Thread: Backstabbing and political rammifications

Default Backstabbing and political rammifications

hey everybody, I haven't posted on TW center for years, but I've been playing DEI for a couple of months now, and first off, I'd just like to say, well done, it's amazing, so much more depth than the vanilla and it outshines every other mod around in terms of difficulty and historical accuracy.

Anyway, reason I'm posting is, I wanted to know if there was a submod or if in the future, "trustworthyness" as a political rating was going to be more difficult to maintain? currently I am playing a hard campaign as rome, and I attacked both massalia and carthage almost immediately after breaking my non-aggressions pacts, but my "steadfast" rating was back in 2-3 turns, essentially rewarding me for suckerpunching them. Surely other factions would frown upon that kind of backstabbing to a high degree, so wouldn't be better if sneaky waltz up to capital, declare war strats came with diplomatic ramifications?

anyway, cheers, it's a great mod

capo

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Backstabbing and political rammifications

It might be that both Carthage and Massalia don(t have real "friends" in the game.
    Your global diplomatic standing is the accumulations of "likes" and "dislikes"
    Thus while dropping initially the turn after the majority of other nations are actually happy with your backstabbing and they start giving you "like", which in the end is understandable.
    For instance breaking treaty in turn 4 with Carthage after (!) you get trade and non aggression with their allies / clients will determine Carthage to declare war on you quite quickly but their "minions" do not follow and some break from the "Punic" alliance and later go on war with Carthage. Resulting you being the big hero for everybody in the region...
    I might be wrong but this was often my experience on VH as Julia
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."