Thread: new way to play a Total War game, Total Peace!

Icon3 new way to play a Total War game, Total Peace!

I have this weird idea of playing NTW instead of expanding and going to war with rival factions, you hold on to one province for the entire game and make peace if possible with all or as many factions. Basically here are the objectives:

- hold only 1 province. No more and that includes no protectorates.
    - do not declare war at all. Other factions declare war you instead only. The faction predetermined in a war don't count as declarating war since you didn't make the option.
    - if you were attacked by another faction then beat the invading army only in your territory. You can kill routing enemy units even after winning the battle as long its in your territory.
    - do not trespass to other territories even if in allied territories don not pass through them.
    - make trade agreements with as many factions.
    - spying is allowed but no acts of sabotage of buildings or armies. However assassination and sabotage is allowed only if against enemy armies, generals and agents in your territory.
    - making alliances is ok. you can ask an ally to join war with you. Joining in wars against other factions is not approved even if the allied faction asked you. so better choose your allies carefully.
    - as for buildings there is no restrictions on what to build even barracks and canon factories are passable.

So the goal is to play the game with as few wars as possible and survive for as long as possible. Maybe 50 - 100 would be sensible. Any thoughts or add any new ideas to it?
    Last edited by znake_00Z; October 24, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

Default Re: new way to play a Total War game, Total Peace!

Basically you just described an Holland campaign in NTW3. Quite cool. Totally a support role with few british invasions and some friendly fight alongside France.

This just won't work; the computer will sometimes never accept peace, no matter how bad they're being beaten, and not chasing them into their lands will only make it harder. You'll be at war with everyone (not just neighbours) very soon.

which is the the point of the challenge. survive as long as possible not expand and destroying your enemies. doesn't matter if you can't make peace, I know the title is sort of misleading. it's just an idea to play it a very different way.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Napoleon: Total Turtle.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."