Thread: My proposal to EB 2 Team. Remove the ahistorical city Skythiapolis and add the historical one Tanais

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default My proposal to EB 2 Team. Remove the ahistorical city Skythiapolis and add the historical one Tanais

What do you think?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Delete This Thread.

Things have changed.

Default Re: My proposal to EB 2 Team. Remove the ahistorical city Skythiapolis and add the historical one Tanais

Do you have evidence that Skythiapolis did not exist?

Default Re: My proposal to EB 2 Team. Remove the ahistorical city Skythiapolis and add the historical one Tanais

well. i guess the question is: Do we have evidence that skythiapolis did exist ?

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by maurel View Post
    well. i guess the question is: Do we have evidence that skythiapolis did exist ?
    It is a city in the sky?

If you pointed it out in a map, you probably would be more persuasive. A lot of people dont know what thiss thing is all about.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This a strange thread, what is the difficulty? Just look the place up, it is not difficult to find even for a complete novice- wikipedia even has a post. Otherwise their numerous mentions in the primary sources, take for example the writings of Josephus http://www.jjs-online.net/toc.php?su...rticle&review=
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...Beitshean.html

Those two links are not the most exhaustive sources I could find, but suffice to show a city called Scythopolis

In any case, you can't put Tanais back in; that's in the province of Maeotis and has been replaced by Paniardis (on the opposite bank of the Don river). Putting in two that close together serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    This a strange thread, what is the difficulty? Just look the place up, it is not difficult to find even for a complete novice- wikipedia even has a post. Otherwise their numerous mentions in the primary sources, take for example the writings of Josephus http://www.jjs-online.net/toc.php?su...rticle&review=
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...Beitshean.html

Those two links are not the most exhaustive sources I could find, but suffice to show a city called Scythopolis
    The difficulty is that the OP is trying to convince the community, therefore he makes efforts to prove and persuade others of his proposal, not us to consider his.

Its how it works.

Senator

The difficulty is that the OP is trying to convince the community, therefore he makes efforts to prove and persuade others of his proposal, not us to consider his.

Its how it works.
    But he doesn't...it's just a question,and he even asked for this thread to be deleted.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Are you stupid?

The City is historic in syria!!!!

https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=scythopolis

Darkan's Avatar Senator

No need for name calling ...
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Ich wollte Ihn auch nicht beleidigen, da mein Englisch aber nicht das bste ist ist mir keine Passendere bezeichnung eingefallen.

Er hätte den EB 2 namen nur in Google eingeben müssen und dann hätte er die Stadt gefunden.