enough players and just nothing much to say…
    got everything running again, will play this weekend.

There is still no comment in the first post about the user.script unicode thing. I guess not everyone who tried to install the mod posted a "help" here and just thought "well, it."
    no wonder there is a lack of players...